Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! (1568 Views)

Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Customers Can Only Transfer Funds From Their Current Accounts in GTBank? / Pls Save My Domicilliary And Current Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Roforofo(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Some maga tried to use my debit card in Nigeria but entered the incorrect PIN. GTB staff called me immediately in the UK to alert me. I have asked them to cancel my card although na just 500 Naira  I dey keep to run the account. I have a fixed deposit of 15 million with GTB so their staff say it might have been an inside job. My advice to those with large sums in Naija current accounts if you live abroad either move it to a fixed which cannot be accessed by debit card or if possible ask your Naija bank to block your card. You fit unblock am whenever you visit home. Make we show these magas say dem be mumus! grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2010
My friend lost is money through this method and the bank is not liable they told him.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Uchek(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hi Roforofo

Thank God you did not fall prey. I looking for partner investor to join me in a profitable start-up to be located in Lagos. I am currently in USA. We have a detailed project proposal about the project for your perusal if you are interested. Email at oparah.uche@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Roforofo(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
Uchek:

Hi Roforofo

Thank God you did not fall prey. I looking for partner investor to join me in a profitable start-up to be located in Lagos. I am currently in USA. We have a detailed project proposal about the project for your perusal if you are interested. Email at oparah.uche@yahoo.com

Thanks but I will have to decline your offer. I go to Nigeria every three years and I run all my business interests in Europe and America. I am not able to supervise a business back home in Nigeria at present as I live abroad. The funds GTB are to help pay for school fees for my relatives and provide scholarships for primary and secondary school students from poor families in my hometown.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by whatalife: 3:30am On Jun 11, 2010
@Roforofo ,
Please may i ask you what rate you are currently getting from Gt bank for 15m fixed deposit .
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by saridonp2: 11:43am On Jun 11, 2010
@Roforofo, I remember when u were thinking of fixing 10M in GTB sometime last year, Sorry but I am curious to know, What kind of job are u doing in Europe?, Paying for relatives and people from ur home town is a very generous thing and I am thinking to start doing thesame,
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Roforofo(m): 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
Saridon_P. Abeg no vex for the late reply, I have not logged in for a while. My interest rate is 1.75%. Getting just over 270,000 per annum right now which is very low. I hope it improves soon but I have been very impressed with GTB so I am sure their fixed rates will improve as our economy gets out of recession. I work for an investment bank in London.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by saridonp2: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
Ok.I wish u the best in your endeavours, Europe agbe wa o!Amin,
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Ife007(m): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Rofo
What Advice can u give 2 those living outside NG using online banking 2 send money weekly 2 his relatives?
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Ife007(m): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Rofo
Lets say Savings A/c (Online Banking in both GTB & Zenith) without any debit or credit cards attached to it.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Roforofo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
Ife007:

@Rofo
Lets say Savings A/c (Online Banking in both GTB & Zenith) without any debit or credit cards attached to it.

Hi Ife007. Your plan is the safest and it is what I have now done. Open an account with GTB, operate it online and tell GTB you do not want any bank cards (credit or debit). Tell you family members to also open GTB accounts so you can instantly transfer money to them from abroad. Make your transfers online from your GTB account to your family members. When in Nigeria withdraw any cash you need personally over the counter. Job done. Nothing for the stupid magas we dey try defraud us. Best wishes. Roforofo.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by kod2: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
please i need investor for my catfish farm business. i have 12 ponds at ogun state.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by Roforofo(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2010
kod2:

please i need investor for my catfish farm business. i have 12 ponds at ogun state.

My guy. Sorry I no fit help as all my funds dey tied up for fixed deposit. As my hero  Abami Eda, Baba 70, Fela Anikulapo talk " I just dey look and laugh"!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX_Sk53HUXo. Good luck with your business but as Fela advised me many years ago I dey invest my money in education for students from poor families in my village.
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by kod2: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
thanks and i wish you the same
Re: Nigerians Abroad With Naija Current Accounts. Shine Your Eye! by fatjazz: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Roforofo: Some maga tried to use my debit card in Nigeria but entered the incorrect PIN. GTB staff called me immediately in the UK to alert me. I have asked them to cancel my card although na just 500 Naira  I dey keep to run the account. I have a fixed deposit of 15 million with GTB so their staff say it might have been an inside job. My advice to those with large sums in Naija current accounts if you live abroad either move it to a fixed which cannot be accessed by debit card or if possible ask your Naija bank to block your card. You fit unblock am whenever you visit home. Make we show these magas say dem be mumus! grin

You talk too much mister .
Must we all know you have 15 million with GTB?
Now you are ranting someone tried to withdraw fraudulently from your account.
People invest billions everyday .
So why your noise ?
I would advise you talk less and pass across your information without a show-off .
People you aint watching are watching you !

(1) (Reply)

Partners And Distributors Of Mobile Phones Wanted In Lagos Nigeria.New! / Does Paypal Allow Nigerians Now???? / Advice For Unemployed Graduates Seeking Loans And Grants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.