Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her (660 Views)

Perry The Tiktok Girl Speaks Out After She Was Beaten By Cultists In Edo (Video) / Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Milk, Beverages In Delta Speaks Out (Video) / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by ChangeIsCostant: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
The female lawmaker who caused the imprisonment of a 25-year-olad man who was obsessed with her and professed his "undying love" for her while stalking her, has been forced to speak out after much criticisms.

The Ugandan student identified as Brian Isiko, was convicted and sentenced to 2 years in prison on his own plea of guilty to counts of cyber harassment and offensive communication after professing his “love” for Kabalore Woman Member of Parliament, Ms Sylvia Rwabwoogo.

He confessed that the calls and text messages professing obsessed love to the MP he had never physically seen, were from him.

According to reports, the female politician who is single cried as she told court that she started receiving calls admitting love from a stranger.

She took to her social media page earlier today to share her side of the story. Read below;

Dear Friends, Colleagues and Supporters,

Before you go on judging me and scolding me, I want to let you know that there's more than meets the eye in all this saga that has turned out to be a national issue. What most of you regard as mere love messages should know that this was not just love messages. This boy was being used by some selfish individuals in a mission to lure me with love and kill me.

I endured fear and suffering due to those who sent Brian to trap and kill me. Nebanda was killed in such a way. I didn't have to wait to be killed, as a precautionary measure I had to seek the solace of authorities to protect myself, my family and constituents from horror.

If it was for love, I have had many even those younger than Brian and much older, but this was none like other with intentions to harm me.

Let's see how the authorities handle the situation. I call upon fellow Ugandans to be vigilant at all times, we cannot go on dying like animals. Vigilance is key.For God and my Country!

Ms Kamasanyu handed Isiko two years in prison on the count of cyber harassment and nine months for offensive communication, which sentences will run concurrently.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/slyvia-rwabwogo-speaks-out-brian-wanted-to-kill-me.html

Re: Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by ChangeIsCostant: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by gunuvi(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by Kylekent59: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
Her perception was right. She is a lawmaker and she acted wisely.

One of the major way to lure a lady is through love but she overpowered this one.

If found guilty the guy should be prosecuted but if innocent, let him be exonerated.

Lessons to the ladies, don't fall for love easily because it could be a trap.
Re: Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by Homeboiy: 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ako n'uche better pass your mama
Re: Female Lawmaker Speaks Out After Man Was Jailed For Professing Love For Her by GraGra247(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
If there's no proof his intent was to lure and kill her and this was just foolish youthful infatuation 6 months is enough.

If there's proof he tried to lure and kill her, 2 years isn't enough.

(1) (Reply)

Racism: Nigerian Chased Out Of A German Bar (pics, Video) / RACISM: Nigerian Man Told To Leave Bar In Berlin Germany Because He Is A Black / Married Bisexual Landlord Defiles Tenant’s 5 Sons In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.