Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: (361 Views)

UK Minister, Kemi Badenoch Arrives Nigeria For 3-day Visit / Wike Vs Fubara: Ijaw Youths Protest Against Minister Of FCT In Port Harcourt / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by Slayer1914: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
THE"GOTCHA" HYPOCRISY AGAINST MINISTER KEMI ADEOSUN:

More facts are emmerging about the "saga" of the manufactured hypocritic saga of "forged exemption certificate" against Minister Kemi Adeosun.

Make no Mistake about it. This is political skulldudggery.

Corruption is indeed fighting back because, as Dr. Ngozi Iweal-Okonjo elloquently put it in her recent book, in Nigeria, "Fighting corruption is dangerous"

Unlike what some make it out to be, Minister Kemi Adeosun did not "skip" doing NYSC as some would make it seem.

She was not born in Nigeria. She did not go to school in Nigeria.

She was Born in 1967 in London to Nigerian Parents.

She attended her Primary, Secondary and University in the UK; And only came to work in Nigeria (Private sector) for the first time in 2002 at the age of 35 years old.

She went into political appointive Service (Ogun State Commisioner of Finance in 2011) at the age of 44 years.

If she is not entitled to exemption? Then there is something terribly wrong with our system.

We are in effect telling all men and women born to Nigerian parents in the Diaspora to come back to Nigeria for NYSC, or they should forget ever thinking about coming to the homeland of their parents to work!

It does not make sense.

She attended her Primary, Secondary and University in London; Started her career at 22 years Immediately after finishing her University Education.

Is it a reasonable expectation to expect a 22 year old to come to an unfamiliar country - because it is the land of the birth of his/her parents? - Even if at that point such a person has no firm plan to come to Nigeria to work?

I strongly argue that she is entitled to exemption from the NYSC. Absent that, then it means we are foreclosing from participation, a large swath of potentially valuable skill set endowed people. It would be foolish.

I know for sure my American Born son will never consider coming to work in Nigeria at the age of 22 years old. But I am very optimistic that with more maturity, he will see the value of coming to pitch tent back home.

Especially if the security situation and evonomy improves.

Therefore, in my opinion, the talk of Minister Adeosun "skipping NYSC" should not even arise. She did not skip NYSC.

She is entitled to be "exempted"

Now, having disposed of that, the only issue in this matter to my mind that need thrashing is: "was her exemption Certificate 'forged' "?

In answer to that, I make bold to say we do not know at this point.

But, I am willing to go on a limb to say "No. She did not forge an 'exemption' certificate".

It does not even make sense to do so. And if she does, I will consider her very very foolish in doing so.

Most likely scenario is this: She appropriately sought exemption. And because of her (or someone's) influence, somebody facilitated the exemption.

Now weither the right signature was appended to the certificate or not cannot be her burden to shoulder. She should not, in all fairness, be held accountable for something she did not do.

If she went to a printer and printed a fake exemption certificate and passes it around as her exemption certificate, then a prima faciae case of "Forgery" can be made against the Minister.

But to allege forgery against somebody who presumably applied for and got a bonafide exemption certificate issued from out of the NYSC is, to say the least uncharitable; And shows our proclivity to run down those working hard to correct the distortions in our body politic and economy.

The most important thing to me is a bonafide certificate issued from out of NYSC. She is not responsible for who signed it.

For those who are out with the "crusify her" pitch forks, how many of you are sure that your NYSC certificate was signed by appropriately designated NYSC official?

Have you check?

For me, i just collected mine and left. I have no guarantees that the appended signature was that of the appropriately designated Official.

This is NYSC discharge certificate. Talkless an exemption certificate

How is she supposed to know that her NYSC exemption Certificate has appended to it the signature of the "wrong" official?

Mind you, like I alluded earlier, the position some are taking on this matter is, in effect, foreclosing the possibility of children born to Nigerians in the diaspora from ever coming to work in or for Nigeria in the later stages of their lives.

Do we want to travel that route just to score cheap political points? Or do we want to keep the possibility that some of these Men and Women born to us in the Diaspora can some day come and contribute to our nation's developement?

Finally and in closing. Minister Adeosun should never ever resign. She is one of the most effective Ministers in this administration.

The nay sayers and corrupt skulldudggers are doing this because of the effective work she is doing. They want to weaken the President by picking off his key Ministers.
Re: The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by kingphilip(m): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Re: The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by adekolaelect(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
But people avoid this page ?
Re: The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by Dreambeat: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
The discuss is not whether she is entitled to an exemption or not, the discuss is why she forged an NYSC exemption certificate.
Re: The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by GworoChewinMaga: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
[s]
Slayer1914:
THE"GOTCHA" HYPOCRISY AGAINST MINISTER KEMI ADEOSUN:

More facts are emmerging about the "saga" of the manufactured hypocritic saga of "forged exemption certificate" against Minister Kemi Adeosun.

Make no Mistake about it. This is political skulldudggery.

Corruption is indeed fighting back because, as Dr. Ngozi Iweal-Okonjo elloquently put it in her recent book, in Nigeria, "Fighting corruption is dangerous"

Unlike what some make it out to be, Minister Kemi Adeosun did not "skip" doing NYSC as some would make it seem.

She was not born in Nigeria. She did not go to school in Nigeria.

