Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? (1376 Views)

FG Not Bothered By US Lawmakers’ Moves To Halt $875m Defence Equipments / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Twistsss: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2018
The national ID card is one of the most important document a citizen should have, and it baffles me that the Nigerian government do not see it as a priority to ensure that everyone gets it in the most expedient way possible.

Can someone explain why it is taking so long to get a national ID card in Nigeria?

Have you received yours and how long did it take?

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2018
Exactly my thoughts.
This is the foundation of any sane society.
Many things wrong from the foundation in this nation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by wickyyolo: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2018
post=69265746:
Exactly my thoughts.

When the foundation is bad, the house will surely fall.
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Twistsss: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2018
We need a round-table discussion of thinkers in Nigeria to sit and chart the way forward not lame ideas of potbellied politicians.

wickyyolo:

When the foundation is bad, the house will surely fall.
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by GOFRONT(m): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2018
Why will they be bothered when they dont even regard some people as a citizen because of our societal status
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by babyfaceafrica: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2018
how many Nigerian politicians have national.I'd card?..
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by waleyp(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2018
Have Applied For Mine Since 2014 I GUESs, Up Till Now The Card Nothing Nothing
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by yourwish: 7:50am On Jul 11, 2018
Imagine banks are even rejecting the paper the gave me even with my NIN on it the refused embarassed

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by rejoice4eva(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Simple..... Fulani or Northern solidarities
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Twistsss: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2018
yourwish:
Imagine banks are even rejecting the paper the gave me even with my NIN on it the refused embarassed

Many people that wish to earn some money online are also being restricted because they have no valid ID. Most of the websites where you can make money online will not accept voters card or your printed 'ID' with NIN.

These fools in government will not sort out their priorities. They will not create jobs and they will still put obstacles on the way that prevents people that want to create sources of income for themselves!

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by binsanni(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2018
SINCE 2014 it's always from this to this, but me no dey go there again sha
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Balyz: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2018
wickyyolo:

[s]When the foundation is bad, the house will surely fall[/s].
The house will stand the test of time
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Ahmeduana(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2018
Twistsss:
The national ID card is one of the most important document a citizen should have, and it baffles me that the Nigerian government do not see it as a priority to ensure that everyone gets it in the most expedient way possible.

Can someone explain why it is taking so long to get a national ID card in Nigeria?

ANY PROGRAM THAT THE NORTH COULD OR CANNOT INFLUENCE OR MANIPULATE THE PROCESS WILL BE KILL OR FRUSTRATE!

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by GworoChewinMaga: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2018
Ahmeduana:

ANY PROGRAM THAT THE NORTH COULD OR CANNOT INFLUENCE OR MANIPULATE THE PROCESS WILL BE KILL OR FRUSTRATE!

The NIMC card which I have since collected has a MasterCard chip.

It is a very sophisticated piece of technology as the original intents by the last administration is to have the NIMC card replace all existing forms of identification (Voters card, passport ,Drivers licence, etc) and ATMs.

The NIMC card can not be duplicated like the way Jega did with his useless PVCs.

If the NIMC card was universally distributed the following would be obvious

1. The north's population lie. If you like import every Sahelian from Chad, Mali and Niger - they will not match the population of the south when combined with the existing northern population. NIMC database would have exposed this glaring truth. Southerners residing in the north who wish to register for NIMC are told openly to declare their state of origin as the northern state or refuse getting captured.

2. If the NIMC card replaces Voters card then electoral rigging, child voting and ballot stuffing will be a thing of the past. This reason is why the Buhari govt has since declared that the FG has no money to issue the permanent cards even though MasterCard is heavily subsidizing the exercise in Nigeria as they stand to gain in future when the cards are used as transaction mediums.

