Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) (25345 Views)

LASTMA Officials Burn Bus And Destroy Properties In Lagos (Video) / Police Arrest MTN Staff Whose Girlfriend Died While Having Fun In Adamawa / Thugs Invade Aba South LGA Headquarters, Destroy Properties (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by delpee(f): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
Tunagee:

Good for MTN. Very exploitative organisation. Contracts staff work for 10-13 years of hard labour, even work more than the permanent staff, yet no conversion of status to permanent status.
A lot of injustice done to staff and contract staffs all in the name of no union allowed. They are now claiming they did not discourage staff from joining union, whereas they know that they have strict policies forbidding staff from joining or forming unions. Useless organisation. I worked there for years. At a particular time, MTN Nig.formed an outsourcing firm to take care of call center staffs welfare in MTN, all pensions and taxes were deducted from these staffs salaries, but were never remitted to the pension company. aside that, there were no medicals extended to staff family members. When the company was wound up, all the pension claims by these staffs were forfeited cos no union to fight for the staffs. On another occasion MTN contract staffs at the call centers were suddenly outsourced to an Indian slave driver firm called ISON BPO international who tells the staffs they would only pay N45,000 against N100,000 plus paid by MTN. The sad part is that MTN never intervened on this poor payment by their contractors forcing all the staffs to resign in their thousands. This is just few of the many injustices to staff. All these because u are not allowed to belong to unions as a staff. Stupid injustice!!!! That serves u well MTN.

Wow! That's unfair and sad. Just like bankers.

1 Like

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by emmanuelex1(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
People voted somebody to oversee the country.
kallmemrB:
Honestly Nigeria govt is just 30% of this country's problem....the people itself caries 70%.....someone will blame buhari soon as if he's one of the NLC officials
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by spandola: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
GUYS,MTN IS ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES TO WORK.BEEN WORKING IN MTN NIGERIA FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND 3DAYS...I HAVE ATTENDED OVER 15 PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS ACROSS NIGERIA AND ABOUT 2 FOREIGN TRAININGS ABROAD SINCE I JOINED MTN NIGERIA..I HAVE NEVER REGRETED WORKING IN MTN...FUNNY ENOUGH,WE HAVE CONTRACT NIGERIAN STAFF THAT EARN EVEN MORE THAN US THE PERMANENT STAFF.....FOR YOU TO WORK IN MTN AS A PERMANENT STAFF,YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE..YOU GUYS CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT THE IMPLICATION OF DAMAGING MTN INFRASTRUCTURE CAN CAUSE THIS NATION...DO YOU KNOW IT WOULD AFFECT THE.BANKING SYSTEM,TRANSPORT SYSTEM OR EVEN THE MEDICAL SYSTEM...NLC PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE...GO AND SORT OUT ISSUES WITH OLD PENSIONEERS AND CIVIL SERVANTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR YEARS..
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by spandola: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
GUYS,MTN IS ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES TO WORK.BEEN WORKING IN MTN NIGERIA FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND 3DAYS...I HAVE ATTENDED OVER 15 PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS ACROSS NIGERIA AND ABOUT 2 FOREIGN TRAININGS ABROAD SINCE I JOINED MTN NIGERIA..I HAVE NEVER REGRETED WORKING IN MTN...FUNNY ENOUGH,WE HAVE CONTRACT NIGERIAN STAFF THAT EARN EVEN MORE THAN US THE PERMANENT STAFF.....FOR YOU TO WORK IN MTN AS A PERMANENT STAFF,YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE..YOU GUYS CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT THE IMPLICATION OF DAMAGING MTN INFRASTRUCTURE CAN CAUSE THIS NATION...DO YOU KNOW IT WOULD AFFECT THE.BANKING SYSTEM,TRANSPORT SYSTEM OR EVEN THE MEDICAL SYSTEM...NLC PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE...GO AND SORT OUT ISSUES WITH OLD PENSIONEERS AND CIVIL SERVANTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR YEARS..[quote][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Reptyle(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
Tunagee:

My papa dey craze

Fixed.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Abeyjide: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
new2012:

By beating the employees they are fighting for? By destroying the companies equipments?

there are some called management staff that are nigerians, they are being paid well in order to enforce the harsh condition of work on the contracted staffs. these are the people resisting the NLC and they are just 5% of their staffs.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by new2012: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Abeyjide:

there are some called management staff that are nigerians, they are being paid well in order to enforce the harsh condition of work on the contracted staffs. these are the people resisting the NLC and they are just 5% of their staffs.

