Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars (3138 Views)

"Alabosi" - Nigerians Blast Mercy Aigbe For Praising Toyin Abraham's Ex-husband / AY, Falz, Jim Iyke And Ramsey Nouah Hang Out On Set Of "Yoruba Demons" (Photos) / Ramsey Nouah And His Customized Range Rover Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by fabinfos(f): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2018
Few weeks after Ramsey Nouah praised Old Nollywood actors for their unbroken focus and talent, another Nollywood actor has come after him.

While promoting his latest movie, Crazy People, Ramsey Nouah said he misses Nollywood of the 90s becasue they are vibrant and talented unlike the new breed of Nollywood actors flooding the market with little or no talent.

Well Kate Henshaw believes such statement that is capable of causing division in the entertainment industry should be condemned.

Here is what she said in an interview recently:

“I don’t get this argument or shade about Old Nollywood vs New Nollywood…Nollywood is Nollywood. This is the same divisive trend that breeds disharmony in the nation. Nollywood started somewhere… so did Hollywood.”

Although she didn’t mention Ramsey Nouah’s name in the interview, it was Ramsey Nouah who first brought up the old vs New Nollywood issue.

http://kikiotolu.com/kate-henshaw-shades-ramsey-nouah-for-praising-old-nollywood-stars/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Nackzy: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2018
At least they tried then
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Skyfornia(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2018
Two Agbayas
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by itspzpics(m): 8:14am On Jul 12, 2018
Mtcheww
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by xtravanganza: 8:37am On Jul 12, 2018
our society will not accept stupid comparism... Respect is mutual...
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2018
She's might just be trying to find fault in him. I don't really see what's so aggravating in what he said that would deserves a response

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Dammylois(f): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2018
Old nollywood where we could easily see a movie with our Elders without acting dumb when a sex scene pops up like we have today

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
The movies of today are too fake. With bleached skin actors and fake accents as the number one requirements for roles. They've lost the naturalness, originality and true africanness of the oldies. The 90s and early 20s were far better

7 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by bigcee(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nnaabros:
The movies of today are too fake. With bleached skin actors and fake accents as the number one requirements for roles. They've lost the naturalness, originality and true africanness of the oldies. The 90s and early 20s were far better
Very Intelligent comment.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Shakushaku1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nnaabros:

Abeg ya liver too complete, sensible comment

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Trendy247: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
Her V don dey scratch her o
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Lavidalocaa(f): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nnaabros:
Affirmative

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by AgentGoat: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Must this one talk

Nollywood of late 90s and early 00 were dope as fuvk.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by ibori1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
shocked

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by safarigirl(f): 12:29am On Jul 13, 2018
When you watch old movies like Igodo, State of Emergency, even A Cry For Help, you will understand what acting truly is.

Not today when everyone is trying to compete on who sounds the most foreign. When last did Nollywood have a great epic movie like Ijele or Staff of Odo? When last did they do an action movie like Most Wanted that had an all female gang? Or even a musical as beautiful as Tears in Heaven?

Till today, people still sing "I wan tell you something about wetin God dey do o, I wan tell yoi say about the love of God....". Almost 18 years after. People still remember " You and I will live as one" from Conspiracy, even "Ugo shave me..
." is a classic. Look at comedy like Osuofia in London, you can watch that movie today and you will still laugh till you can't breathe.

There is no originality in today's Nollywood. Those people are just trying to copy Hollywood movies and the outcomes are both embarrassing and ridiculous. When you think of nonsense like Banana Island Ghost, Royal Hibiscus Hotel, Weekend Getaway and other such failed attempts at some American-style movie, you see that Nollywood has lost it.

If they have run out of ideas, what is wrong with remakes of those old movies that actually drew true emotions from people? Why are they forcing themselves to be more American than the Americans?

And the sad thing is that the Ramsey Noah that is critiquing today's Nollywood is part of the group of "I must fune" that is acting nonsense. That useless Crazy People he acted, is one of the most idiotic movies you can find today

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by brixton: 2:59am On Jul 13, 2018
He is definitely right... I sometimes go on YouTube to look for old Nigerian movies, there was a day I relaxed through the movie ‘old school’ with Sam Loco and Mama G. Who has time to watch 90% talentless new Nollywood?
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by KingLennon(m): 4:28am On Jul 13, 2018
I agree with him on this, the originality and the concept in the old movies is not there again. But we should not despise the new generation. There are also trying their best...
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:41am On Jul 13, 2018
safarigirl:
When you watch old movies like Igodo, State of Emergency, even A Cry For Help, you will understand what acting truly is.

Not today when everyone is trying to compete on who sounds the most foreign. When last did Nollywood have a great epic movie like Ijele or Staff of Odo? When last did they do an action movie like Most Wanted that had an all female gang? Or even a musical as beautiful as Tears in Heaven?

Till today, people still sing "I wan tell you something about wetin God dey do o, I wan tell yoi say about the love of God....". Almost 18 years after. People still remember " You and I will live as one" from Conspiracy, even "Ugo shave me..
." is a classic. Look at comedy like Osuofia in London, you can watch that movie today and you will still laugh till you can't breathe.

There is no originality in today's Nollywood. Those people are just trying to copy Hollywood movies and the outcomes are both embarrassing and ridiculous. When you think of nonsense like Banana Island Ghost, Royal Hibiscus Hotel, Weekend Getaway and other such failed attempts at some American-style movie, you see that Nollywood has lost it.

If they have run out of ideas, what is wrong with remakes of those old movies that actually drew true emotions from people? Why are they forcing themselves to be more American than the Americans?

And the sad thing is that the Ramsey Noah that is critiquing today's Nollywood is part of the group of "I must fune" that is acting nonsense. That useless Crazy People he acted, is one of the most idiotic movies you can find today
Spoke well simply the truth can't say it any better
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by phemmyfour: 5:54am On Jul 13, 2018
Dammylois:
Old nollywood where we could easily see a movie with our Elders without acting dumb when a sex scene pops up like we have today
Old nollywood where ghost will look left and right before crossing the road

Where Kanayo is synonymous to blood money

And Ramsey Noah the lover boy
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by nuelzy: 6:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Well... I dnt know much of the old films.. But i am sure ramsey noah is part of this present problem... He is too stiff in acting...
Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by englishmart(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2018
see how time flies.. Kate just dey pursue 50years, like say tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Shades Ramsey Nouah For Praising Old Nollywood Stars by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2018
safarigirl:

Absolutely true. I still remember those old classics like it was yesterday. That's how you know something that has real quality, people never forget them. Not the fakery they make these days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aju Mbaise.... #500 Now In Lagos Call Us / Between Linda Ikeji And Remy Ma, Who Rocked This Dress Better? / "I Will Relocate If You Don't Come To Nigeria In Time": Zlatan To Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.