Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) (1708 Views)

Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by FriendNG: 4:32am On Jul 08, 2018
The Nigeria Federal Government is set to launch the Abuja Rail Mass Transit project later this month.

The project, which is the first light rail system in West Africa, was flagged-off by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007 in an attempt to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

The Government had earlier disclosed that tracks, as well as 12 stations of the first phase of the projects, were already completed while procurement of rolling stock (wagons, etc) was ongoing.

Tolu Ogunlesi, the special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on digital media, disclosed that the trial phase took place today, ahead of the launch which has been scheduled to hold later this month.

“Today we tour #AbujaMetro, ahead of the launch. The first light rail system in West Africa. Phase 1 completed; 2 Lines, Yellow and Blue, with Connections to Abuja Airport and the National Rail Line” Ogunlesi tweeted.

“Took us about 20 minutes from Abuja Metro Station direct to Idu, where the #AbujaMetro connects to the National Rail Service (Lagos-Kano/Abuja-Kaduna). There are a couple of stations in between that we didn’t stop at, so the ideal journey will take slightly longer.”

The project would connect the city centre to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and would offer a light rail transport system that would ease transport challenges in the city.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo initiated the project with an official groundbreaking ceremony in May 2007 in order to host Commonwealth Games in 2014. But lack of funds for the project delayed its completion

https://m.guardian.ng/news/fg-to-launch-abuja-rail-mass-transit-project/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by FriendNG: 4:32am On Jul 08, 2018
This is the second modern rail project Buhari will be commissioning.

The first is the Abuja Kaduna standard gauge.

Followed by Abuja Metro Light rail

And the 3rd will be Lagos Ibadan rail (Set for December)

The project commenced in 2007 during the Olusegun Obasanjo regime before the pigs tell us it's GeJ that initiated it.

God Bless Muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Rotimi Ameachi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2018
God bless my President.
Good way to go.
They can keep hating you sir, while you keep doing your good work.
Sai Baba till Baba say ayam going.
grin cheesy wink

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by ReformedAPC: 4:44am On Jul 08, 2018
PDP projects. Initiated by PDP's Obasanjo, continued by yaradua, and rounded up by PDP's President GEJ. Commissioning tactically delayed by the herdsmen leader to claim cheap glory.

Abuja to Kaduna railway entirely completed by PDP's President GEJ.

Lagos Ibadan expressway 85% completed by PDP's President GEJ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by deomelo: 4:48am On Jul 08, 2018
ReformedAPC:
PDP projects. Initiated by PDP's Obasanjo, continued by yaradua, and rounded up by PDP's President GEJ. Commissioning tactically delayed by the herdsmen leader to claim cheap glory.

Standard meaningless ipob wailing parameters..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by FriendNG: 4:49am On Jul 08, 2018
ReformedAPC:

They supposed to complete this project in 2014 but they failed. They are more interested inlooting the funds than executing the project until the incorruptible man come and complete it.

Even if it was initiated by Dr Nnamdi Zik in 1960, we will write Buhari name in "concrete commissioning block" which will be there for generations to come.

Also Ameachi name will be in history as the transport Minister who mastermind it. Ntoor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by ReformedAPC: 4:51am On Jul 08, 2018
deomelo:

We are always here to burst any idiotic glorification attempts by the jihadist party.... Meanwhile contact us for Kemi Adeosun's NYSC certificate...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by ReformedAPC: 4:53am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

They supposed to complete the project in 2014 but they where buzy looting the money until the incorruptible man come and complete it. Even if it was started Dr Nnamdi Zik in 1960, we will write Buhari name in concrete commissioning block which will there for generations to come. Also Ameachi name as 3 transport Minister who mastermind it. Ntoor.
If you like write Futa Jallon on it .... your area of origin... and inscribe Sani Yusuf the founder of Boko Haram.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

They supposed to complete the project in 2014 but they where buzy looting the money until the incorruptible man come and complete it. Even if it was started Dr Nnamdi Zik in 1960, we will write Buhari name in concrete commissioning block which will there for generations to come. Also Ameachi name as 3 transport Minister who mastermind it. Ntoor.
This is a sensible man talking.
God bless your intellectual and wise soul.
Wailers can only wail and be pained by the president's good deed.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by deomelo: 5:00am On Jul 08, 2018
[s]
ReformedAPC:

