Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano (661 Views)

Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Azman Air Makes Emergency Landing After Passenger Started A Fire In Toilet / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano by zik4ever: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
A passenger, Ibrahim Garba, said the airplane, which left Murtala Mohammad International Airport, Lagos at exactly 11.30pm, attempted to land at MAKIA at 12.55am but could not touch ground due to turbulent wind.
“The pilot attempted landing twice but failed. He was later directed to go to Katsina or Abuja and land there. Again, we went to Katsina State and the pilot could not make it there. We finally went to Abuja and landed safely.
“It was a terrible experience. The pilot wept seriously after we landed in Abuja. I am sure he was also shocked by the development,” he added.
Another passenger, Alhaji Habib Muhammad, said “The captain made an announcement that he was having difficulty to land due to heavy wind and promised to manage the situation.
“We spent more than 20 minutes waiting for next directive and later the pilot was directed to go to Abuja where we landed around 2am. We thank God.”
When contacted on phone, the Assistant General Manager of Azman Air, Engineer Nuruddeen Aliyu, confirmed the incident and said it was caused by heavy windstorm.
He said, “I was in the aircraft when the incident happened because I came back from South Africa and joined the aircraft that was involved in the incident in Lagos. I was not worried at all because I am familiar with such situation.”
He, however, said contrary to speculations, the aircraft went to Katsina airport because it was not among the alternative airports for MAKIA.
“It was not technical issue as many people think. It was purely a natural issue and when we went to Abuja, the pilot landed safely and when the situation stabilised, he return to MAKIA and landed safely around 5am,” he added.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/panic-as-azman-aircraft-fails-to-land-in-kano-259995.html
Re: Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano by bedspread: 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

IT
IS
WELL
Re: Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano by Nbote(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2018
Naija my naija... Dis country jus kips doling out jokes daily... How can an aircraft take off and on getting to it's destination b asked to go back to where its coming from? What exactly is d work of d Air Traffic Control System or we dont have one Dis is how dey toy with d lives of ppl daily..
Re: Panic As Azman Aircraft Fails To Land In Kano by newbie2018: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2018
I am not done getting over take-off fever not to talk of being stranded in the air...

...i will Prolly shit my pants

(1) (Reply)

Interview Date Clashes With Sallah Holiday / Travel While You're Young / 5 Places You Shouldn’t Travel To this 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.