Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris (6296 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by maddock(m): 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
THE FIRST STUDIO COMMUNION SERVICE FROM LAGOS, NIGERIA.

The President of Believers Loveworld Incorporated, a.k.a. Christ Embassy, Reverend Chris Oyakhilome comes on screen with his co-hosts for the night: Pastor Ambrose Isesele and Pastor Tom Obiaze.

Reaching the whole world from a live studio in Lagos Nigeria and transmitting to all Christ Embassy churches, in what has quickly become a monthly ritual in the ministry, Pastor Chris conducts the June 2010 Communion service in unique style.

Although it’s not the first studio transmitted communion service – the first being that of May, transmitted from South Africa – this is the first studio communion service transmitted from Lagos, Nigeria.

Pastor begins by welcoming the viewers from around the world to the service and also introducing his co-hosts for the night.
Pastor speaks: “Last month I shared with you three important things which are:
1. Plan,
2. Timing and
3. Purpose.”
“I hope you have acted on these three things. This is month of June, the sixth month in the year of The Greater Light. How have you fared? How has it been for you? Now understand this that we are special to God, and your life must be a life of purpose.”

Pastor says he would share a few thoughts with us tonight and begins by warning and instructing us to guard against the attitude of mismanagement, for example, when you owe people and you don't pay them back. What does God think about such things?

Pastor Tom responds: “It marks unfaithfulness”.

Pastor Ambrose says as far as is possible that we should borrow, because the borrower is subject to the lender – according to scripture.

Reverend Chris says: “God doesn't like you to borrow something and not pay”. He then reads from Psalm 37:21, “The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth”.
This is a very touching portion of scriptures, and according to Pastor Chris, God is not referring to the heathen when He says the wicked, but the one who's not walking in God's ways.
So if you are not the wicked you ought to walk in God’s ways by paying back, whenever you borrow from people. He says our excuse of not been able to pay back is not acceptable, because when you are unable it expresses a lack of integrity instead – it is the integrity to pay back that’s missing and not the ability, because when you decide to pay back, then the faith to do so would be made available.
So pastor says; “when you give your word to pay and it doesn't work out, it's because you actually lack the integrity”.

Pastor’s second instruction is regarding the way we treat people who we think don't like us. He says: “how do you treat people you perceive not to like you, or that you think are against you?” He asks the question and then lets us know that such people could either be our superiors or people who are seemingly subject us; but then the question is how do we treat them if we perceive them to be against us or opposing us? He says for someone to be outspoken doesn't necessarily mean he or she is proud, because someone could be outspoken but not necessarily proud.

Pastor Tom attempts to answer the question, by instructing that we should never declare anyone our enemy. He says, “Don’t make enemies”.

Pastor Ambrose adds: “don't say; I don't like this person or I don’t like that person”.

Pastor Chris goes on to read from Proverbs 24:17, “Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth”. He lets us know that God doesn't want us to rejoice over the fall of our enemies.

Pastor Ambrose says we can accommodate people who do us wrong, and that we should consider that not everyone is at the same level of maturity in Christ.

Pastor Ambrose reads Ephesians 6:4-5. “4And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
5Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;”
He says don’t provoke another person, especially those subject to you to anger; and that we should be obedient to those who have authority over us.

Now Pastor Chris says “Another thing is when people talk harshly towards others; whether it is a husband to wife, a father to a son or daughter, a brother to a sister, etc.”
He says when people speak harshly towards us, how should we respond?

Pastor Tom says a soft answer pacifies anger.

Pastor Ambrose re-echoes Ephesians 6:5, and says “don't provoke people to anger by your communication”.
Pastor Chris reading from Proverbs 15:1, which says “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger”; he poses a question asking that “Do you speak grievous words, do you stir up anger?”
He says “Don't promote anger; avoid it with all your heart”. He also reads from Proverbs 25:15, which says “By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone”. Do you have a soft tongue? It works mightily! It breaks down any strong or adamant stand against you.

Pastor Chris continues by sharing another thought with us, which is, why was God angry with David for numbering Israel?

So he reads from 1Chronicles 21: 1-8.
“1And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
2And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
3And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?
4Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.
5And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.
6But Levi and Benjamin counted he not among them: for the king's word was abominable to Joab.
7And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
8And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.”

