Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint (37030 Views)

SACS Operative Beaten In Agege After Damaging A Boy's Leg While Chasing A Man / Policeman At A Checkpoint In Ekiti Asks Driver To "Pay" Him Via Bank Transfer / Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Bloggergirl: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2018
Paul Kpema, a young Nigerian man, has narrated his sad experience after losing his leg following an accident which happened to him at a police checkpoint in Delta state.

The young man who happens to be a gospel instrumentalist, an Itsekiri by tribe, was booked to perform in a program at Otefe Oghara of Delta state before the unfortunate incident and accident befell him while trying to sort out the police officers.

Below is his story:

“We packed our musical instruments and we were heading to Otefe that day, I was to perform in a program that day, Just before the bridge connecting Mosogar to Oghara, police officers flagged down the bus we boarded, but being that the commercial driver knew one of the police men, he made a sign to him that he will see them on his return

But as he drove on, he observed that the team of police officers were chasing us with their hilux van, so the driver packed and the police officers alighted from their van and approached us. They now requested for the documents of the bus, but the driver told them it has expired, as usual you know our Nigerian Police, they requested for N10,000 before they can let us go.

The driver said he has no money on him, so they ordered myself and the conductor down and asked one of their Colleague to enter the bus and instructed the driver to reverse the bus, that they are arresting the bus, so the driver did as he was told, he drove on and crossed the bridge, then reversed as if he was coming back to Sapele and was told to park opposite where we were standing.

Seeing that there was no headway, I volunteered to offer them N3000, because I was getting late already for the program, myself and the conductor crossed the road to meet them were they parked, while I was bringing out the money from my pocket standing at the back of our own bus a car that lost control while trying to overtake a trailer in full speed came and hit my two legs, on the spot my right leg cut off from my body, before I knew it I saw myself at Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara (DELSUTH

Culled from>>>> https://wakabobo.com/young-man-loses-leg-while-trying-to-bribe-police-officers-at-a-checkpoint/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by faithfull18(f): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2018
Oh my, this is sad.

26 Likes

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Olujoe1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Police or polish, if you hear that name pls run before they ruin you, they've killed more than they've protected. Today is my birthday show me love dudes

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by pautex: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
I will not blame you but the useless policemen. Sorry Bro. cry

5 Likes

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by DjAduba(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
Who send am? U stupidity got u there stop shifting blame...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by countsparrow: 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
Sad...

I have never seen a policeman with a normal life, too many curses have piled up in their lives, causing roadblocks... This set now, another set of curse will follow up on them, another roadblock will be set... Awon alaye baje

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by teflonjake(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
Next time use your brain wisely
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Cholls(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
My brother

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by AreaFada2: 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
Sad. Quick recovery.
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Cholls(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
DjAduba:
Who send am? U stupidity got u there stop shifting blame...

8 Likes

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Toks2008(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
What a country.
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by khallebb(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
End police...End Sars
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by pamsnod16(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
this is a sad story.. the situation has hindered the true feelings of the heart... like to show condolences, share to blame

3 Likes

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Bossontop(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
undecided
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by ernesterioo(f): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
End police . we don't need policemen again seeee
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Good

God HV punished him 4 tryn 2 bribe.
Hw can gospel singer b givin egunje.

Ogun damage ur life,fake profet
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by dante101: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
pautex:
grin grin
whats so funny about this
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by optimist25(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
So so tragic!
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Sardauna24(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Eyya sorry..
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by joenor(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
what a sad one.... I wish u quick recovery.
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by okerekeikpo: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Scrap Nigerian police and replace them with Nigerian peace corps, these bastards have done more harm than good to Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by NLbully(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
I hate this Country angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by jonath0012(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
I am crying now
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Next thing the police will run away seeing what they have caused.

Is okay my bro. God will surely avenge your enemy. Nigeria is seriously messed up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Cholls(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Scrap Nigerian police and replace them with Nigerian peace corps, these bastards have done more harm than good to Nigerians

Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by ngwababe(f): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by MrRabbi(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
Buhari why....

Let me still confirm if my PVC is intact.
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by somadinho10: 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Not nice at all but the way the story was narrated I laughed
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by scantee(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Avoidable incident...Nigeria police needs orientation like seriously.

Sorry bro, what a bad feeling.
Re: Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint by Beautyprincess(f): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
pele ooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Did Not Kill My Boss With Poisoned Apple– Housemaid (photo) / Robbers Shoot Man Dead While Trying To Snatch His Phone In Aba(photos) / Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.