Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. (1657 Views)

About Golf 4 Putting Golf 3 Engine In It / Customer Destroys His N61m Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG With A Golf Club / Volkswagen Celebrates Its 150 Millionth Vehicle,A Golf GTE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by Exponental(m): 12:54am On Jul 11, 2018
Pls I need an advice on buying a faulty 2000 passat and replacing the engine and gear with a golf 3's system. Is it advisable? has anyone tried it

Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by uzohrome(m): 2:20am On Jul 11, 2018
it works perfectly...

1 Like

Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by uboma(m): 5:00am On Jul 11, 2018
Exponental:
Pls I need an advice on buying a faulty 2000 passat and replacing the engine and gear with a golf 3's system. Is it advisable? has anyone tried it

Why not look for a functioning Passat that carries it's factory fitted engine?

Save yourself the headache...

3 Likes

Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by Exponental(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2018
uboma:

Why not look for a functioning Passat that carries it's factory fitted engine?

Save yourself the headache...
The engine seems problematic n complex. I know every kazeem can manage a golf engine.
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by weyreypey: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2018
Exponental:
Not worth it.
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by hentech911: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2018
If u need a car that can carry u from point A to Point B without AC, no prob. u can go ahead for the conversion. Mind u, u have to make sure it is also converted to manual, and the engine has to be carburator. this is the only way you can manage to use this car.
Note that the power will not be as good as the original engine.
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by uboma(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
hentech911:
If u need a car that can carry u from point A to Point B without AC, no prob. u can go ahead for the conversion. Mind u, u have to make sure it is also converted to manual, and the engine has to be carburator. this is the only way you can manage to use this car.

You have summed it up.

3 Likes

Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by diportivo: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
hentech911:

there's no golf3 with a carburettor undecided

Exponental:

The engine seems problematic n complex. I know every kazeem can manage a golf engine.

there's nothing spectacular about the Passat B5 engine,whatever variant might be in it

the engines are as simple as ABC

I bought a golf 4 with a bad V5 engine two years ago...I changed it to the same variant (despite all the advice against) and I didn't regret it.the guy dat bought it is still using it till tmr...not one engine issue since

it was done by a kazeem in ikorodu

my advice?get a reliable mecho to sort it

it's a simple mpfi engine
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by sultaan(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
hentech911:

This idea is worse than a fullish idea.

If a car bankrupt the previous owner to the point the have to sell it off as junk why would you advise your brother to buy such a car if not for a wicked heart. I know it is not your money but if you have nothing positive to give you keep things to yourself.

OP never buy a car that had bankrupt the previous owner
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by Exponental(m): 12:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks all.... I will consider aborting the mission.
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by hentech911: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2018
sultaan:

This idea is worse than a fullish idea.

If a car bankrupt the previous owner to the point the have to sell it off as junk why would you advise your brother to buy such a car if not for a wicked heart. I know it is not your money but if you have nothing positive to give you keep things to yourself.

OP never buy a car that had bankrupt the previous owner

Learn to read and understand the difference btw advise and conditional statement.
Re: Passat With A Golf 3 Engine. by Bettycars(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2018
Exponental:
Is it manual?

(1) (Reply)

Car AC / Which Car Should I Buy Between Highlander 2005 And Rx 330 2005 / Save Cost: Change Your Car,truck Tyres @ Import Prices Upon Delivery.08061517189

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.