She was Born in 1967 in London to Nigerian Parents.

She attended her Primary, Secondary and University in the UK; And only came to work in Nigeria (Private sector) for the first time in 2002 at the age of 35 years old.

She went into political appointive Service (Ogun State Commisioner of Finance in 2011) at the age of 44 years.

If she is not entitled to exemption? Then there is something terribly wrong with our system.

We are in effect telling all men and women born to Nigerian parents in the Diaspora to come back to Nigeria for NYSC, or they should forget ever thinking about coming to the homeland of their parents to work!

It does not make sense.

She attended her Primary, Secondary and University in London; Started her career at 22 years Immediately after finishing her University Education.

Is it a reasonable expectation to expect a 22 year old to come to an unfamiliar country - because it is the land of the birth of his/her parents? - Even if at that point such a person has no firm plan to come to Nigeria to work?

I strongly argue that she is entitled to exemption from the NYSC. Absent that, then it means we are foreclosing from participation, a large swath of potentially valuable skill set endowed people. It would be foolish.

I know for sure my American Born son will never consider coming to work in Nigeria at the age of 22 years old. But I am very optimistic that with more maturity, he will see the value of coming to pitch tent back home.

Especially if the security situation and evonomy improves.

Therefore, in my opinion, the talk of Minister Adeosun "skipping NYSC" should not even arise. She did not skip NYSC.

She is entitled to be "exempted"

Now, having disposed of that, the only issue in this matter to my mind that need thrashing is: "was her exemption Certificate 'forged' "?

In answer to that, I make bold to say we do not know at this point.

But, I am willing to go on a limb to say "No. She did not forge an 'exemption' certificate".

It does not even make sense to do so. And if she does, I will consider her very very foolish in doing so.

Most likely scenario is this: She appropriately sought exemption. And because of her (or someone's) influence, somebody facilitated the exemption.

Now weither the right signature was appended to the certificate or not cannot be her burden to shoulder. She should not, in all fairness, be held accountable for something she did not do.

If she went to a printer and printed a fake exemption certificate and passes it around as her exemption certificate, then a prima faciae case of "Forgery" can be made against the Minister.

But to allege forgery against somebody who presumably applied for and got a bonafide exemption certificate issued from out of the NYSC is, to say the least uncharitable; And shows our proclivity to run down those working hard to correct the distortions in our body politic and economy.

The most important thing to me is a bonafide certificate issued from out of NYSC. She is not responsible for who signed it.

For those who are out with the "crusify her" pitch forks, how many of you are sure that your NYSC certificate was signed by appropriately designated NYSC official?

Have you check?

For me, i just collected mine and left. I have no guarantees that the appended signature was that of the appropriately designated Official.

This is NYSC discharge certificate. Talkless an exemption certificate

How is she supposed to know that her NYSC exemption Certificate has appended to it the signature of the "wrong" official?

Mind you, like I alluded earlier, the position some are taking on this matter is, in effect, foreclosing the possibility of children born to Nigerians in the diaspora from ever coming to work in or for Nigeria in the later stages of their lives.

Do we want to travel that route just to score cheap political points? Or do we want to keep the possibility that some of these Men and Women born to us in the Diaspora can some day come and contribute to our nation's developement?

Finally and in closing. Minister Adeosun should never ever resign. She is one of the most effective Ministers in this administration.

The nay sayers and corrupt skulldudggers are doing this because of the effective work she is doing. They want to weaken the President by picking off his key Ministers.
[/s]

The Presidency in conjunction with Tinubu are behind Kemi-Gate.

The Presidency wants her out over the PMS subsidy fraud.

Tinubu has since nominated her replacement. Tinubu was given the privilege of nominating her soon to be successor to placate him ahead of 2019 elections.

The woman can not be described as a victim as she is equally corrupt rather see her as a sacrificial lamb offered by both the Cabal over her handling of the FAAC disagreement stemming from NNPC "under-recovery" fraud and greedy ass Tinubu who wants to both upstage Amosun and have a stooge at the Ministry of Finance.

She is a victim of APC hypocrisy and Afonja betrayal - but that doesn't stop the fact that she forged an NYSC exemption certificate.

1 Like

Re: The"gotcha" Hypocrisy Against Minister Kemi Adeosun: by Curlieweed: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
Slayer1914:
THE"GOTCHA" HYPOCRISY AGAINST MINISTER KEMI

I don’t support the rush to judgement. Forgery is a very serious crime and an especially troubling accusation against a public official guarding the country’s purse strings. While we should avoid reckless allegations, the authorities should be encouraged to expeditiously investigate the issue and come up with some findings.

I don’t support the NYSC scheme because it is elitist as only tertiary graduates are eligible. Other countries have age based national service schemes. However, the excuse you gave above is specious. If she could not come to an “ unfamiliar “ country at 22 for national service, then she had no business coming to work in the same country as a senior public official.

In some countries, if you neglect national service because you were born abroad, you could be arrested at the port of entry if you decide to enter as a citizen.

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Apoints Ngozi Okonjo Iwea To Board Of Directors / Rapc: Promises Of Oil Well, Automatic Tickets Won't Stop Our Leaders / Bukola Saraki Reacts To His Invitation By Police IG Over The Offa Robbery, Hints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.