He also reads from the account in 2 Samuel 24: 1-10.
“ 1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
2For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.
3And Joab said unto the king, Now the LORD thy God add unto the people, how many soever they be, an hundredfold, and that the eyes of my lord the king may see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing?
4Notwithstanding the king's word prevailed against Joab, and against the captains of the host. And Joab and the captains of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel.
5And they passed over Jordan, and pitched in Aroer, on the right side of the city that lieth in the midst of the river of Gad, and toward Jazer:
6Then they came to Gilead, and to the land of Tahtimhodshi; and they came to Danjaan, and about to Zidon,
7And came to the strong hold of Tyre, and to all the cities of the Hivites, and of the Canaanites: and they went out to the south of Judah, even to Beersheba.
8So when they had gone through all the land, they came to Jerusalem at the end of nine months and twenty days.”
9And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.
10And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
Pastor Chris

Emphasizes in verse 7 of 1Chronicles 21 that the Bible says God was displeased; but that the question is why? David even acknowledges that he did foolishly, so what was the trouble?

Pastor Chris

tells us that we might speculate as much as we would want on David's motive and the reason for God’s anger, but Moses gives us the answer in Exodus 30: 11-16.
11And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
12When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the LORD, when thou numberest them; that there be no plague among them, when thou numberest them.
13This they shall give, every one that passeth among them that are numbered, half a shekel after the shekel of the sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahssmiley an half shekel shall be the offering of the LORD.
14Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD.
15The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.
16And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

What ransom is this? A ransom for their lives, because when you number God’s people, in the Old Testament and according to the Law of Moses, then you have condemned them to death. There would be a plague! So they must be ransomed, and the ransom for each soul before God is the same.

David had a good motive, but he acted the wrong way. Just like when he wanted to bring the ark to Israel; it wasn't according to the modus operandi. You might want to do something that is right for God, but not in the manner He prescribes and that’s important.

Pastor Ambrose says, it's not enough to be sincere in your heart, but you ought to act according to the prescribed order.

Pastor Chris tells us that the knowledge of God's word is important.

THREE THINGS TO PRAY ABOUT
Afterward, Pastor then goes on to inform of us of three things he’d want us to pray about.
1. Intercede and Pray against the spirit of death.
2. Pray that our gospel would proceed into all nations by free course without being hindered.
3. Pray concerning our passion for the gospel and its expansion. We'd pray for our passion for the things of God and for the preaching of the gospel, to increase in us.

“This month of June is a special month of prayer; we'd pray more than we have prayed before. To do this, we'd also get on twitter and Facebook on a daily basis to pray. We would work the word and network the world with prayer.

Thus, Pastor leads the congregations in prayers and afterwards speaks words of faith and power: “We have overcome death in the name of Jesus; we are not subject to it.
Lord, your children are not subject to the forces of death we come against death by accident, by sickness, because your angels are ministering on their behalf. They are preserved from the destruction of the wicked, because they have been taught to avoid the ways of the wicked. They are awakened unto the gospel. No weapon fashioned against them shall prosper and nothing shall by any means hurt them, thank you Lord, thank you, thank you. Thank him now. Amen.”

OUR LIVES IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
After the prayers, Pastor begins to talk about the Holy Spirit. He reads from

1CORINTHIANS12:7 (Amplified version).
But to each one is given the manifestation of the [Holy] Spirit [the evidence, the spiritual illumination of the Spirit] for good and profit.

Evert Christian has been given the advantage of the Holy spirit, each one of us has the advantage; but than, it is until we recognize the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our LIVES, there would be lots of things we’d miss out from. There would be struggles.
His ministry in our LIVES is to give us the advantage, and to make us always become progressive.

1corinthians14:4 (Amplified version).
He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself, but he who prophesies [[a]interpreting the divine will and purpose and teaching with inspiration] edifies and improves the church and promotes growth [in Christian wisdom, piety, holiness, and happiness].

When you speak in tongues, you are edifying yourself, but when you prophesy you are edifying the church. The amplified version says you improve your life, does that mean that you have the ability to improve yourself? Of course yes.
This is what you should do.

Jude 20 (Amplified version).
But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [[a]make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit;

On your own, you can rise in your life like an edifice. In this month of June, as we take advantage of these special times of prayer, we'd certainly be improved, we'd make progress, and we'd rise like an edifice.

Isaiah 45:1-3.
1Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
2I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
3And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Say to yourself: “I'm his anointed!”

Pastor Chris declares: “The Holy Spirit has come into your lives to subdue nations before you. GOD IS SAYING THAT IN THIS MONTH OF JUNE, HE WOULD SUBDUE NATIONS BEFORE YOU.”
He says; “Because of the Holy Spirit in your life, you will speak in tongues like never before, and doors shall open before you. You will break in pieces the gates of brass, meaning that situations that have seemingly been impossible, you would break in pieces! He will give you the treasures of darkness, together with hidden riches, that means wealth never seen or known before!
Look what the lord is going to do for you in the month OF JUNE!
You are absolutely unbeatable!
As you all pray in the Holy Spirit during the different times of prayer, there’d be a fire that will make you absolutely unbeatable! Go ahead and pray now.”