I bet the worm in your stomach told you that.

People just concoct crap and spill 'em put of their mouth. Mtn Nigeria is manned and run by Nigerians fully, go find our before spilling what u do not know
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Allstrasse: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2018
zeestone99:

This is the problem I have wit some nigerians, they are standing against mtn for all atrocities committed, low salaries, employing contract staff wit lil or no benefits n no workin platform to b retained as permanent staff, they form other employment agencies, they giv moni to dem, while dose one recruit our pple on contract n giv dem peanut under strict environment.. Nlc is sayin no to that,and all we can do is bash dem.... Later we ll stil complain... Wake up ppl

Very disappointing post. And you think going pout there to fight bears resemblance to a solution right?

Whatever happened to the freedoms enshrined in our constitution?
People should not be forced to associate with unions. It should be a matter of choice.

History is replete with unionism flaws. Ask George Orwell.

1 Like

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by JeffreyJames(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2018
zeestone99:

This is the problem I have wit some nigerians, they are standing against mtn for all atrocities committed, low salaries, employing contract staff wit lil or no benefits n no workin platform to b retained as permanent staff, they form other employment agencies, they giv moni to dem, while dose one recruit our pple on contract n giv dem peanut under strict environment.. Nlc is sayin no to that,and all we can do is bash dem.... Later we ll stil complain... Wake up ppl

The people at the helm of affairs in MTN Nigeria, are they not your fellow Nigerians? undecided. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria mbok.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Allstrasse: 12:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Humility017:

and how much do the franchise' owners pay the staffs?

Irrelevant question. Its contract. If it doesnt suit you there are always options. You cannot dictate to your employer what he should pay from his earnings. The government can only fix a basic minimum wage. But you as an employee have the privilege of choosing whom to work for and that is indeed fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Allstrasse: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2018
Humility017:

and how much do the franchise' owners pay the staffs?

Irrelevant question. Its a contract. If it doesn't suit you there are always options. You cannot dictate to your employer what he should pay from his earnings.

The government as a regulator can only fix a basic minimum wage.

But you as an employee have the privilege of choosing whom to work for and that is indeed fair enough.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 11, 2018
nextstep:

It's the role of government to enact and enforce laws to benefit its citizenry. It's not up to a profit-making company to charitably hire more people than it needs to. If they could run with only 1 worker in Nigeria, they would, and there's nothing wrong with that. After all isn't MTN paying taxes (and or fines) that are supposed to benefit Nigeria? Aren't they providing much-needed infrastructure that other Nigerian elites are refusing to provide? Please direct your anger to Nigeria's leadership, not to South African business shareholders.

You were making sense till u made reference to mtn paying tax... Are u aware that of took strong moves to make them pay what they had been avoiding to pay for years and that there is still more to pay? Mtn and dstv need to retrace their steps
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 11, 2018
spandola:
GUYS,MTN IS ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES TO WORK.BEEN WORKING IN MTN NIGERIA FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND 3DAYS...I HAVE ATTENDED OVER 15 PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS ACROSS NIGERIA AND ABOUT 2 FOREIGN TRAININGS ABROAD SINCE I JOINED MTN NIGERIA..I HAVE NEVER REGRETED WORKING IN MTN...FUNNY ENOUGH,WE HAVE CONTRACT NIGERIAN STAFF THAT EARN EVEN MORE THAN US THE PERMANENT STAFF.....FOR YOU TO WORK IN MTN AS A PERMANENT STAFF,YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE..YOU GUYS CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT THE IMPLICATION OF DAMAGING MTN INFRASTRUCTURE CAN CAUSE THIS NATION...DO YOU KNOW IT WOULD AFFECT THE.BANKING SYSTEM,TRANSPORT SYSTEM OR EVEN THE MEDICAL SYSTEM...NLC PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE...GO AND SORT OUT ISSUES WITH OLD PENSIONEERS AND CIVIL SERVANTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR YEARS..

