Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay (34982 Views)

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? / High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
From tushd.
Hello guys. I need you candid advise, I work with an international NGO and earn about 1k dollars monthly and my other hustle about 250k monthly so I earn roughly 1.2m monthly, I'm married with a kid and I applied for a visa over a year ago before I got married.. what's your candid advise? Travel or stay. Thank you. Matured reply please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by coolcharm(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
Who no go, no go know.

Japa and compare and contrast cheesy

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by JASONjnr(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2023
Except you don't know the meaning of visa.... Asking if you should stay or fly is irrelevant at this moment.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Reinamaria(f): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
A person that really wants to japa will not need people's advice to do so. 🙄

334 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by fyzaila: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
Japa to go and do what there exactly? It's not as if there is war here.
You have a good job already, why not hold your peace and build your abroad here.

316 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by talented321: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
Japa'' japa'' japa'' are their no rich niggas in nigeria.
If u are not a too greedy person even 500k salary is manageable in nigeria talkless of 1.4m'' no wahala go and jakpa it is ur choice.

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Akinksquare: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2023
The ball is in your court. It's either you stay in Nigeria where the tax isn't much or you japa and pay much tax. But I will advise you to japa for the sake of your unborn generation. Give them the best education over there.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by damosky12(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
fyzaila:
Japa to go and do what there exactly? It's not as if there is war here.
You have a good job already, why not hold your peace and build your abroad here.

There are some counsels you don't have to give an adult. Body go tell am.

This japa frenzy is gradually becoming dumb! Really really dumb!

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by jesmond3945: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
what other hustle are you into?
Meerahbel:
From tushd.
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Plight21(f): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hmm!

Pls help me!!...
It's not been easy, here.

Honestly, I don't think you should think about japa now. You're doing well for yourself. Just keep on building your wealth.

The question you should ask yourself is why did you want to Japa?
Why?

2 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Shokoloko(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
I would say leave Nigeria. You have a child; abroad will give the child better opportunities.
Work experience in an NGO in any capacity is very much sought after (at least I am sure of Canada).
Out of your salary have you saved enough just in case of kidnap.
As the citizenry get desperate and hungry, crime will increase, ransom amounts will go up.
Can you really afford to keep "kidnap" monies aside monthly?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by ideamonster: 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
OP, Luckily for you, this video that addresses all your concerns was on Nairaland frontpage this monday. Japa. still worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

Here, fourteen people discussed all the things you have to take into consideration to make your decision to relocate including the three highly controversial pathways to residency. I suggest you listen till the very end. It's a very practical conversation, highly educative and thankfully, they aren't selling you anything. Pay particular attention to what the geologist says he had to do when he relocated. You can thank me later.

All the best.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Truvelisback(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.
Think twice. A bird at hand is worth two in the bush. To avoid had i know, i would advice that u invest the money u have saved so far. If u don't any clue on what to do, build or buy houses and give them out for rentage while u still continue to earn ur 1.2M. Don't be too hasty to Japa. U are doing better some average Nigerians.

15 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Illegal1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
omoh........in as much as tinz hard for naija,i no fit dey earn 1.2 miter a month then tink to japa frm naija..I NO GO TRY AM...

money no dey grow on trees for aside country ooh

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Illegal1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Akinksquare:
I will advise you to japa for the sake of your unborn generation. Give them the best education over there.

omoh........nah super story be dis ooh

8 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by thesicilian: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
Reinamaria:
A person that really wants to japa will not need people's advice to do so. 🙄
Don't mind them. Most of these "should I japa?" crew are just here to announce their incomes

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by PECON1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2023
Am 100percent sure the mumu op is not earning such amount, people that earns such don't seek advice from those that are not earning that much. Nairalanders are very funny and predictable,all of sudden they are now earning over a million a month and ar confused whether to travel or not.
U guys are funny, what are u guys doing to earn such amount a month, Is what we want to know.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Nonexisting: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Guy, NGO job no dey guaranteed. I'm anti japa but you have a child, a son for that matter so japa for his sake. Country no level. Even though I'm still comfortable so far, if I have a son, I will japa to give him a better future. God forbid I raise a son in this dark part of the world.

