Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike (7660 Views)

JUST IN: Ondo Lawmakers Meet, May Declare Aiyedatiwa Acting Gov / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Amaechi And Wife, Judith Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by GuruboiNaija: 6:27am On Jan 12
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said that the FCT Administration will work round the clock to deliver the Abuja Rail Mass Transit, ARMT System project on May 29.

Wike stated this after an inspection tour of the project in Abuja on Thursday.

He said: “I am not a pessimist, and I believe that if we put all our energy into it, we may achieve it. I have also disbursed the funds for access roads, so we have no excuse.”

.ng recalls that FCTA announced in August 2023 the award of a N5 billion contract for the rehabilitation of the ARMT system.

The contract was awarded to China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation Ltd. (CCECC), to be delivered within eight months.

On assumption of office, Wike identified the ARMT as one of the projects that would be commissioned on May 29 to mark President Bola Tinubu’s one year in office.

The minister expressed dissatisfaction with the delivery of the project following the persistent vandalisation and stealing of critical facilities and equipment of the rail system.

“This is one project that I am so compassionate about, and you know that Mr President has given me a directive that must not be taken for granted.

“When we first visited the metro station, I discovered that there were many security lapses. I remember when I first came after our inauguration, I did say that we would have to work on the issue of security by putting a fence around the Metro Station to fend off criminals.

“Unfortunately, that has not been done and to my surprise, I discovered that the contract was not even awarded to CCECC. It is a different contractor awarded by the FCT. This is my first time hearing this, and we are going to take it up immediately to see that the fence is put in place because you can’t talk of operation when you have not tackled the issue of security,” he said.

https://.ng/2024/01/12/abuja-rail-project-well-meet-may-29-target-wike/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by azadus18: 6:31am On Jan 12
May"*
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by usecondom(m): 7:03am On Jan 12
Make it happen

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Ahmed0336(m): 7:06am On Jan 12
Mr project don talk, time will tell .

8 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Henryjr(m): 7:12am On Jan 12
Wike is not perfect, but if we can have 36 Wikes in Nigeria, we will be better in terms of infrastructural development. Hate him as much as you like, he has outperformed your favourite politician.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by accordadoga25(f): 8:22am On Jan 12
Hehehe

Wike, the Mr. Doer

Wike, the developer.

The senior butcher.

The next SS president.

With Ashiwaju on your side you can never go irrelevant.

Awon eleya ma ro ejo Ku ni

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by SoNature(m): 8:22am On Jan 12
Anyone can choose to call Wike anything, but when it comes to development, he's only in competition with himself.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by lonelydora: 8:23am On Jan 12
Wike, focus on Abuja and leave Simi Fubara for us in Rivers. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Allow Simi so that people that got civil service job can resume. They have been waiting since last year.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Jestin: 8:24am On Jan 12
Wike is a workaholic but he should control his licking tap mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Brendaniel: 8:24am On Jan 12
Henryjr:
Wike is not perfect, but if we can have 36 Wikes in Nigeria, we will be better in terms of infrastructural development. Hate him as much as you like, he has outperformed your favourite politician.

You guys really think governance is all about infrastructure?

No wonder Nigeria has so many abandoned or needless infrastructures that are wasting away...

Some of these men come up with some of these projects just because of the hype to their name or extremely over inflated to make outrageous profits from even if it means taking loans that the people will repay.

Some of these projects are not even what the people need at the moment, at the end huge loans will be used and then the projects cannot even repay the loans used

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by nanauju(f): 8:25am On Jan 12
Ok continue from your previous predecessor
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by EromsOko: 8:29am On Jan 12
You Wike abandoned the Port Harcourt, you own state Rail project Rotimi Ameachi started and you are now bragging about Abuja rail project. Rotimi Ameachi started it, if you would have continued it by now PHC would have become close to a mega city.
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Awise09(m): 8:29am On Jan 12
The only Mr talk and do I know

