Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Beware Of Depression! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Depression! (387 Views)

How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression / Drugs/Sex/Indulgence Not The Solution. This is the Only Way Out of Depression / Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Depression! by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2018
Beware Of Depression!

The dictionary meaning of depression says it is a feeling of utter hopelessness despondency, self-disgust and loss of perspective!

It is a mood swing into which a man is cast.
Who is the author? - Satan, the enemy!

Depression chokes the brain! It robs and blinds the mind.

Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth,

and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,

lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

It is a very destructive weapon of the enemy. It must be fought! It is a destroyer! It makes victims of men.

It enters into the mind to block it from the light of the glorious gospel. It chokes the Word and makes the mind unproductive.

When you are depressed, your access to God’s presence is blocked

Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Depression disconnects you from the
Father. Depression destroys your harvest. If the devil can get you depressed any day, he has spoilt your day.

Depression brings a man under a curse

Deuteronomy 28:47 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;

28:48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst,

and in unclothedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

It is the worst enemy of your destiny.
Depression retards your flight to your high places, as your joy is cut off.

Habakkuk 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail,

and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

3:19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Satan brings cares, worries and
anxieties to keep you down, the Word of God becomes meaningless to you and consequently unimportant.

Move away from any depressed person! He can depress your life! Depression can destroy your health

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

It is destructive to your health, which Satan wants destroyed.

The moment you subscribe to depression, the things that should be working start failing.

Whereas sins are forgivable, depression
has to be treated, because it is a sin against oneself, not against God. So deal with it!

Rejoice Evermore!

Joy is the secret of our superiority over Satan. Depression makes victims of men, but joy makes champions of men.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Joy is a pace-setter in our Christian race. The more of it you have, the more victories you enjoy over Satan. The only medicine for depression is joy! Joy is the only way to ventilate your spirit.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

When you’re depressed you have no contact with God’s presence. A ‘praisefull’ life is what is required to carry God’s
presence.

Without joy, you have no access to revelations.

Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

And without revelation, there’s no faith and without faith, there is no victory

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Joy makes your day!

Serve the Lord with joyfulness and gladness of heart and Satan will have no access to you.

Satan is out to move you against God. Keep him off with joy - singing and making melody in your heart unto the Lord

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Organise for joy and happiness Programme for it. Fill your house with music. Live in constant gratitude and thankfulness to God.

To take God for granted is to be grounded! Let your heart dwell in a ceaseless flow of thanksgiving and appreciation unto
God.

To be "praise-full" is to be "win-full".
There is nothing in this world that should be allowed to destroy your eternity.

People who are cheaply moved never live to move their mountains.

The level of joy you operate determines the level of exploits you enjoy. It makes you and God an informidable, invincible team,
and establishes your triumph over Satan in any conflict of life.

Heaviness is a spirit.

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning,

the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

It is one of the key strategies of Satan to strip God’s people naked.

Satan calculates heaviness for God’s people because he knows no one can stop the fiery acts of God when man is giving God quality praise. So fight heaviness!

Every time you can’t find joy, the thief is at work. The devil comes to steal your joy so he can make a victim of you. But a ceaseless flow of joy will cause your spiritual life to blossom.

Engage in this "heavenly sense" to be free from depression.

Flee from covetousness! For a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he has.

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Serving God is unprofitable when it’s not done joyfully and gladly. A joyful track in your walk with God is the anointing for harvest.

Rejoice in the Lord always, not in the things you have! Until you count all things but dung, your joy in the Lord will not be genuine.

It takes joy to operate in the excellent spirit that makes for distinction. It takes joy to create a future.

You belong to the order of joy by creation.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith.

So let the fruit flow!

Friend, our minds play a very great part in what becomes of our lives and future. So bring your mind into subjection to the Word of God.

Know also that as much as your mind is the battle-field, it is also the victory ground. It is where your destiny is determined.

What you think makes your tomorrow. What you think determines the things you say and what you say is what shapes
your life.

God is listening to what is going on inside you more than what you are saying with your mouth.

Guard your mind with all watchfulness.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

God is still on the throne!

Rejoice.

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Beware Of Depression! by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
Review
Re: Beware Of Depression! by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
You can NOW enroll for our 2-week online Bible school- Word Of God Bible Institute (WOGBI). Contact me on WhatsApp or call me on 08126401351.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Beware Of Depression! by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2020
9 days to go...

Join the train of believers to be empowered in this 2-week empowerment program

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE! Fraudsters Using Our Names, Pix To Scam People Online – Dr. Paul Enenche / Rccg Sunday School Student Manual 7 October 2018, Lesson / MFM, Olukoya File Law Suit In US Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.