Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! (569 Views)

What Is Text Ad, And How Do I Bill This People. / Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Are you tired of flailing around with SEO?

You have tried everything the gurus, the SEO blogs and webmasters have told you and still nothing is working.

Well, thank your gods you finally found this.

I'm going to tell you why you have been failing for the most part:

You are writing for the masses.

You are writing for your customer base.

I see this all the time when I come across a blog and I can't just help but wince.

There are two types of traffic that can come to your site.

- People that run a website in your niche
- And people who don't

The mistake most make is writing for the latter.

That's why they keep failing at this SEO thing.

Successful ones appeal and write to the first group.

Let me give you a case study.

An event planner approached me once to help her audit her site and rank for her keywords.

When I landed on her site I could see why she had been languishing on the 10th page of Google for her keywords.

The posts on her blog roll read something like:

- 5 gifts to give to the Couples
- 7 tips for a memorable wedding
- How to design the perfect invitation cards

Very terrible choice of posts:

Yes, she is trying to appeal to her potential customer base:

People about to get married.

But this is a huge mistake.

Stop writinng for your potential customer base.

Why?

In most niches your potential client base cant link to your content. Never!

Why?

Because they don't run a websites let alone one in your industry.

Do you think people about to get wedded run websites?

If you run a blog for single moms don't write content that appeal to single moms.

Why?

Single moms don't run websites or blogs so they can't link to your content.

No matter how awesome your content is, your customer base is most likely not going have a website in your niche and so can't link to your awesome content.

They are going to read your awesome content, gush all over it and then close the tab. Then go back to liking cat videos on Facebook.

Unfortunately, this is the approach the gurus tell you to take. Does this sound logical to you?

Here's the truth:

For you to rank on the first page of google you need links! The more conpetitive your keywords the more links you need!

If you can't find people that can link to your content, game over!

So back to that first group!

For you to succeed with SEO, you need to find people that can link to your site and then create content for them! Not your customer base!

Let's call them Linkers.

Your linkers are necessarily not your customer base.

Linkers are people that run websites in your niche!

That's it.

They are the people that have the power to link to your content and share it with their audience.

This is what gets you targeted traffic and first page rankings.

There's an intricate but simple process to find linkers.

Don't get it twisted here:

You want to fish out these people.

They hold the golden ticket to your train to first page rankings and targeted traffic. To more leads and sales for your business.

Luckily, there's a step-by-step process I'm going to give you to find linkers in whatever niche or market you are in.

Get your pen and notepads out.

We are about to go on a very interesting journey.

A secret only a few hold and one they don't want you to know about.

But I say information wants and should always be free!

So here we go...

1 Like

Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by doubleportion: 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Grabbed pop corn!, front seat secured!
Am good to go.
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Already seated!
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by lastbaff(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nice
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Lagosfinder(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2018
Following
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by iben(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2018
Reach more clients/customers by sending bulk whatsapp messages with our software and get access to 1000+ Active Nigerian Whatsapp Phone Numbers? Whatsapp/Call Reuben on 07068947602 to get free Sample!!
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by CuriousX: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2018
Following
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by godwinstringed1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
Godwin follows
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2018
So we have established that to get successful in 2018 with SEO, you must write content that appeal to Linkers.

You must write content that appeal to the people that run sites in your niche or in a related niche...not the masses.

So how do we find these 'linkers'

Method 1:

First, search for a broad keyword that customers use to find your site.

For example, let's say you run a site that sells a dating advice book

You simply search for keywords like:

'Dating advice'
'Dating tips'
'Relationship advice'

You get the gist.

If you are in a very small niche, you might want to search for keywords around the broad category that your niche falls under.

So, if you sell a nail fungi cream (very obscure niche), you will have a hard time finding sites that cover a topic like that.

What you could do is search for a keyword like:

'How to treat your nail'

You could also search in a shoulder niche.

A shoulder niche is a niche related to your main industry.

If you run a SEO site, a shoulder niche could be Facebook ads.

Another thing you want to do is, search for informational keywords and not product-focused keywords.

In our example of nail fungi cream, you don't want to search for 'best nail fungi cream'. You want to search for keywords like: 'how can I take care of my nails'.

Why?

Searching for a product-focused keyword bring up ecommerce sites, which probably aren't going to be linkers.

Informational keywords bring up news sites and blogs. This is where you would find ideal linkers.

Once you search for a keyword, go through the top 40 results and add sites to your list that are potential linkers.

Remember:

A linker is anyone that runs a site in your niche.

Repeat this process for as many keywords as you will like to target.

Method 2:

Another method to find linkers is using the 'best of blog' method.

You've seen those best of blog posts right?

Those blog posts that lists well known and some under the radar blogs in a niche.

When you find this lists, you have found a breeding ground of linkers staring you in the face.

To find them simply search Google for:

'(Keyword) best blogs to follow'
'Best (keyword) blogs'
'Best (keyword) posts (year)'
'Top (keyword) blogs to follow + (year)'

When you use these search strings, you will find lists of high quality blogs in your niche.

Now that you have found your linkers.

Your next step is very important.

You need to answer the question: what do my linkers tend to link to or write about?

This will show you the type of content that appeal to your linkers.

When you find the answer to this, finding topics for your content literally writes itself.

Because then you will know exactly the type of content to write that are proven to attract links.

Knowing your content appeals to your linkers is a huge competitive advantage.

I will show you how to answer that very question in the next post.
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Compliant(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
@Nichesiteseo just sent you a mail from ati.....

kindly check and reply

thanks
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Compliant:
@Nichesiteseo just sent you a mail from ati.....

kindly check and reply

thanks

Did we just get on a call?

Just making sure.
Re: Forget Your Customers. Look For This People Instead! by Compliant(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nichesiteseo:

Did we just get on a call?

Just making sure.

yes pls and nice speaking with you

(1) (Reply)

Another 496k Group For Sale / Come In 4 Ur Blog Setup, Website Design & Android Dev / What Is SEO? How Is It Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.