Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

"Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother (1871 Views)

My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar. / Gabriel Segun Ajayi Dies, Was Married To 50-year-old Russian Woman / Lady Announced Her Sister Was Missing But She Was Busy In The Bedroom With Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
On Monday, news broke online about a man, Raphael Udoye who cried out to the general public that his 17 year old sister, Blessing Udoye has been kidnapped by a man whom he claimed to be the girl's husband.

According to Raph, the man married his sister without the family's consent, without paying her dowry and other traditional marriage rites. He further stated that the man will never be accepted by the family as their in-law and in case anything happens to the sister in the future, he will never escape his wrath.

He also added that none of the bride's family members attended the wedding, because they were never in support of the marriage which took place in one of the new generational churches, Fishers of Men Charismatic Church, in Isiokpo, Ideato North LGA of Imo State.

According to investigation conducted by Xperiang.com, the facts uncovered have labelled Raphael Udoye an alleged liar and attention seeker.

Speaking with Blessing's other brother, Benneth, the bride's family members, both her parents were present at the wedding and which can be proven from the pictures below.

Though, Bennett confirmed that, there was an initial disagreement before the wedding, because the groom's family went ahead to print wedding cards without informing the bride's family first. But the matter was resolved after the groom's father came to their village house and apologised to them, stating their reasons for taking such actions without informing them. So the bride's family members forgave them after understanding their reasons, excluding Raphael who is still bitter that his sister is still young for marriage

Below is Bennett's statement
"This is from her Brother, I am her biological brother. It's just that the pastor said that they are the one to handle their wedding anniversary. We all agreed because they agreed to bring all the traditional requirements & the man in question is not a member of fishers of men, but he agreed to Wed in the girls church. When they concluded that, the groom printed their wedding cards without our concern. Before that, I rushed to their pastor and I asked him why will they do such without our concern. He replied me that, it's their marriage constitution. After that, I told him to cancel the wedding card because they have to let us know before they do anything concerning the marriage ceremony and ME,OUR FATHER, & MY BROTHER told him that the marriage date have to be postponed. He replied us that they have shared some of the invitation cards, that we should please forgive them. Later, the following day in the morning, the father of the man arrived our compound, after that, our father called me & my brother Raphael, when we came out, he told us that he is the father of the boy anf he also begged us for forgiveness and also told us that the girls pastor is the one that told them to do so, after all that we and our father was very angry. Later, our father told us to forgive them because they agreed to do all the marriage requirement, but after that, I didn't know that my brother has never forgive them. Please this is how it happened"

Below is the post Bennett made on Facebook

"De Raph Man please hide your face, is this woman not your mother or is brocken bottle not your Father, you must apologize to the people of isiokpo and the entire public for the atrocity you committed. If you are mentally ill, why not come to the village for urgent treatment than making yourself a general fool."

Below are pictures of Blessing's family members and her parents. You can also see the bride's brother shaking hands with the groom.

Source
Xperiang.com-Blesings-brother-reveal-the-truth

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by chii8(f): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
Inukwa akuko uwa.

We don hear

2 Likes

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Odikwa egwu
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Odikwa egwu
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
I understand Ralph's bitterness, but taking it to social media, twisting the truth and humiliating the entire family is not the way to go.

I wonder why the family gave the girl away so early. The mind boggles

3 Likes

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by baby124: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
She did have her parents consent after all. The real brother has also surfaced. What is wrong with social media people? You have to be absolutely insane to assume another family’s identity just to shame them. Na wa o. Sorry to the bride and groom for the embarrassment. Even though I think she’s quite young for marriage at 17.

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by okwabayi(m): 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
The man is probably an angry ex.
I could smell a response to this story coming from a mile away.

Front page things. Where are those moderators?

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
Exactly, what matters is that the girl is happy, though she is still young for marriage
baby124:
She did have her parents consent after all. The real brother has also surfaced. What is wrong with social media people? You have to be absolutely insane to assume another family’s identity just to shame them. Na wa o. Sorry to the bride and groom for the embarrassment. Even though I think she’s quite young for marriage at 17.
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by ahnie: 2:31am On Jul 12, 2018
Toyota LAND CRUISER and Toyota camry lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 4:19am On Jul 12, 2018
grin
ahnie:
Toyota LAND CRUISER and Toyota camry lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by Sijo01(f): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2018
ahnie:

Pencil light camry undecided
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by divinelove(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ishilove:
I understand Ralph's bitterness, but taking it to social media, twisting the truth and humiliating the entire family is not the way to go.

for poverty alleviation

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2018
Ishilove:

A girl being married at 18 is not too early my Dear sister. In fact, some of our mothers were married at earlier age. @18 one is considered an adult that is old enough to make certain decisions in life (that's why 18 years olds are allowed to vote and be voted for in the Western world) and Marriage shouldn't be an exception.

What we should be concerned about is that both parties in the marriage live in happiness and tranquility in their new home.