3. The NIMC card removes responsibility of printing voters card from INEC. This will affect northern rigging machinery.

This is why Buhari killed NIMC

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by GworoChewinMaga: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2018
Ahmeduana:

This is the excuse NIMC gave
- The National Identity Management Commission has said that it cannot produce national identity cards for everyone - The commission's DG explained that for the next three years, the NIMC would not be focused on the card, but on the National Identification Number, which Nigerians can then print - He explained that the printing of the national identity cards had been given to some vendors; but that funding was a challenge Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1165381-we-produce-national-identity-cards-nimc.html#1165381

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by GworoChewinMaga: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Another thing to note is that the NIMC card has an expiration date and on expiration, the holder is expected to pay for a renewal.

The first card is paid for by both the Federal govt and MasterCard.

FG is responsible for bio-metric data capturing which they foward to Mastercard who print the cards and maintain a database of registered holders.

The FG is claiming they cant afford to print NIMC cards is a big fat lie.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Twistsss: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2018
GworoChewinMaga:

The NIMC card which I have since collected has a MasterCard chip.

It is a very sophisticated piece of technology as the original intents by the last administration is to have the NIMC card replace all existing forms of identification (Voters card, passport ,Drivers licence, etc) and ATMs.

The NIMC card can not be duplicated like the way Jega did with his useless PVCs.

If the NIMC card was universally distributed the following would be obvious

1. The north's population lie. If you like import every Sahelian from Chad, Mali and Niger - they will not match the population of the south when combined with the existing northern population. NIMC database would have exposed this glaring truth. Southerners residing in the north who wish to register for NIMC are told openly to declare their state of origin as the northern state or refuse getting captured.

2. If the NIMC card replaces Voters card then electoral rigging, child voting and ballot stuffing will be a thing of the past. This reason is why the Buhari govt has since declared that the FG has no money to issue the permanent cards even though MasterCard is heavily subsidizing the exercise in Nigeria as they stand to gain in future when the cards are used as transaction mediums.

This is why Buhari killed NIMC

So in summary the success of NIMC will not be beneficial to the north. Amazing!

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by GworoChewinMaga: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Twistsss:

So in summary the success of NIMC will not be beneficial to the north. Amazing!

Exactly.

I have a friend in the north who was refused registering at the NIN centre.

He was told openly to change his state of origin to the northern state or else he wont be captured. This discussion came after I showed him my NIMC card. I adviced him to go to either Abuja (preferably) or his state to register as even if he complies with the ab0ki staff in Katsina they will still not release the card to him after it is printed.

Also, many Nigeriens are using the NIMC bio-metric capture to fully assimilate as Nigerians in the northern centers.

I have been begging every one I know in the south to go and register but they wont still listen.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Ahmeduana(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=GworoChewinMaga post=69273613] If you read my comment you will see that we are on the same page
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by mbos: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Twistsss:

so you dont know that chad and niger people can be used for census and election?

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by Twistsss: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2018
JUSTICETHEO:

Buhari govt has since cancelled the issuance of permanent NIMC card.

The NIN card was to replace the PVC and other forms of identification and can serve as ATMs.

The reason the Buhari govt gave for the cancellation was the financial cost implication of printing and issuing the permanent cards.

This is bullsh!t.

The previous govt had a time table to roll out the cards for the 2019 elections. This is the reason the Buhari and the north killed the NIN card project.

With the NIN card, INEC PVCs will be discarded and Buhari will not be able to rig the elections.

NIN would have put an end to the censor debate as it would have shown the north to be the actual minority.

This is just one of several good policies that Buhari has destroyed or discarded because it will not favour northern political dominance.
Re: National ID Card: Why Is The Nigerian Government Not Bothered? by MakeNigeriaGrea: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
post=69265746:
Exactly my thoughts.
Someone who is expected to change our foundation can't do it and you still support him. Buhari is useless and a failure.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Makes Grammatical Blunder During Speech To Soldiers (VIDEO) / SGF Boss Mustapha, Shades PDP At Jonathan's Book Launch / Photo: See How Saraki Held Oshomole's Hand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.