Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa (18838 Views)

Man Who Supplies Guns To Bandits In The North Reveals How Much He Sells Them / 'I Don't Give A Damn If APC Loses Zamfara' - Senator Marafa Makes U-turn (WATCH) / APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
labake1:

Think before quoting me undecided
not your fault. Fulani never rape you and your loved ones before that is why you're running your mouth

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by weyreypey: 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
Esseite:
We are too divided to pass such a law, we only see the countries whom have passed it without seeing the conflicts it generated when it was passed.
eg USA 1868..

We have conflicts in abundance to arm them:
Religious conflicts.
Tribal conflicts.
Regional conflicts.
Security conflicts.
Political partisan conflicts.
Normal killings conflict.
2 fighting conflicts.
Anger conflicts.

I believe the senator spoke out on the spate of killings.
Stop it. I am eagerly waiting for the law. Sarrki hi.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by Hassan88(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
In other words, I may become the next Sylvester Stallone in Nigeria.

Dead men tell no tales.
Shoot to kill.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by felixawe(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
Gun should be legalised, otherwise, armed herdsmen should be ripped of any form of ammunition and be prosecuted
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by EternalTruths: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
OROSUNBOLB:

I don't understand your point here, but I know for sure that it will be the end of all the senseless killings if the murderous fulani dare to venture into Yorubaland. There has been pocket of killings in Yorubaland as well but those have been effectively retaliated and checked.we have not been pushed to the wall yet!

If the so-called Fulani herdsmen try to repeat the atrocities they are committing in the middle belt right now in Yorubaland, it will not only be the end of Nigeria, but the end of all Fulani in Yorubaland.

We are ready;we are always ready without beating our chest. What happened in Oke Ogun,Oyo state in year 2000 and recently at Ile Ife, Osun will be a child's play.

They are already killing your people on a low key.

Have you asked yourself why Obasanjo is hellbent on removing Buhari.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by Blue3k(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
I'm cool with legalizing gun ownership. Doubt it will happen though.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by EternalTruths: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
labake1:

They will now be fear everywhere. A lot of pple will start using it for illegal acts. Nigeria will now look like action movie abi.

By the time Fulani Terrorists put their uncircumcised things inside your thing, then will you appreciate the idea of Self Defense.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by EternalTruths: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
not your fault. Fulani never rape you and your loved ones before that is why you're running your mouth

No mind her by the time, Fulani Terrorists go insert their uncircumcised things insider her own, na then she go understand wetin, women for Middle Belt dey pass through.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by ojtech8291: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
It is a good suggestion but the negative side of it should be taken care of. That is one only use the Gun for self defense only. If you are caught with the Gun doing otherwise you will have yourself to blame.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
EternalTruths:

Even Sarki, a member of this forum, cannot say that! Look man, we are Youruba; we are capable of looking after ourselves and our interests.. Fulani are no match for us! We have defeated them in the past and we can repeat it again.

As for Obasanjo, Baba is just realising that he is first a Yoruba before being a Nigerian. In spite of his many shortcomings, concerning Yoruba interests, we still love Baba Obasanjo dearly.

Tactics for tactics, charms for charms, weapons for weapons, Yoruba will defeat Fulani anytime, anyway. I have not seen any Fulani or Hausa that misbehaves in my town-Modakeke. Trust me, if it happens, it won't go unpunished. You may encourage them to pay a visit though.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by Chimok: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
These foolish lawmakers
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by awoofawoo: 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
OROSUNBOLB:

I don't understand your point here, but I know for sure that it will be the end of all the senseless killings if the murderous fulani dare to venture into Yorubaland. There has been pocket of killings in Yorubaland as well but those have been effectively retaliated and checked.we have not been pushed to the wall yet!

If the so-called Fulani herdsmen try to repeat the atrocities they are committing in the middle belt right now in Yorubaland, it will not only be the end of Nigeria, but the end of all Fulani in Yorubaland.

We are ready;we are always ready without beating our chest. What happened in Oke Ogun,Oyo state in year 2000 and recently at Ile Ife, Osun will be a child's play.

Wa sere!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by awoofawoo: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
EternalTruths:

You validate what the guy said with bold
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by chikason68(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
Since the government is handicapped in defending the people.... You can't deny the people the right to defend themselves and their families....

Let's legalise guns and firearms

Yakpotuba!!!!
U want us to kill ourselves ba? Imagin everyone moving around with guns freely. We as a country, like to abuse opportunities. Abeg me i no support this one o before person go shoot me gun because of small problem
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by ZombieTAMER: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
chikason68:

U want us to kill ourselves ba? Imagin everyone moving around with guns freely. We as a country, like to abuse opportunities. Abeg me i no support this one o before person go shoot me gun because of small problem

Don't worry... You will have your own gun too

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
BlacSmit:
Imagine illiterates Nigerians holding a gun? Even in the US where literacy is high, they still have high mortality rate due to gun violence. What would then when in Nigeria where about half population are either unemployed or under employed. Guns would serve as an employment opportunity for the 'sharp ones'. Many States would become empty overnight. Our under staffed police force won't dare to leave their office. Arrest won't be forceful anymore. "If you like you let me arrest you, if you don't like, you can stay back and let your angry neighbors shoot you. choose one" undecided

omg... this is so funny grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by anonymous1759(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/275326-insecurity-nigerian-senator-wants-citizens-to-carry-guns.html

If this law will be passed. I beg of you Federal Republic of Nigeria. I know you've not done anything for me since the day of my birth but just grant me one wish, giving me a diplomatic visa because if this comes to pass Nigeria will be scanty the badbelle we've on NL, alone will give an insight on what will happen. I personally will kill so many many people who post or comment with their anus. some people can be so annoying gushh.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by isahusiomon58(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
pass that law and we are so damned.... all those igbobians wee just be killing people anyhow... bet9ja go close straight #if you know you know � �
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by uvie66: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
What do government provide ?
HEALTH....?
Education.....?
Road....?
Light....?
Transportation....?
Low Housing accommodation .......?
Emergency services...ok Lagos is trying
Security....?
Why are the citizens waiting for the government to provide security
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by ANOWEDGREAT: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/275326-insecurity-nigerian-senator-wants-citizens-to-carry-guns.html

This can only work out in a civilize country not in the world's poorest country like nigeria where extreme poverty and ethnic hatred is on the all time high.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by Horus(m): 12:35am On Jul 09, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWYsWm-K0E

Should Nigerians Carry Guns?
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by dochenaj: 1:21am On Jul 09, 2018
A country with the most deplorable security and you want to legalize arms. Nigeria will just turn to Libya overnight.
Some people just need their brains evaluated.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by dochenaj: 1:24am On Jul 09, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Don't worry... You will have your own gun too
Oh! He will shoot back from the dead after someone had creeped in from his back to deal him a fatal shot to the head.
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by rhames(m): 5:04am On Jul 09, 2018
Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I support this wholeheartedly.

Eguns - lifetime patron of naija rifle association cheesy

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa by tck2000(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
inoki247:
have gotten mine
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Onyechi Ikpeazu Hired By Adekunle Akinlade, Ogun APM For Election Tribunal / Emir Sanusi To Beggars: Demand Money From Govt Not Individuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.