Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) (1245 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / Muhammad Makes List Of Top 10 Baby Names In The US For The First Time / Nigerian Woman Disfigured By Her Husband, Says She Still Loves Him. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by iamstanc(m): 1:13am On Jul 11, 2018
He'd just found out what his parents had named him... (

Olivia, Sophia, Amelia, Noah, George and Harry may all be riding high in the baby name charts , but this might not be forever.

As odd as it may seem, the name you've given your little one - a name you've probably spent ages deliberating over and put a lot of thought into - may one day be seen as being a bit naff.

Or too try-hard. Or dull. It may even one day face extinction - such is the fickle nature of baby name fashions.

Charlie and Isabelle may seem like classics right now, but will they stand the test of time?

Not necessarily. A whole range of 'retro' names which were popular in the seventies and eighties are at risk of dying out.

Let's a take a look at which names are suffering - maybe it will inspire you to bring them back...

1. Gary
Only 33 babies were named Gary in 2014 according to Netmums .

2. Annette
Whereas Annette has not been chosen by a single parent this year.

3. Norman
Meaning 'Northern man,' Norman just about made it into the top 3,000 baby names.

4. Elaine
Whereas Elaine has not managed to in recent years.

Baby Elaine?

5. Linda
An extremely popular choice in the seventies, it's all but fallen out of favour.

6. Susan
Did you know that Susan meant flower? Sadly, other flora-inspired names have take its place, like Daisy, Poppy and Lily.

Could Susan Sarandon inspire you? (

7. Ronald
Performing slightly better than Norman and Elaine, Ronald manages to (just about) get a place in the top 2000.

8. Carol
No one went for Carol in 2014, and it's since failed to rank highly.

Baby Carol? (
Tell us what you think

9. Janet
Once a royal favourite in Scotland (albeit 500 years ago), the popularity of this name has been in decline since the 1960s.

10. Nigel
While you may know a Nigel or two, as a name it's fallen outside the top 2,000.

11. Donna
Meaning "woman" in Italian, Donna has been surpassed in popularity by a whopping 3,500-odd more names.

12. Barry
In the UK, Barry has become the 2,079th most chosen name, though it's apparently still popular in Australia.

Even EastEnders couldn't make Barry popualr(Image: BBC)

13. Debbie
Debbie took the 2,464th spot in the 2014 baby names chart.

http://luckynewsinfo.com/baby-names-no-one-loves-any-more-see-if-yours-or-your-little-ones-is-on-the-list/
cc:lalasticala
Cc:Dennygirl
Cc:ishilove
Cc:farano
Cc:seun

Re: Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22am On Jul 11, 2018
Fa fa fa foul!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by Ishilove: 5:06am On Jul 11, 2018
These are non-Nigerian names. What are we supposed to do with them?

2 Likes

Re: Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by Phut(f): 5:32am On Jul 11, 2018
Ishilove:
These are non-Nigerian names. What are we supposed to do with them?

Help me ask am o! They can all go into oblivion for all we care. People just copying and pasting rubbish. mschew!

3 Likes

Re: Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by ImaIma1(f): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Op check the meaning of Linda
Re: Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
Phut:

Help me ask am o! They can all go into oblivion for all we care. People just copying and pasting rubbish. mschew!
Nigerian bloggers of nowadays don taya me

(1) (Reply)

My Mum Is 4 Weeks Pregnant For My Husband, What Do I Do _ Lady Seeks Advice / A Barren Woman Got Pregnant After Been Raped. Should She Abort? (pic) / What I Need To Know About Relocating To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.