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by mrblessed(m): 8:29am On Jan 12
Just like Portharcourt refinery, abi?
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Enny2013(f): 8:29am On Jan 12
Wike tries when it comes to projects.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Infobase101: 8:34am On Jan 12
We believe you.
But leave Fubara alone
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by bigdammyj: 8:35am On Jan 12
Noted.
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Honestey: 8:58am On Jan 12
At least let have view of ongoing project
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by mamaafrik(m): 9:02am On Jan 12
Let those River indigenes come and tell us about Wike.
How did he fair as the River state governor??
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by richiemcgold: 9:05am On Jan 12
Abuja, the federal capital territory of over 30 years cannot boast of any functional rail system. This indeed is very shameful.
ribbit:
that's why we laughed at those mor0ns who believed Lagos development was because it was capital some 40 years ago.

Lagos without any support from the federal government has singlehandedly started and completed blue line, red line and another line is currently under construction. Whereas Abuja with all the federal government money cannot boast of any functional rail line, very shameful and laughable.

ribbit:
abi o.

Lagos has been really lucky to be in the hand of good and visionary governors since 1999.

Suddenly election came, lagosians who don't know shit about how good they have had it compared to other sorry states in country called Nigeria suddenly allowed themselves to be brainwashed.

It's a pity really.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by ribbit: 9:10am On Jan 12
Massive development going on around the country except south east.

Something needs to be done about south east development to prevent the people from there from moving enmasse everywhere there is little development.

May be federal government should just cancel the governorship post since they can't seem to get any good governor since 1999 and start appointing governors for them .

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by ribbit: 9:11am On Jan 12
richiemcgold:
Abuja, the federal capital territory of over 30 years cannot boast of any functional rail system. This indeed is very shameful.
that's why we laughed at those mor0ns who believed Lagos development was because it was capital some 40 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by pharmagba: 9:17am On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

You guys really think governance is all about infrastructure?

No wonder Nigeria has so many abandoned or needless infrastructures that are wasting away...

Some of these men come up with some of these projects just because of the hype to their name or extremely over inflated to make outrageous profits from even if it means taking loans that the people will repay.

Some of these projects are not even what the people need at the moment, at the end huge loans will be used and then the projects cannot even repay the loans used
You just bad mouth and be critical because you don't like him or this administration, just as your paymaster Obi.
It's not everytime you talk.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Brendaniel: 9:19am On Jan 12
pharmagba:

You just to be critical because you don't like him or bad mouth this administration.
It's not everytime you talk.

I don't like him because he doesn't offer good governance, so I should just like him because he is a politician ?
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Luvinghubby: 9:19am On Jan 12
Mr talk and do
One chance operators are feeling the heat now in Abuja

E remain Fulani herdsmen and babambola(iron condem)

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by ribbit: 9:20am On Jan 12
richiemcgold:

Lagos without any support from the federal government has singlehandedly started and completed blue line, red line and another line is currently under construction. Whereas Abuja with all the federal government money cannot boast of any functional rail line, very shameful and laughable.
abi o.

Lagos has been really lucky to be in the hand of good and visionary governors since 1999.

Suddenly election came, lagosians who don't know shit about how good they have had it compared to other sorry states in country called Nigeria suddenly allowed themselves to be brainwashed.

It's a pity really.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Obakoolex(m): 10:05am On Jan 12
Mr project has spoken grin
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by maktop(m): 10:33am On Jan 12
I think there is always the positive and negative side of any person. On the positive side, wike is good when it comes to executing projects.
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Orathird: 10:54am On Jan 12
If it’s the same Abuja to the Airport Railway, it’s not a viable project at all.

This is the reason I said it’s not variable.

The train station location: The station is located where people cannot go to board a train. Imagine someone going to the airport or Lugbe and then first goto central area to wait for a train when the person can just goto the airport straight or Lugbe.

Residential area: The train is not close the residential areas. People will still prefer road transport.

It will make sense if they extend it to Dutse - Kubwa - Zuba - Suleja

Nyanya - Karo - Mararaba etc.

These are places people stay.

Only people returning from the airport will benefit from the train if they will wait for the train departure time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) / List Of Evil Accomplishments Of Boko Haram / Okorocha: There’s A Vacuum In Nigeria, Asks Youths To Take 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.