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 11, 2018
spandola:

I hope u have seen the screen shots. You really underestimate people or u simply are too dumb to assume people will buy your paid lies

Which mtn , who I Nigeria doesn't know what mtn is doing to its workers?

YOU CLAIMING TO BE WORKING FOR MTN FOR PASS 10 YEARS.. U SIR, ARE A SERIAL LIAR..BY THE SCREEN SHOES WE L CAN SEE THAT. CLEAR U ARE A STAFF ASKED TO DO THIS BUT NIGERIA AREN'T STUPID.. I FOR SEE MTN LEAVE NIGERIA IN LESS THAN 10 YEARS FROM NOW

So 2017 to 2018 I s 10 years abi? Silly thing
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 11, 2018
spandola:

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by LordsApostle: 2:50am On Jul 11, 2018
Surprised u knowing this now.
kallmemrB:
Honestly Nigeria govt is just 30% of this country's problem....the people itself caries 70%.....someone will blame buhari soon as if he's one of the NLC officials
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Humility017(m): 6:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Allstrasse:

Irrelevant question. Its a contract. If it doesn't suit you there are always options. You cannot dictate to your employer what he should pay from his earnings.

The government as a regulator can only fix a basic minimum wage.

But you as an employee have the privilege of choosing whom to work for and that is indeed fair enough.

so sorry for my question.
ifymady already explained vividly to me.
I think the NLC are going about it in the wrong way...they should have employed table talk(negotiation approach ) or use the national assembly or the ministry of Labour if they feel there was dissatisfaction with the system.

especially with the assault on the staff's make no sense at all.

never knew much about these protest and inspiration behind it but yesterday I got a clear picture.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Humility017(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2018
ifymadu:
Ok, let me break it down. If MTN feels it needs a presence in say Lokoja, it invites business men and women for screening and the basic requirement is that you have a space. Either personal building or rented, all MTN does is to tell you the spec of the building. When you get it, MTN comes in to design and paint with its color, provide connectivity to the network and other technical support. The owner of the franchise will then employ his or her staffs, provide power and run the place. MTN supplies you products at a given price and you mark up (controlled mark up) and resell to customers. You are also paid on services rendered and other commissions. It is the franchise owner that interview, employ and pay his/her staffs based on individual agreements. MTN does not run overhead (salaries inclusive) for franchise owners

thanks for this info.
I really apprecaite.....
sorry for my ignorant questions at first.

1 Like

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Humility017(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2018
spandola:
I think this could be avoided...if they can just resort to table talk and negotiation.
not really happy with the video I just watched..inflicting injuries on staffs is not acceptable.
just that we are so used to violent and unprofessional protests/agitation in nation.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 11, 2018
Apina:
Mtn cannot attempt 1% of the rubbish they are doing here in Nigeria in south Africa. How can you outsource 80% of your employment slots in a multinational making billions from the said country daily? And thats why Workers can be dropped at will since its a contract job with little or no regulation from the Labour ministry angry

Mtn is a business and they are in Nigeria to make as much money as possible, if the leadership of the country is weak and unwilling to protect its citizens multi nationals will exploit ,it's as simple as that.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2018
PearlStreet:
What did the South African government do when Nigerian businesses were attacked in South Africa?

South African businesses should be dealt with exactly the same way Nigerian businesses are being treated in SA.

