Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS (38571 Views)

Audu Japheth & Kabson Beloved Ziryi Wrongly Arrested & Paraded By EFCC / Mob Kills Man Wrongly Accused Of Stealing Phone, Throws Body Into Lagoon / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Tlyon(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
This is Nigeria where police would run away from someone holding a gun then later pick up a guy whose parent sent to get something from the market. e go better one year

1 Like

Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by okwabayi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
So wait o, they didn't mention how it was found out he was innocent. They didn't carry out any DNA testing, fingerprint analysis or witness testimonies? He was only freed through the power of prayer?

HA HA, Naija, stay mediocre.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by okwabayi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tlyon:
This is Nigeria where police would run away from someone holding a gun then later pick up a guy whose parent sent to get something from the market. e go better one year
He who has a gun can easily take a life. Someone walking aimlessly is an easy target. It is a logical something.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Tlyon(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
okwabayi:

He who has a gun can easily take a life. Someone walking aimlessly is an easy target. It is a logical something.
pls re-read my comment if we not on same line(i meant taking the guy without gun inplace of that which was holding a gun earlier)
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by okwabayi(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tlyon:
pls re-read my comment if we not on same line(i meant taking the guy without gun inplace of that which was holding a gun earlier)
I know. I only explained the reason why.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Boss347(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
respect80:
This is Nigeria

Even in America they still say “This is America’
It’s like that everywhere
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Bluezy13(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
respect80:

All of you quoting me upandan, I have heard someone referred to opinion like yours as "WHATABOUTISM".
BTW,
I'm now wondering why we all criticize corruption in one form or the other since corruption is also a prevalent problem in other countries. I guess we should all keep quiet because everything wrong about Nigeria and her politicians is also wrong with somewhere.
Again

THIS IS NIGERIA where people are ready to defend any form of sh*t
Corruption is all over the world.
But there are levels of corruption.
And there is a higher level of corruption in Nigeria.

Stop wailing and allow understanding be your guide.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by swiperthefox: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
adisabarber:

In USA a man spent 30 years in prison even though he had witnesses to prove he was at a party in another state when the crime was committed.
At least he will get to sue them for millions of dollars so that he will not have to work a day in his remaining days on earth but here in Nigeria he will go home empty handed. Nothing will be done to by the state to get his established.
Absolutely nothing.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by respect80(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bluezy13:

Corruption is all over the world.
But there are levels of corruption.
And there is a higher level of corruption in Nigeria.

Stop wailing and allow understanding be your guide.

Higher levels of corruption indeed

I guess you have a guage that measures corruption so at what level should corruption be questioned? and at what level should it be ignored?

Your mentality clearly betrays common logic.
No wonder they corruption is corruption only when you are not benefiting from it
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Bluezy13(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
respect80:

Higher levels of corruption indeed

I guess you have a guage that measures corruption so at what level should corruption be questioned? and at what level should it be ignored?

Your mentality clearly betrays common logic.
No wonder they corruption is corruption only when you are not benefiting from it
Don't wallow in intellectual mediocrity.
You don't need a gauge or measuring instrument to discern the echelons of corruption.
Common sense as well as instinctive moral values should assist your sense of reasoning to know that corruption is more prevalent in Nigeria such that it is used as a reference point in other countries.
Although I refuse to include statistics so as not to confuse your ignorance but a little visit to Google should also be your guide.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by respect80(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bluezy13:

Don't wallow in intellectual mediocrity.
You don't need a gauge or measuring instrument to discern the echelons of corruption.
Common sense as well as instinctive moral values should assist your sense of reasoning to know that corruption is more prevalent in Nigeria such that it is used as a reference point in other countries.
Although I refuse to include statistics so as not to confuse your ignorance but a little visit to Google should also be your guide.

You must be really confused I see.
I made reference to the fact that a man was unjustly incarcerated for 6 years by saying this is Nigeria (where all forms of injustice thrives), and you quoted me by saying things like that happens elsewhere.
The question now is - should an injustice act be ignored or welcomed simply because things like that happen in other places?
And you are now telling me corruption has levels and blah blah blah.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read my reply before quoting me because I'm also emphasizing on the high level of corruption and injustice prevailing in the Nigerian society. You are obviously contradicting yourself here.

BTW, calling me ignorant is an insult and it makes me wonder how you were brought up to grow angry about little things.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Bluezy13(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
respect80:

You must be really confused I see.
I made reference to the fact that a man was unjustly incarcerated for 6 years by saying this is Nigeria (where all forms of injustice thrives), and you quoted me by saying things like that happens elsewhere.
The question now is - should an injustice act be ignored or welcomed simply because things like that happen in other places?
And you are now telling me corruption has levels and blah blah blah.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read my reply before quoting me because I'm also emphasizing on the high level of corruption and injustice prevailing in the Nigerian society. You are obviously contradicting yourself here.

BTW, calling me ignorant is an insult and it makes me wonder how you were brought up to grow angry about little things.

Scroll up, go through the very first post I mentioned you, trace our conversation down and tell me if this last writeup of yours makes sense to you.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by respect80(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Assuming am the man am going to sue the Nigeria police I swear.. tongue tongue

My dear, don't pray to be the man cos some are not as lucky as he is to ever get justice. Many have died from unlawful detention and undeserved torture for crimes they knew nothing about
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by respect80(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bluezy13:

Scroll up, go through the very first post I mentioned you, trace our conversation down and tell me if this last writeup of yours makes sense to you.
Done scrolling through.
You misunderstood me in the first place, that's all I can see here
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Bluezy13(m): 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
respect80:
Done scrolling through. You misunderstood me in the first place, that's all I can see here
Perhaps.

