Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,986 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! (64542 Views)

Euro 2020: England Reach Their First Major Final Since 1966, To Play Italy / Optimism For Nigerian Football Fans In 2018 After A Mixed 2017 Footballing Year / Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2018
Same thing Liverpool fans said about the champions league finals until bales two goals sent dem home troohyless cheesy cheesy
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by abescom: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2018
phr0nesis:

Hope you know they lost that match intentionally. Although I'm not rooting for them to win
They haven't met any good team bar Belgium. They were the worst team to get out of their group. They were average and very lucky against Tunisia. Croatia will beat them mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by guji12(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
JixNation:
England will win nothing.

shitty team.
Na Wetin my guy talk since Belgium beat Dem for group stage o.. now dey are still in it

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by bidak(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
Same way they said Liverpool will win the champions league based on some history(coincidence) and guess what they lost.. Same way the English team will lost to Croatia. Overrated bunch of players cry

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by thesicilian: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
phr0nesis:

Hope you know they lost that match intentionally. Although I'm not rooting for them to win
This time around they have no choice. It is all or nothing.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
LZAA:

The way croatia will smash england some ppl wee be begging for mercy
England lost to a belgium B team and to show u how much belgium rate januzaj he was back on the bench immediately
Modric and rakitic will tear england apart

England used a B team too. Use your brain.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2018
Unfortunately for the optimists here,I don't believe in omen or thunder striking at the same place twice.
Based on team strenght and intelligence it will Croatia vs Belgium/France in the Finals.

Engand have reached their bus stop if you were to honestly ask me.

4 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by justli: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
GoldenCircle:
Don't know why many people hate England this much its everywhere on social media people hoping for them to fail only other country that's hated more is brazil

England could pass for world's worst hypocritical nation. Last last they will cry a river.

And for your information, people don't hate brazil. Only, Neymars overbearing attitude puts people off . Plus they've won it 5 times already.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by homebase(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
OP forget history o.

This world cup is for the under dog.

So Crotia win this. Take it to any bank.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by bluecircle470: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
thesicilian:
I can bet my next 6months salary that England will not smell that cup. They haven't met any real opposition so far apart from Belgium in the group stage, a match they lost.

You will go hungry for six months dear.....
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by somehow: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
Go and put your money, Croatia will win the worldcup.
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by LZAA: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
schoolboij:

England used a B team too. Use your brain.
Lols
England were beat by a far superior team
Their so called A team would have suffered the same fate
Colombia underestimated england and payed for it
The sweden they faced wasnt the sweden of henke larsson and helveg
Croatia will boss england like no tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Heffalump(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
I reject this prediction!

England are going home without the world cup. 1966 is not 2018, and 52 yrs in between them.

Grand finale in 2018 is Belgium vs Croatia and Belgium w'll carry the day, my oracle says this.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Bakrabas: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2018
GoldenCircle:
Don't know why many people hate England this much its everywhere on social media people hoping for them to fail only other country that's hated more is brazil

Why would you support your formal colonial masters, after what our forebears suffered from them. I still don't know why I hate seeing England in the tournament.

France still have provisions for their formal colonies and all francophone, but England yeye master
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Bakrabas: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
I don't care whosoever wins the cup, in fact if Biafra or Amazonia wins or Chad ko kan aye... But England no way. For England to win it I'll rather love to see the country that didn't participate at all in the world Cup to lift the cup

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by omojeesu(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
I hinted it to my son though I wasn't aware of these statistics.

My premise (but may be wrong): It's all about 666. Just as 1966 was a 666 year so is 2018. Total number of goals was 6 (4+2). Will it be so in 2018?

I am convinced there's is indeed a god of soccer, subsidiary of the god of entertainment and pleasure. The god of soccer determines who wins what. Didn't the English start football?

It's their time to be honoured by the god of soccer again! Isn't it?

Time will tell. I am not a seer o!

footballflaver:
England last won the World Cup in 1966 but there's historical proof that the side will be crowned champions of the world once again, at this summer's tournament in Russia.

In 1966, England smashed Germany 4-2 at Wembley to win their first ever World Cup.

But it's also the year Real Madrid won the European Cup, Burnley qualified for Europe, Chelsea finished 5th and Manchester City won the league (the second division).

Any of this sound familiar?

Yep. Last season, all this happened as well.

Well, all of this apart from the World Cup winners, which is yet to be decided...

Here's a thought...