We are always here to burst any idiotic glorification attempts by the jihadist party.... Meanwhile contact us for Kemi Adeosun's NYSC certificate...
[/s]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02am On Jul 08, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

All they can do is to wail all day and night.
They have no intelligent discussion to have.
Just some beer parlor gist.
Nice one my broda.
We've learnt to ignore them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by OfficialAwol(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:
This will be the second railway Buhari is commissioning.

The first is the Abuja Kaduna railway.

The second being Abuja Metro Light rail

They 3rd Lagos Ibadan rail (Set for December)

The project commenced in 2007 during the Olusegun Obasanjo regime before the pigs tell us it's GeJ that initiated it

SMH.

I doubt if Guardian newspaper wrote this one sided thrash.

Agreed that OBJ initiated the project, the man that gave it form is GEJ. If had continued, that project would have been far commissioned because I learnt it was in its final phase as of 2015. This stupid delay is to make it seem like much thing was on it. And again, I think it was purposely left for election period so it would be used to score cheap political points in the eyes of the gullible.

But my only surprise is the fact that there was no mention of GEJ in the write up just so no credit will go to him. But I'm sure majority of Nigerians know whose project that is.

But it seems clowns are multiplying here on daily basis or do the old ones change nomenclature?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by ReformedAPC: 5:10am On Jul 08, 2018
OfficialAwol:

SMH.

I doubt if Guardian newspaper wrote this one sided thrash.

Agreed that OBJ initiated the project, the man that gave it form is GEJ. If had continued, that project would have been far commissioned because I learnt it was in its final phase as of 2015. This stupid delay is to make it seem like much thing was on it. And again, I think it was purposely left for election period so it would be used to score cheap political points in the eyes of the gullible.

But my only surprise is the fact that there was no mention of GEJ in the write up just so no credit will go to him. But I'm sure majority of Nigerians know whose project that is.

But it seems clowns are multiplying here on daily basis or do the old ones change nomenclature?
Are you responding to the "your land or your life" political party?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 08, 2018
post=69179771:
God bless my President.
Good way to go.
They can keep hating you sir, while you keep doing your good work.
Sai Baba till Baba say ayam going.

Pain of a frustrated wailer below me.
Pee on ya Big head grin cheesy wink

If not for the herdsman insecurity crisis, baba would arguably be one of the best leaders in Africa. Nonetheless, his infrastructure works have been commendable.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by deomelo: 5:13am On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:13am On Jul 08, 2018
Bolowolowo:

If not for the herdsman insecurity crisis, baba would arguably be one of the best leaders in Africa. Nonetheless, his infrastructure works have been commendable.
You are very right with this bro.
The politicians behind the killings in the country will all be expose sooner than we expected.
Baba is one of the best leaders we have in the world.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by ReformedAPC: 5:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Bolowolowo:

Name a project he initiated and has completed? Don't mention any PDP projects at all! I dare you!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by deomelo: 5:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by FriendNG: 5:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Jul 08, 2018
God bless my President

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2018
Oh no,
Where are the reasonable people to have good political discussions with on here for Krissake?

When you see without a sensible thing to contribute to a thread.
They gather and start breaking bottles and try to disrupt the scene like one of their heroes...... 'Mr we will not take it!' cheesy grin.
Bunch of losers!
Supporters of corrupt politiicans.
Una go wail tire and loose forever.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Launch Abuja Rail Mass Transit Project On Thursday (Tomorrow) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:25am On Jul 08, 2018
anyimontana:
go and attach ur grill business to a correct club,and get busy..I wonder how u will b on nairaland running around like rat..I guess u must be a Foreman
You see them.
No reasonable contribution.
I give up on You!
I weep for this nation.
Shameless youths.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Eyes On Nigeria State: Zamfara, Osun And 14 Other States / Buhari Is In Oman, Not In Japan, IPOB Insists / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo During Mugabe Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.