1 Like

Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Elliot2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
a guy knocked down someone with his car,n so for d fear of mob action he abandoned d victim n d car and ran to d police to report himself. d police detained him without going to d accident scene to find out what happened. it's already 2yrs now.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by OChimex: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Aystarz:

Unbeknownst to us, we've all been mad in this country for long , but unlike in the past, we now have some bold fellow Nigerians and foreigners to look us in the face and tell us.

To be honest with you, Nigeria is never a country.. It's crystal clear now that to be born a Nigerian is actually a curse.

I was reading on Nairaland here about Nigeria giving about 3 African countries light. Mind you those countries they sell to have steady light, yet pay lesser. And we have no light and yet pay higher.

Don't you think it's only someone stark raving mad that will sell what he needs most?
The happiest day of my life will be the day I will leave this country.

1 Like

Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by malcom2x(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
adisabarber:

In USA a man spent 30 years in prison even though he had witnesses to prove he was at a party in another state when the crime was committed.

A rare case And besides how are sure of this?
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by adisabarber(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
malcom2x:

A rare case And besides how are sure of this?

It's not rare. Just google inmates freed after decades in jail
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by shomutuski(m): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
This country is a shit hole... Imagine spending 6years in prison and no support from government whatsoever.
My advice for all well meaning youth is to try and leave this country, our leaders are evil and power drunk, forget apc and pdp. fvck them all....
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Triiipjnr(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
grin grin 1St pix doe.as if d man wan dance shaku shaku 4 God.thank God 4 u ;D1St pix doe.as if d man wan dance shaku shaku 4 God.thank God 4 u
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by joinnow: 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
adisabarber:

But he compensated with millions of $
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by Angrymode: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
adisabarber:

You cleverly forgot to tell us the amount the man was compensated with. I bet this man will go home with at most ei yaah and sorry yaah. This is Nigeria!
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by dochenaj: 5:17am On Jul 12, 2018
adisabarber:

The man spent 30 years because he was convicted of the crime. In this case, I bet you the man was not.
There are tons and tons of people in Nigerian prisons who are awaiting trial and they have stayed there for years and their trial keeps dragging for like forever, like if there could be any new evidences that will be produced if the cases are dragged for that long. And you see a criminal case getting 5 months, 6 months adjournment. And when the case opens up, nothing definitive is ever done in each of these sittings to wrap the case up.
Our judicial system is a joke, "you are guilty until proven innocent" is the slogan here.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by dochenaj: 5:24am On Jul 12, 2018
OChimex:

To be honest with you, Nigeria is never a country.. It's crystal clear now that to be born a Nigerian is actually a curse.

I was reading on Nairaland here about Nigeria giving about 3 African countries light. Mind you those countries they sell to have steady light, yet pay lesser. And we have no light and yet pay higher.

Don't you think it's only someone stark raving mad that will sell what he needs most?
The happiest day of my life will be the day I will leave this country.
It is not really that they sell the light per se. Our power generation is primarily hydroelectric. And the river Niger, on which most of our dams are built course through those countries. And were they to build a dam, high up we will not have enough flow lower down to generate anything. So it is more like an agreement. Nigeria builds a dam lower down to maximize the power generated and distribute to this other countries at a subsidized rate.
Our problem with power is not generation, unfortunately the people at the top are ignorant of that or don't give a hoot and keep shouting MW this and that, possibly as a way of showing that they are doing something.
We need to concentrate more on efficiently distributing the much power we have at our disposal. And until then, any more power generated, is as good as a waste.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by mechanics(m): 5:27am On Jul 12, 2018
That's unfair, so 6 years just wasted like that.
Re: Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS by OChimex: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2018
dochenaj:

It is not really that they sell the light per se. Our power generation is primarily hydroelectric. And the river Niger, on which most of our dams are built course through those countries. And were they to build a dam, high up we will not have enough flow lower down to generate anything. So it is more like an agreement. Nigeria builds a dam lower down to maximize the power generated and distribute to this other countries at a subsidized rate.
Our problem with power is not generation, unfortunately the people at the top are ignorant of that or don't give a hoot and keep shouting MW this and that, possibly as a way of showing that they are doing something.
We need to concentrate more on efficiently distributing the much power we have at our disposal. And until then, any more power generated, is as good as a waste.

U don't get the point... If it"s the way you described the power sold to the other countries, then why are Nigeria govt saying they will cut them off? Don't they know of the symbiotic relationship and mutual agreement u just mentioned? Aren't the govt away that if they cut them off those countries they will then build their own dams in the river and affect Nigeria power generation?

On the part of distribution, my dear let the truth be told Africa is thriving on lies. you and I know that there is no damn generation. forget the lies, the said capacity installed are just propaganda and mendacious empty words strictly for the birds. Even the said distribution is a damn cheap lie. Nigeria to be sincere don't even have more than 1,000 installed capacity and they dont generate/distribute above that.

THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A HUMAN IS TO BE BORN IN AFRICA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Week Of Freedom After 10 Years In A Nigerian Jail / Prostitute Shows Off Goodluck And 'Back To Sender' Charms After Her Arrest.PICS / Abia State University Graduate Killed By Gateman In Uturu, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.