Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? (43116 Views)

Who Is Old Enough To Remember These Music Videos/advert? / Throwback, Do You Remember This show and these Guys? / Teenage Wizkid Freestyling On Jimmy Jump Off (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by tsavde(m): 10:31am On Aug 11, 2018
Peter tosh, cloud 7, the dove's, Eric Donaldson, gorozo (tiv no 1) indomine generation missed dis part of life
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by uwa244(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Turntable plates. I grew up in the 80s/90s bumping Turntables with our Kenwood player.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by abbeyty(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2018
Some of those who were at least 6 years that time must be grandfather or grandmother by now.if you are not something must be wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2018
I saw something like this besides my father black and white TV, we only have interest in watching tales by Moon light, papa Aluwe, Ajasco and Zebrudaya alias 4 40. I was curious one day to ask what that thing for, I could not remember what my father told me again. I think in the nutshell we are Christians and most of the plate are worldly songs, since my father repented that thing was relegated. The last time i saw that thing was when my father discovered i am asking so much questions on it.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by tunary(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2018
Rapmoney:
Sense dey pain u? U no know ur age-grade?
lol no mind am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Ten06(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2018
Rapmoney, you tell it like you are my age group

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Ten06(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2018
Rapmoney:
After traveling for a very long time, I paid my dad a visit recently and was surprised to still find these old records in his room. These stuffs really took me down memory lane.

Still remember back then in the late 70's and early 80's when we used to attend birthday parties as kids and to know that the songs we danced to actually came from these old records played from old stereo players.

I remember Oriental Brothers of Africa, Johnny Nash, Bongos Ikwe, I-Roy and U-Roy from Jamaica, Edna Evi Ogoli, The New Edition (can't forget 'Candy Girl' and 'Cool It Down'), The Mandators, Isaac Black and many more. Memories!!!

Abeg, anybody wen fit connect, fit connect grin cheesy
Wow! You tell it like you are my age group
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by tunary(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2018
I love old-school
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2018
O boy i still be small boy compared to some comment here, I saw this thing but never work till it vanished.
I think our time is between the oldies and the newbies
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2018
Alvin007:
Turntables...I inherited an amplifier, a turntable player, tuner,(all SONY) and some huge Kenwood speakers...from my dad.
He claimed to have been a ‘dj’ during his high school days. Rest In Peace Dad.

Cc egunmogaji
Sir, I’m sure you still have these plates. cheesy

In reggae, fuji, apala, hollywood sound tracks.

The best part for the song is the scratchy beginnings where you gently lay the needle before the music actually starts grin

I had a "changer" also, a turntable where you can stack a few "plates" and they automatically drop. My sweet Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Modarun(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2018
i run a record store, i collect these recordz, please if you any of these intact, i would love tobpay for them.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Alvin007: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

In reggae, fuji, apala, hollywood sound tracks.

The best part for the song is the scratchy beginnings where you gently lay the needle before the music actually starts grin

I had a "changer" also, a turntable where you can stack a few "plates" and they automatically drop. My sweet Nigeria.

I knew it. cheesy..the scratchy beginnings were dope, and the way it ends with the stick holding the needle, gently going back to its status quo..
I’ve never seen a changer before..I’d love to see one someday.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by ikorodureporta: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by mosesjida(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2018
If you don't understand anything dey re saying here let gada for a meeting

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Alvin007: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2018
mosesjida:
If you don't understand anything dey re saying here let gada for a meeting

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2018
I only hear stories about vinyl records for example how the high note in "If I Ever Fall In Love" by Shai sounds amazing on it. Still waiting for the day I'll get to listen to some of my favorite songs on vinyl.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2018
Bongos Ikwe, "Ole NNE, ole n NNA, e ...ayakata bongo e" grin

My Popcy used to have this, large amps, Kenwood speakers. That was CD of those days.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by IME1: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2018
grin
The ones I remember were Abba, Boney M and Rex Lawson

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by lawalosky(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2018
Rapmoney:
After traveling for a very long time, I paid my dad a visit recently and was surprised to still find these old records in his room. These stuffs really took me down memory lane.

Still remember back then in the late 70's and early 80's when we used to attend birthday parties as kids and to know that the songs we danced to actually came from these old records played from old stereo players.

I remember Oriental Brothers of Africa, Johnny Nash, Bongos Ikwe, I-Roy and U-Roy from Jamaica, Edna Evi Ogoli, The New Edition (can't forget 'Candy Girl' and 'Cool It Down'), The Mandators, Isaac Black and many more. Memories!!!

Abeg, anybody wen fit connect, fit connect grin cheesy
like seriously, we have so many papas in this forum...
abeg make I waka pass. before someone start calling me indomie generation guy....

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Johnsown1(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2018
How time flies
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Deo1986(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2018
Those good old days grin, please I don't wanna cry angry . Mom had to sell all of ours back in 1992 when times were tough. sad
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by sulakishop(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2018
Not for children
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by chuks34(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2018
we have torns of this in our fathers house, they are just useless but mom wont let us throw dem away
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by babtoundey(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2018
we still have lot of those things in my dad's parlour.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Alvin007: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2018
Deo1986:
Those good old days grin, please I don't wanna cry angry . Mom had to sell all of ours back in 1992 when times were tough. sad

C’mon man..cheer up! At least those tough times didn’t last forever. The future is bright. smiley
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by sonnie10: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2018
EfemenaXY:

Felix liberty (Ifeoma), Onyeka Onwenu (African Woman, One Love), Majek Fashek (Send Down The Rain), Mike Okri (Omoge, Rhumba Dance), Sonny Okosun (African soldiers, Papa’s Land), etc

Yes, those were the good old days... grin
Jide obi, Bright Chimezie, Alex O, Oriz Wiliki, Prince Nico, Mandators, Victor Uwaifo,
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by Deo1986(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2018
Alvin007:

C’mon man..cheer up! At least those tough times didn’t last forever. The future is bright. smiley
things got better few years later, presently, the time's brighter. Thanks anyway.
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by bobby86(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2018
beautiful old memorabl days.see as time flies
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by galadima77(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2018
i know someday posterity would show our androids now and say.... "WHO REMEMBERS THESE"?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by nazablossom(f): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2018
My father's own is still occupying his sitting room grin
Re: Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? by win2kwire: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2018
nothing will ever beat sweet mother.
Not even these yeye small boys like Davido and P square

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Affect My Life Breath On Me Lyrics / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3 / Download Music: Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved + Lyrics Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.