Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,653 members, 7,958,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. (1813 Views)

Which Is Better, Infinix Hot 5 Or Homtom HT50??? / Homtom Ht50 / If You Have A Homtom HT50 Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by sheggsliveth: 10:16am On Jul 09, 2018
How can I make call or send messages when 4G data if switched on HOMTOM HT50..Since I bought this phone from jumia never make calls or send messages on 4G network its keeps disconnecting.. I really need help on how to fix that.
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by samodan(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2018
That's how it has to be.
You can't make calls or send SMS over 4G LTE

Change to something like 4G, 3G and 2G

With 4G preferred

4 Likes

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by sheggsliveth: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
samodan:
That's how it has to be.
You can't make calls or send SMS over 4G LTE

Change to something like 4G, 3G and 2G

With 4G preferred

But my brother Samsung works pretty well with 4G....That's 4G is useless then can't even receive calls or message only to browse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by talut(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Like the guy who replied you first said, that's how it has to be... In Nigeria anyways. Basically, if your network service provider does not have t not voLTE then you won't be able to.. Ntel is the only network that I know which supports this... Maybe smile and co too
sheggsliveth:

But my brother Samsung works pretty well with 4G....That's 4G is useless then can't even receive calls or message only to browse

4 Likes

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by martinkem(m): 4:39am On Jul 10, 2018
i have got the same issue too..Just set it to 3G/4G(LTE). It would stay on LTE if youre trying to browse and switch back to 3G to make, receive or send calls and text

4 Likes

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:06am On Jul 10, 2018
My Camon X Pro works perfect even on 4G

1 Like

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by sheggsliveth: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2018
martinkem:
i have got the same issue too..Just set it to 3G/4G(LTE). It would stay on LTE if youre trying to browse and switch back to 3G to make, receive or send calls and text

Will try that...Thanks

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2018
Abiodunspectre:
My Camon X Pro works perfect even on 4G

That's because ur phone is set to auto. Put it to 4g only and then tell us if u can make or receive phone calls. The only network that support voice over LTE (VoLTE) is Ntel and that is because they don't have gsm band, it's a 4g only network so they had to use VoLTE for calls.
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Ur brother's phone is set to auto and not 4g only. So when a call comes in it swicthes to gsm and after the call it switches back to LTE.
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by sheggsliveth: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Ur brother's phone is set to auto and not 4g only. So when a call comes in it swicthes to gsm and after the call it switches back to LTE.

Its always on 4G network just confirmed...I check his data balance it works and calling never switched to 3G before its brings the balance
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by dustmalik(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Its always on 4G network just confirmed...I check his data balance it works and calling never switched to 3G before its brings the balance
Which network?
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by sheggsliveth: 5:34am On Jul 12, 2018
dustmalik:
Which network?

Glo and pretty sure all the networks works..... He's using Samsung Avant
Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by dustmalik(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Glo and pretty sure all the networks works..... He's using Samsung Avant

In Nigeria, only ntel supports native VoLTE, so you are wrong.

When you initiate or receive a call on MTN, Glo, Etisalat or Airtel, the network mode automatically switches to 3G or 2G, as the case may be, and immediately switches back to 4G when the call ends, so you may not notice it happening.

1 Like

Re: 4G Network Won't Allow Me To Make Call Or Send Messages.. On My HOMTOM HT50. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2018
dustmalik:

In Nigeria, only ntel supports native VoLTE, so you are wrong.

When you initiate or receive a call on MTN, Glo, Etisalat or Airtel, the network mode automatically switches to 3G or 2G, as the case may be, and immediately switches back to 4G when the call ends, so you may not notice it happening.

Exactly. If someone uses only 4g mode on glo, MTN, etc calls and sms won't go through unless the network mode is set to auto.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of #45,000 / Gbwhatsapp Ain't Down And Discontinued!!! / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 3/32gb For Sale. 45k With Back Slightly Cracked Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.