1966:
Real Madrid win the European Cup
Burnley qualify for Europe
Man City win their league
Chelsea finish 5th
England win #WorldCup

2018:
Chelsea finish 5th

Omens...

Put it in your diary - July 15th - it's going to be the day when captain Harry Kane will be lifting the trophy above his head.

What more proof do you need?

www.footballflaver..com/2018/07/fifa-world-cup-what-happened-in-1966-is.html?m=1

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Some of you guys shouting England has not face a strong opposition are spewing thrash....wer is Germany Argentina Spain with all their stars...Russia or Denmark could have beaten Croatia who are just a decent side all england shd do is work on Sterling to take his chances....all the four teams can win d tournament.....

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by john650(m): 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lord, please don't allow this to happen. The English will be talking about it for the next 50 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by thesicilian: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
bluecircle470:

You will go hungry for six months dear.....
Want to bet with me?
6 months of my full salary against half a month of yours.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by miniyi018(f): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
They have been the luckiest so far. The only time they played a strong and sound team was when they played Belgium. If they had played Japan.....they would have left the tournament by now. I don't want them to win the World Cup, I don't want kane to win the golden boot as well. 6 goals with 4 scored from penalties.......... .That's ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by phr0nesis(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
abescom:
They haven't met any good team bar Belgium. They were the worst team to get out of their group. They were average and very lucky against Tunisia. Croatia will beat them mark my words.
I haven't watched any of their matches, I only watched the penalty shootouts with Columbia.
Croatia on the other hand is a very composed team
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by sleek82(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
At this point, any team can win the cup. They have all paid their dues. I sure would root for Belgium winning but this is football....anything can happen!
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by encryptjay(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Croatia should help me dismantle England.
It's going to be shamfeful for England to win WC when they haven't really shown that zeal.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by madridguy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
I will be more than happy.
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by drnatha(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2018
guywitzerogal:
Daydreaming... Let dem pass Croatia first dem we will talk of history
l
let them play football and forget history, history is meant to be broken na so them talk say Naija go win world cup in 2014

1 Like

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by quickly: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
footballflaver:
England last won the World Cup in 1966 but there's historical proof that the side will be crowned champions of the world once again, at this summer's tournament in Russia.

In 1966, England smashed Germany 4-2 at Wembley to win their first ever World Cup.

But it's also the year Real Madrid won the European Cup, Burnley qualified for Europe, Chelsea finished 5th and Manchester City won the league (the second division).

Any of this sound familiar?

Yep. Last season, all this happened as well.

Well, all of this apart from the World Cup winners, which is yet to be decided...

Here's a thought...

1966:
Chelsea finish 5th
England win #WorldCup

2018:
Chelsea finish 5th

Omens...

Put it in your diary - July 15th - it's going to be the day when captain Harry Kane will be lifting the trophy above his head.

What more proof do you need?

www.footballflaver..com/2018/07/fifa-world-cup-what-happened-in-1966-is.html?m=1

STORY!!!! FRance or Belgium to win
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Bamz(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
kpaofame:
Rooting for France or Belgium for the Trophy

Torn between who to support tomorrow

Team Hazard

Or Team Kante

Some Chelsea Fans can relate

Like for Hazard (Belgium) Share for Kante (France)

We wee kuku like and share cheesy
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Boschh(m): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
This is how inferior teams win medals.. They meet little oppositions on their way up and when they finally meet the big shots, They scale through either by Miracle or sheer brilliance..

We should not write England off yet. They've been persistent so far..

I'm supporting Ngolo Kante's Team though.. My love for his efficiency knows no bounds..
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by icon007(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nope, you are wrong! Compare what happened in world cup to what would likely happen in wc. They played Germany then, hosted it but now on a foreign ground(a foreign ground she has diplomatic issue with). Let's see how politics play in football!
Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
How's england going to win the world cup with belgium there...and u havent mentioned France and Croatia. How's england going to withstand the likes of Hazard,lukaku and felani harrasing their 18 box? Abeg lets put sentiments aside. What happened in 1966 is not going to happen in 2018. Its either France or Belgium thats going to win the worldcup. God cant save the queen this time.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! by Empiree: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
Zonacom:
I'd hate that. I just wish England were eliminated already. Don't know why though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria / AFCON: Funny Picture Of An Osun Ejigbo Man Residing In Ivory Coast / Nigeria Vs Netherlands: FIFA U17 World Cup (1 - 3) On 6th November 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.