Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus (36485 Views)

EPL: Why Ronaldo’s Move To Man City Collapsed Before Joining United / Tuchel Laments Ronaldo’s Move To Man Utd: He Will Make Life Harder For Us / What Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus Will Do To Barcelona’s Messi – Ciro Ferrara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by Icon79(m): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
Quite an obscene amount of money on an overrated ageing player.

Like I posted on the BBC website; The real big winners in this whole Cristiano Ronaldo shenanigan is Real Madrid. Perez scored a big coup selling a player on his last throes for such a huge amount of money. As for Juve, they can win Serie A as usual but I don't see them winning the Champions league. Bottom line, Cristiano won't make Juve that much better ...he can't perform without the likes of Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro doing all the work

I'm pretty sure this is not a great deal for all the other Italian clubs, and I still don't see how Juve get that much out of it; they win the title (serie A) every year anyway and do well in the CL. There are only 3 clubs big enough to feed Ronaldo's ego Man Utd , Barca and Real Madrid. Unfortunately, Madrid don't want him any more and Barca doesn't need him. As per Man Utd, trust me, Jose Mourinho is too smart and too savvy a businessman to spend over $120m on an overrated and ageing player. And Mourinho should know better having coached Cristiano at Real Madrid, so he knows how overrated Cristiano really is. And you can quote me on that!

I think that Ronaldo will find like Neymar that nobody cares about the French or Italian leagues. All the world wide interest are on PL/La liga.

O pari
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by zinizta: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
madridguy:
I understand their point but CR7 worth it.

you dont understand the point...you have to be in their shoes to know how it feels...this is robbing peter to pay paul...

taking from Fiat to invest in Juventus without satisfying the employees first ... l'adugbo mi tin tin yo
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
TDonald:

That you have that meme on ya phone doesn't mean you must post it. Yeye pikin.
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by 147abbey(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
CR7

Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by iamnavy1: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
hassan4:
I posted this news first but Nairaland Mods prefer popular bloggers. Bullshit.

You deh mind them
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by jolarify4(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
maskid:

but they are the ones that bought him (like a slave) and will pay his wages every week
ten tanker of beer for you like a slave jesus
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
madridguy:
I understand their point but CR7 worth it.
Though I love PMB as a man, but people like you make it difficult for me to say what I feel and I am saying you are completely wrong on this.
Even though Ronaldo is a world beater I would rather want that the plights of the workers are looked into instead if this silly entertainment we praise people for.
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
weIMPORT:
As confirmed by an Italian trade union, workers at Fiat company will go on strike in response to Cristiano Ronaldo moving on a €105 million (£93 million) deal from Real Madrid to Juventus.

Report has it that some of the transfer fee for the Portuguese star is set to be paid through the Bianconeri’s parent company Exor, which in turn owns Fiat.

The deal has prompted an angry reaction from the automobile manufacturers affiliated with Unione Sindacale di Base, and it confirmed workers will walk out of the Melfi plant for two days:

“It’s unacceptable that while FCA and CNHI workers continue to make huge economic sacrifices, the company then spends hundreds of millions of euros on the purchase of a player.

“We’re told that times are tough, that we need to resort to social safety nets, waiting for the launch of new models, which never arrive. And while the workers and their families tighten their belts more and more, the company decides to invest a lot of money on a single human resource!

“… The company should invest in car models that guarantee the futures of thousands of people, rather than enriching only one. That should be the objective, a company that puts the interests of their employees first. If it isn’t, it’s because they prefer the world of football, entertainment and everything else

“For the reasons described above, the Unione Sindacale di Base has declared a strike at FCA Melfi between 10 p.m. on Sunday, July 15 and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 17.”

As reported by Patricia Terroba of Marca, the Agnelli family, who have a 63.77 per cent stake in Juventus, also own 29.8 per cent of the conglomerate that Fiat and Ferrari are part of.

Juventus owner Andrea Agnelli “resorted to Fiat to finance the ‘Cristiano Operation,’ and as soon as they found that it was feasible thanks to the funds of the group, they said yes to the Portuguese.”

https://lailasnews.com/company-workers-threaten-strike-in-italy-over-ronaldos-move-to-juventus/

This is totally unfair na! how would these persons feel if they were the ones going through what these workers are going through.

What Ronaldo contributes to humanity through football is minimal compared to what these workers are putting in.
We shouldn't rob Peter to pay Paul and call it a good deal because of entertainment?
We no day reason?
Will anyone of you who supports this move be please if their company pays an hefty some of money to WizKid for monthly entertainment why the makers of the money are told to be patient because it will boost the image of the company.
Will any sensible person accept this?
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by TDonald: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
EricIyke:

That you have that meme on ya phone doesn't mean you must post it.
Yeye pikin.

Your Papa dey craze

1 Like

Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by MensIssuesNg: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
Unfair to the workers.
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by cexodele(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Oh Lord there is nothing too difficult for you to do please make me a super star
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by stevoskyj(m): 7:59am On Jul 13, 2018
maskid:

but they are the ones that bought him (like a slave) and will pay his wages every week

Bro u no understand, the statistics is mathematical while ur reaction is mere English language
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by babakb: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2018
Icon79:
Quite an obscene amount of money on an overrated ageing player.

Like I posted on the BBC website; The real big winners in this whole Cristiano Ronaldo shenanigan is Real Madrid. Perez scored a big coup selling a player on his last throes for such a huge amount of money. As for Juve, they can win Serie A as usual but I don't see them winning the Champions league. Bottom line, Cristiano won't make Juve that much better ...he can't perform without the likes of Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro doing all the work

I'm pretty sure this is not a great deal for all the other Italian clubs, and I still don't see how Juve get that much out of it; they win the title (serie A) every year anyway and do well in the CL. There are only 3 clubs big enough to feed Ronaldo's ego Man Utd , Barca and Real Madrid. Unfortunately, Madrid don't want him any more and Barca doesn't need him. As per Man Utd, trust me, Jose Mourinho is too smart and too savvy a businessman to spend over $120m on an overrated and ageing player. And Mourinho should know better having coached Cristiano at Real Madrid, so he knows how overrated Cristiano really is. And you can quote me on that!

I think that Ronaldo will find like Neymar that nobody cares about the French or Italian leagues. All the world wide interest are on PL/La liga.

O pari

Cr7 Critics always in denial, they say Modrid, Kroos, Marcelo and Casmero are the ones doing the job for Cr7 yet Cr7 has more Assists than them infact Cr7 has the highest Assists in UCL history and Real Madrid history yet they say he is overated.

Cr7 is UCL top scorer for 6 consecutive seasons yet they say he is overated.

Cr7 has more individual awards than any other player in history yet they say he is overated.

May be you guys know better than Pele and Maradona that call Cr7 the champion.
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
TDonald:

Your Papa dey craze
Na people wey there papa dey craze dey talk that thing.
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by TDonald: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
EricIyke:

Na people wey there papa dey craze dey talk that thing.

For your life, no quote this moniker again

Bastard

1 Like

Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 15, 2018
TDonald:

For your life, no quote this moniker again
Bastard

Ode! No be you first quote Me?
Re: Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus by ItzWilly(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Angelb4:
Dem don dey miss fine boy already.
When will you ever have sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) / Nigerians Confused As Kizz Daniel, CKay Miss 2022 World Cup Opening Ceremony / Bruno Fernandes 'set For Man Utd Medical' After Transfer Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.