Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (28862 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by bedfordng(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
hmmm
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
"I want to be more ! I'm created for something great !!!!"
You should want more out of this life because the creator promise you abundant life.
Yes !! You are destined for success..
Yes!!! You are born to be great
You are right you were created to make a difference in this world.
But a lot of people never realized this, a lot of people understand this but don't know how to go about it..
They have a great conviction in their hearts that they deserve better than this, they deserve a better job, relationship, etc..
The purpose of this group is to help you attain the peak of your life..
If you deserve more out of life.. join our whatsapp group... with this link..
Trust me this group will change your life..
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Zurizuri: 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hi dear.

First it's a great thing that you already have savings. Sorry about your job. Now, you don't necessarily need to buy an expensive laptop. You just need one that would serve you well. A second hand laptop may do.

Next, your skill set is awesome. But how good are you in them? On a scale of 1-10 how can you rate your proficiency in these skills. I'll advise that you use part of your money to fully delve into one of these skills proper. Register on sites like Coursera and udemy, they have courses ranging from 3,500naira.

This is necessary so you'll be well equipped to turn these skills into a full time job.
After these, you can sign up on free Lance platforms. Fiverr is good too, you can also check out Upwork, Efiko and Asuqu.

As for the gaming blog, that's cool too. But take time to study the rudiments of starting a blog before you pump money into it.

I hope this helps.
Troubledmind:
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

Lalasticlala please help a brother
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Mac2016:

Sheer luck my brother! I expected &O(2.5) in that game...see where we are!
This holds right?
Re: I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next by achmed1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
Troubledmind:
The job paid me well, and i was able to save a substantial sum of money in five months before being fired last week by my boss, i was double crossed by a co worker and my boss replaced me with him, he got what he wanted but thats not my problem, i already got what i wanted. My problem now is what to do with the money i was able to save.

I have skills i am eager to put to good use but i don't know if it'll bring results, I'm good with website creation, graphics, writting and a bit of programming, so i was thinking of getting myself a costly laptop capable of handling everything and hone my skills/passion, delve into fiverr and freelancing, then start a gaming blog, the first of its kind because I'm a game addict. Is there a way can succeed with this plans?

Lalasticlala please help a brother

I did say you improve your coding skills.... get a mentor in software development..and start providing freelance software coding service online on websites like codementor . You could be making upwards of 1 million a month.

Thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mortuary Workers Seize Corpse At A Cemetery In Ghana Over Balance Payment / Wema Bank Salary: How Much Does Wema Bank Pays Their Staff? / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.