8 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by fyzaila: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
damosky12:

There are some counsels you don't have to give an adult. Body go tell am.

This japa frenzy is gradually becoming dumb! Really really dumb!

Azzin eh, those staying there aren't finding it funny at all. All struggling to make ends meet.

4 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by chynergy1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
Akinksquare:
The ball is in your court. It's either you stay in Nigeria where the tax isn't much or you japa and pay much tax. But I will advise you to japa for the sake of your unborn generation. Give them the best education over there.
many of us also studied abroad, many schools in nigeria are excellent as well.
many have lost their children to western vices.
the last motivation to go back there, for me personally, is given my children better education.

8 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by dabonny(m): 5:51am On Jul 29, 2023
Meerahbel:
From tushd.

My brother, learn to set your priority right. No one is rightly permitted to design your life for you. There is nothing bad seeking advice on a life confusing issues but the one you are having here is not an issue at all.

You claimed you are married with a kid and you applied for the visa before you got married, which means you applied as a single and this also means you are expecting a single visa in the near term, what and where is now the place of your wife and child? This and many more factors that are clearer to you are the reason why you need to extensively and considerately discuss this issue with your wife.

Either you travel or stay back to enjoy the reward of your labour here in Nigeria, none of us here will be affected either negatively or positively as your wife and child will do

7 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2023
Some people are so stupid!!!! You earn that much and want to leave all that to travel to another country to start all over again. You're a very big fool!!! For me I left Nigeria because I got a Juicy job offer abroad I couldn't resist!!! You better sit your ass in Nigeria and continue to make your money... Come to Philadelphia and see hundreds of homeless people on the street!!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by franchasofficia: 8:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Me too, I just got appointment as an SA to a Governor, and my total take home a month is around 5million, but I am scared tribunal may throw my boss out soonest and I just got a work visa to Mozambique, I don't know if I should leave this SA job and japa or not.

Nairalanders abeg help a brother with some good advice angry

9 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by WeirdAlien: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
You know many people around middle age now are in this naija situation because our parents thought they had good jobs/businesses and no need to expand their roots abroad. Except those who became politicians or embezzled govt/company funds.

If you check the trend of this country from the last 50 years you will never be comfortable in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by WeirdAlien: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Opurumiri:
Some people are so stupid!!!! You earn that much and want to leave all that to travel to another country to start all over again. You're a very big fool!!! For me I left Nigeria because I got a Juicy job offer abroad I couldn't resist!!! You better sit your ass in Nigeria and continue to make your money... Come to Philadelphia and see hundreds of homeless people on the street!!!

Come to UK and you'd never see a Nigerian suffering!

4 Likes

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 7:54am On Aug 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
Think twice. A bird at hand is worth two in the bush. To avoid had i know, i would advice that u invest the money u have saved so far. If u don't any clue on what to do, build or buy houses and give them out for rentage while u still continue to earn ur 1.2M. Don't be too hasty to Japa. U are doing better some average Nigerians.
Building a house ke
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by sorepco(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2023
Stay here n be traveling now and again to build an internationaltravel portfolio..

Meerahbel:
From tushd.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Meerahbel: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2023
sorepco:
Stay here n be traveling now and again to build an internationaltravel portfolio..

Will it generate money
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by fastseo1: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
angry
Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Offpoint1: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
All the rich men and big boys I know in Nigeria, no dey japa, except to go vacation or business trip...

Why do broke and mid-class folks like to going to slave around in the white man land?

If all those white folks japa during their nation building phase, would their countries be what it is today?

$1k is huge money in Nigeria, $1k in the white man land can't pay your monthly bills.

By the ways:
Eminem lovers, the GOAT just dropped some bars, kindly update your library with EZ Mil ft Eminem: Realest

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay by Emmacolinho(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Anyhow you like brrr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Hnd Graduates Can Now Rise Above Level 14 / 10 Types Of Occupations That Make The Most Money This Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.