Do you even know what you are talking about undecided. What nigerian businesses were attacked, brothels and drug dens covered as spare parts shops and bed and breakfasts? Don't be deceived by the fowl cries of our brothers in SA , I live here and trust me you would hate Nigerians too if you visited the place. Mtn is in Nigeria legally and paying taxes , if they are exploiting why can't we change the laws and make them accountable?
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Abeyjide: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2018
new2012:

I bet the worm in your stomach told you that.

People just concoct crap and spill 'em put of their mouth. Mtn Nigeria is manned and run by Nigerians fully, go find our before spilling what u do not know

what I do not know? you are joking. where I worked for almost 4 years. don't argue blindly again.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by new2012: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Abeyjide:

what I do not know? you are joking. where I worked for almost 4 years. don't argue blindly again.

You worked there as what?
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Abeyjide: 8:40am On Jul 11, 2018
new2012:

You worked there as what?
i have said mine so,do you work there?
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by new2012: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2018
Abeyjide:

i have said mine so,do you work there?

Anybody can be anything on social media.

Just keep ur lies to yourself man
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Abeyjide: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2018
new2012:

Anybody can be anything on social media.

Just keep ur lies to yourself man

Answer my question. If you like belief it or not. Am not your type that is surrounded and spit lies around. Thank you.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by higherpower: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2018
Lexusgs430:
NLC is broke..... They need money, join union or we beat you up...

NLC is protesting against the slavery of Nigerians by MTN by paying them stipends while they work all day long and you are here writing this. Sometimes, when I come across comments like this you own, I just arrive at the conclusion that foolishness is self inflicted
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2018
higherpower:

NLC is protesting against the slavery of Nigerians by MTN by paying them stipends while they work all day long and you are here writing this. Sometimes, when I come across comments like this you own, I just arrive at the conclusion that foolishness is self inflicted

It takes a foolish person to know another..... Do you know how much MTN pays their employees (contact or otherwise)?

When you find out their average wage structure vs other sectors, comeback to confess about how foolish you are....
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Allstrasse: 10:34am On Jul 11, 2018
Its so sad when one can rise above all this self pity and view with a most discerning perspective what psychological calamity we have brought upon ourselves.

Unionism as all else can be used as a powerful tool to the advantage of the majority. I can however assure you that here in this country it is like all else; a tool for entrenching corruption and personal aggrandizement.

Every job is meant to be a rung on the ladder. If at any point in time you outgrow the job what you do is to leave the job thus creating a vacancy for another person from the bottom rung to 'progress' into your role while you move into another role.
We must never allow anyone. company or union limit our growth horizontally or vertically.

I do not like MTN but the truth is it is a great company no matter how you look at it. Deep inside me I wish I owned a part of it.......despite not liking it and I am sure under the most objective scrutiny this will be revealed as the position of the majority of Nigerians. I assure all and sundry that the day MTN announces its IPO our hypocrisy will shed itself of the toga it wears now.

Yes they may be cutting a lot of corners but remember that they learnt it from us and we condone it through our Nigerian staff there and of course our rather weak and purposeless government.

Trust me, MTN has contributed immensely to the revolution we are now experiencing.

SHOULDN'T THEY REAP FROM THIS INVESTMENT? iT IS ONLY FAIR THAT THEY DO.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by new2012: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
Abeyjide:

Answer my question. If you like belief it or not. Am not your type that is surrounded and spit lies around. Thank you.

You don't deserve answers bro, don't be desperate and childish.
Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by ifymadu: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Humility017:

thanks for this info.
I really apprecaite.....
sorry for my ignorant questions at first.
ZYou are welcome bro, I appreciate your willingness too to be informed.

1 Like

Re: NLC Beats MTN Staff And Destroy Properties (Video) by Abeyjide: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
new2012:

You don't deserve answers bro, don't be desperate and childish.

I thought you are one reasonable person before.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Caught Picking Children Pampers In Kogi, Beaten By Mob (Photos) / Woman Poisons Day-old Stepson In Niger State With "Otapiapia" / Policemen Struggling For Gun With Another Security Man (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.