Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President (13844 Views)

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash / Miyetti Allah Tells Saraki: Resign Or We’ll Force You Out / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by jadesoletee(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
A chieftain of the Accord Party (AP) and former presidential spokesperson, Dr Doyin Okupe, has advised Senate President Bukola Saraki to leverage on his increasing popularity and contest the 2019 presidential election.

Okupe stated this while analysing the All Progressives Congress (APC) crisis and the recent breakaway of the Reformed APC on Channels Television breakfast show, Sunrise Daily yesterday.

According to him, “Apart from Buhari, the next most visible and most notable politician in Nigeria today is Saraki, and he would do himself a great favour if he steps into the ring and run for president, because he has the pedigree.

“Saraki had the required exposure and experience from being a Special Assistant to the president to being a two-term governor, and now the Senate president. He has been through different stages of leadership and this makes him stand out among many other aspirants who have indicated interest to become president.”

Asked about the feasibility of Saraki clinching the APC presidential ticket against President Muhammadu Buhari, who has also indicated interest to run for a second term on the platform of the party, Okupe said: “APC would be doing themselves a favour if they do not allow the president to run, and I don’t see Saraki contesting primaries in the APC, it is impossible, the hostility against him in the APC is too much, and that is why he needs to move to another party where he can form alliance with other parties to contest.”

Analysing the chances of President Buhari winning the 2019 elections with the present crisis rocking the APC, the former presidential spokesperson said: “Buhari’s government and the APC are presently at the lowest ebb of popularity. The saying that Buhari has 12million votes in the North is delusional, the northerners are also affected by the economic problem Nigeria is facing, and a larger percentage of the goodwill and popularity Buhari enjoyed before the 2015 elections have diminished because the people are not happy.

“Take for instance, Buhari had about two million votes from the Middle belt, now 80 percent of that is gone.”

Okupe opined that any vote Buhari and the APC lose in the North cannot be recovered anywhere else.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/10/run-for-presidency-okupe-tells-saraki/

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by ademoladeji(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Some people MUST retire politically either peacefully or forcefully come 2019!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Sleyanya1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Why? Lol

Saraki, being a wise & intentional man will sit back on this one. No need rushing over a pot of food still on fire.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
At least he has aired his mind

Didn't even know he had left PDP for Accord Party. I must have missed his "O my home, O my home" video

No wonder we are among the happiest people on Earth. Never a shortage of drama...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by espn(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
everyone sha dey talk...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by tukdi: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
r
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
It's a great achievement that President Buhari has finally been able to cage the country's looters in one single box called "Coalition of United Potential Prisoners" (CUPP).

He deserves my vote to complete the good woks and finally free the country from those who perceive themselves as its OWNERS.

Sai Baba!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by 360great(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Is he the one to vote saraki?

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by ObaIgwe1: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Reminds me of the popular story of the tortoise asking the elephant to come and be made king, not knowing it was a call for it's downfall.

#A o m'erin joba...Eweku ewele cheesy

17 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
shocked

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Ptylin: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
expected! script already playing out.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by OkutaNla: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Okupe don turn adviser.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Authoreety: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
No be only run

Make him fly too

Nonsense!

They all are tired, they should retire...
These guys are stinkingly rich, so they can neva work for d good of the masses!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Standardcosting(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Okay
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by ednut1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
As what Northern candidate or afonja grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Drversatile: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
For me, he should do like David Mark

1 Like

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by veacea: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Saraki the runner; if he becomes the president, na to run nigeria like the family bank SGBank. But whats my own? Lemme goan meet my people in Sambisa forest

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Owaincouncil: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Yes. Saraki is qualify to be the president of Ilorin descendant union IDU.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by contigiency(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
When a fowl thinks that his wings has grown so Strong as to compete with the eagle in a flight, that fowl will be torn apart by the wind in the air space. All these noise from people who are against the government of the day using the same reasons they used against the previous government baffles me. Let them go on with the noise, buhari will still beat them hands down when the time comes. You know when a child engages in an unfinished fight, he beats his chest and prides himself as being brave and strong.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Butterflyleo: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
This doyin said he should leverage off "his increased popularity" cheesy

Chai has he forgotten that increased popularity which he saraki has gotten is directly proportional to the Increased notoriety he has also gotten in corruption?

The same man who ran down and looted one bank he was in charge of should now be in charge of Nigeria so he can break Abachas record?

God forbid.

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by BabaIbo: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
Observing
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Hemanwel(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
As far as I am concerned, Bukola Saraki is the most powerful politician in Nigeria today. Even more powerful than Alpha Beta of Bourdillon.

Before 2015, I would say it was Tinubu who held the position; but right now,the SP is the WBO, WBC, IBF, and IBO holder of Nigerian politics.

I see him being the Vladimir Putin of Africa IF voted in as President of Nigeria cos he likes wielding so much power.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Neatboy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
You can't blame Doyin Okupe, it is this administration that specializes in making unpopular people popular through media trials and persecutions.
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by OhiOfIhima: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Okupe.... Is dat a person's name.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by seanfer(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
It is getting interesting.. Self interest will kill the Alliance

1 Like

Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
okupe
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by OCTAVO: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Okay.
Re: 2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President by bedspread: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
I hv nothing to say but Personally SAriki will not get my Vote!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nationwide Strike Records Poor Compliance In Ekiti State / Abia Government Says It's Not Against Peter Obi's Visit To Aba For Rally / Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.