THE COMMUNION
After breaking and sharing the bread, Pastor Chris says, say this with me: “I'm perfected in Christ Jesus, the Holy Ghost perambulates my body.”

At the time of taking the cup, pastor declares: “as we drink it today, we commemorate the new testament that was sealed in His blood.”'

“Thank you lord for your presence, we're surrounded by angels.”

Pastor concludes by saying: “And for the projects you have this month, the Holy Spirit would put His crowning glory on it and make it something beautiful for you. As you pray in other tongues, you would find yourself winning and dominating, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Thank you, and may God bless you.”
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by maddock(m): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
I do sincerely hope that someone is patient enough to read through and get really blessed, i really cant help but post it here so as to share this wonderful service.
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
If you loan money and on the way to repay, are robbed at gunpoint and so it didn't work out and you are unable to pay, it is because you lack integrity, right?

I'm sorry bro, but I know God's Spirit has more depth of understanding than this
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by Gunnaz007: 12:30am On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ this your "my Holy Spirit is better than yours" attitude will lead u to no where and it smacks of shear selfishness!!!

Since you know the bible that much and claim to be led of the Spirit, why not start a house fellowship/church and sheperd others with the Word that u profess to know. The last time I commented on your post, I requested that you name the church you attend, but u shied away from doing just that undecided

Since u said u know "God's Spirit has more depth of understanding than this", so can u please tell us which Spirit gave the utterance for this message?

Stop being selfish my friend; if the message means nothing to u, take a long walk away from it!! But be certain that it definitely means a lot to others; Therefore, your position with respect to the message doesnt in anyway nullify the validity of the message!!!

1 Like

Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2010
I never said "my Holy Spirit is better than yours". Its you guys that have the concept of "revelation knowledge" thats greater than what the Apostles of christ had, not me! For me, there is one Holy Spirit and NO idiotic revelation knowledge that contradicts Scripture.

Where your gaffe is proceeds from your repeated question of what church I attend - you are comparing knowledge and doctrine in Christ. I am a member of Christ's Body. Hand or toe, heart or gall bladder, finger or anal membrane, all have their function and it is idiotic to say one church is better when all HAVE the same Head.

But that does not mean I will see obvious error and applaud it so I "feel among" and want to "honor" a man. The statement I complained of is wrong, whether it came from your pastor OR from me OR from an angel!.

You ask what Spirit gave this utterance and that is sad - do you believe EVERYTHING a man says comes from the Holy Spirit. What of his own spirit? Is he dead? Thats is aside of the concept that Satan spoke through Peter to Christ - is your pastor greater than "Cephas"?
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by maddock(m): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2010
@ nuclearboy
Please can you kindly allow me have some peace with my post. If you disagree with what i posted above, simply do one of these two like the other poster said "take a long walk away from it" or open another topic to air what you believe,ok.
I dont mean it as an offence and do hope you dont take it as one.
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
maddock:

@ nuclearboy
Please can you kindly allow me have some peace with my post. If you disagree with what i posted above, simply do one of these two like the other poster said "take a long walk away from it" or open another topic to air what you believe,ok.
I dont mean it as an offence and do hope you dont take it as one.

certainly he will have nothing to say. Because critics only attack and have noffin to contribute .
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Maddock:

I apologize sincerely. My comment was based on the idea that truth is never afraid of being exposed since it is above board.

@Joagbaje:

how now? BTW, what I wrote above is a contribution. It just does not conform to your idolatry is why it offends you. God, not man, dude, is to be defended! Anyways, allow me leave by NOT referring to me in this thread again seeing as I'm still on NL and can read.

Enjoy your days
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Joagbaje:

certainly he will have nothing to say. Because critics only attack and have noffin to contribute .

But you have alot to say. alot being rewashed and rewind all the time.
Just like your co Pastors, they say nothing new, same stuff all over again
and all you guys do is Hero worship.
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by Folusade(f): 1:14am On Jun 13, 2010
Dear brothers and sisters,

We all must learn one thing- we Christians have a message, our message is unique. It cannot be fathomed by an unrecreated mind.

You must also agree, that before you got born again or before you grew in your knowledge of Christ, there were somethings you didnt understand or agree with. However, as you grew, you understood them and even laugh at your ignorance in the past.

When you put up a post and people respond negatively, you must be careful when responding.
If they are ignorant, we can teach them without insulting them back.

Please!!!
Cheers poster and keep up the good work!
Re: Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris by lysaa(f): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2011
Pls does anyone know a link where i can watch the communion service live? I've been searching for hours now as i couldn't make it down to church. sad

(1) (Reply)

I Was Almost A Victim Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo - Franca. / Who Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.