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2018
divinelove:

for poverty alleviation
How did you come to this conclusion when from the photos the groom doesn't appear like a wealthy guy
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by divinelove(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
How did you come to this conclusion when from the photos the groom doesn't appear like a wealthy guy

poverty and wealth get level, he may not be wealthy but better off bc at least basic human needs will be guaranteed with him
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2018
divinelove:

poverty and wealth get level, he may not be wealthy but better off bc at least basic human needs will be guaranteed with him
How did you come to the conclusion that he's better off her family? How do you come to conclusion that the marriage will improve the family's economic worth? Please, let's speak from informed position instead of making jaundiced judgement.

Marrying at 18 isn't strange, it has been happening since our fathers and mothers era.

If an 18 years old can be presumed to make an informed decision to vote and decide the destiny of a society, if an 18 years old is deemed matured enough to hold political office advanced nation, if some societies could crown an 18 years old monarch, if an 18 years old is deemed matured enough to reach/cross age of consent, what is now surprising for an 18 years old to take decision to get married?

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by divinelove(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
How did you come to the conclusion that he's better off her family? How do you come to conclusion that the marriage will improve the family's economic worth? Please, let's speak from informed position instead of making jaundiced judgement.

Marrying at 18 isn't strange, it has been happening since our fathers and mothers era.

If an 18 years old can be presumed to make an informed decision to vote and decide the destiny of a society, if an 18 years old is deemed matured enough to hold political office advanced nation, if some societies could crown an 18 years old monarch, if an 18 years old is deemed matured enough to reach/cross age of consent, what is now surprising for an 18 years old to take decision to get married?

will u give out your 18 yrs old out for marriage? she is definitely too young and unprepared for marriage. she barely understands what she is getting herself into.

comparing Nigeria with advanced countries is senseless in this case BC at 18 a girl that grew up in America had more exposure and education n probably working better off than even 26 yrs old in Nigeria.

The only acceptable reason for this marriage is poverty alleviation. mere observation tells you the girl is even malnourished like wise her family members, u may not recognized her after 2yrs of marriage when she is well fed.

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by Ishilove: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

A girl being married at 18 is not too early my Dear sister. In fact, some of our mothers were married at earlier age. @18 one is considered an adult that is old enough to make certain decisions in life (that's why 18 years olds are allowed to vote and be voted for in the Western world) and Marriage shouldn't be an exception.

What we should be concerned about is that both parties in the marriage live in happiness and tranquility in their new home.
You are quite correct, although technically the girl is still 17, not 18.

However, in all sincerity will you give out your 18 year old daughter for marriage?

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2018
Ishilove:

However, in all sincerity will you give out your 18 year old daughter for marriage?

And to a 40 year old at that?
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
divinelove:

will u give out your 18 yrs old out for marriage? she is definitely too young and unprepared for marriage. she barely understands what she is getting herself into.

comparing Nigeria with advanced countries is senseless in this case BC at 18 a girl that grew up in America had more exposure and education n probably working better off than even 26 yrs old in Nigeria.

The only acceptable reason for this marriage is poverty alleviation. mere observation tells you the girl is even malnourished like wise her family members, u may not recognized her after 2yrs of marriage when she is well fed.
Again, let's not be sentimental my brother!

Aisha Buhari was 18/19 when she got married to over 40 years old Buhari, she is the daughter of a prominent monarch in Adamawa and an elite class in her own right. She married a man that lost his job and wasn't on military pension yet Will you say she married to escape poverty? Was it not economical viable to remain with her parents than then Buhari? Isn't their marriage successful? Did it stop her from being educated? Would you say she was immature?

Late President Yar'adua married Turai when she was 18, did it stop her life?

How old was Omotola Jolade when she got married?

How old were some of our mothers when they got married? A lot of them married as teenagers. Would you now say they weren't matured enough? Who is even matured enough BTW?

An 18 year old is a full woman and one being married at that age is not foolishness if it is really her desire.

On your question; Will I give out my 18 years old daughter to marriage? Absolutely Yes! I am convinced she is matured mentally, emotionally prepared and the man in question is responsible and within a certain age limit. Though it will be a hard decision...

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2018
Ishilove:

My Dear, when my elder sister was 18 she had this mother-figure, I saw her as a "woman" and one who is matured.

Now I have younger sisters that are 27, 26, 24 and 18, but guess what? I still see them as my "kid" sisters even though they are technically no longer kids though they are my younger sisters.

The point I'm trying to make is that we view maturity relative to age from relative lenses.

My wish/desire is for my daughters to get married in their early youth (20-25) to caring and loving men and blossom like flowers. If however, they decide to get married earlier (18-19), I'll consent to it as long as I am convinced they are emotionally prepared for it and the men they are settling with are responsible enough and of reasonable age.

2 Likes

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by ahnie: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2018
oyb:

And to a 40 year old at that?
He has down graded his age to 33yrs sir! grin
Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by Triniti(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ndi ara! This old groom should be flogged 85 strokes of cane for abusing a minor

1 Like

Re: "Raphael Udoye Is A Liar, My Sister Was Married Accordingly" - Bride's Brother by NgoziLovelyn(f): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin
Triniti:
Ndi ara! This old groom should be flogged 85 strokes of cane for abusing a minor

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits / How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? / Remember Femi's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.