Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland (5185 Views)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Another issue or clarification

A factory manual will never teach you how to repair a bad engine or a bad transmission.

It will give you an exploded view of both...however the intricacies of repairing both demand or require specialized training dedicated specifically to that....I guess that is what is meant by card level versus component level repairs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/amp9949059/mercedes-r63-amg-owner-completes-diy-engine-rebuild-dealer-said-it-would-cost-dollar57000/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.teslarati.com/salvaging-tesla-model-s/amp/
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoTechNG: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/amp9949059/mercedes-r63-amg-owner-completes-diy-engine-rebuild-dealer-said-it-would-cost-dollar57000/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.teslarati.com/salvaging-tesla-model-s/amp/

I still maintain....the factory manual contains instructions for checking electronic circuits...it does not teach electricity or electronics, does it teach ohms law and the rest of the calculations? Nope...that background can be pretty useful

The factory manual contains dissembly instructions for the engine...and maybe the transmission...does it teach how to repair or rebuild a torque converter or a valve body? It will tell you to replace a bad torque converter and a bad valve body...people repair those and offer them for sale as certified refurbished with warranty, people take apart transmissions and replace components that were weak from the factory with stronger ones, did they learn those from the factory manual...I hope you see my point now

Secondly, the factory service manual is targeted at professionals, it does not mean a DIY can't use it, the difference is what the DIY will not appreciate the professional will
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoElectNG: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2018

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Take note of the background of the Telsa guy

Computers, electronics, that's exactly my background as well

Not everyone can attempt this
I talked about the background earlier on. The person has to be mechanical and electrical savvy.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoElectNG: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

I talked about the background earlier on. The person has to be mechanical and electrical savvy.

Thanks for the link...I have always loved the R Series, I am now determined to get one.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoElectNG: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
I went through some portions of the thread...is there a reason why the manufacturer tells the dealer to replace something as an assembly when just a part, and not the entire assembly is bad...I found an interesting comment on the thread hence this question

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2018
AutoElectNG:
I went through some portions of the thread...is there a reason why the manufacturer tells the dealer to replace something as an assembly when just a part, and not the entire assembly is bad...I found an interesting comment on the thread hence this question
It's just to make more money and rip people off. The dealership is ran as a business to make a profit and expect them to always take the most expensive sides to repairs.
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoElectNG: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

It's just to make more money and rip people off. The dealership is ran as a business to make a profit and expect them to always take the most expensive sides to repairs.

There is another explanation...not saying your explanation is out of order...Will update this post with it later
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by AutoElectNG: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by sultaan(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
Triniti:
what he said there is the truth, my friends younger brother who finished from gtc onitsha five years ago had an encounter recently, he’s good with conduit wiring and house hold electrical engineering works. He has worked for banks,hotels and other multinationals with just secondary school education. They called him for wiring work in one of these companies in Lagos, while he was doing his job, a Japanese manufacturing equipment was being installed in the said company with a Japanese technician who flew in from Tokyo. Why they were installing it, by accident they damaged the powering system, the Japanese guy tried everything within the book to repair that machine to no avail,he was cofused that he had to call his home company about the damage, they instructed him to put the machine back in the container so that it can be shipped back to Japan . My friends kid bro was told to stop work, he demanded to know why and was told that about the damage to the machine , he demanded to see it, saw the extent of the damage, told the manager that he can repair it and they started laughing at him, he requested for some amount of money with which he want down to Alaba, bought some components, returned back fixed it did some electrical abracadabra, on the machine and it started working, the Japanese was marveled by what he did, was asking him which school abroad did he graduate from.........bottom line, dude is in Japan now, never underestimate the talent we have here in Nigeria

Nigerian high school graduate performing miracle I bet his Ssce results was as good as his miracles. Stop coming up with hearsay stories to to address a general situation.

That Porsche is probably still under warranty, and any tech working on it who has not been retrained in the last 8 years will scratch his head. A lot of the new cars now are dealership specialty tools only because most independent shops don't have them. Imagine spending $8,000 on a tool you can only use on a brand. There few independent shops in the US that will take on that car for liability reasons. .

Our people are smart but the tools required for modern cars is not easily within reach. You see a shop with old Toyotas and one new Porsche and you know something is out of place. If you see a lot of newer cars then you understand the clientele.

Take a look at Pine hollow Auto diagnostics on YouTube he has a simple way of solving complicated issues and mechanics call him to solve these problems.

FSM is not for everyone but you will learn something new every time you use it, but YouTube is the easiest way to go because those TSB are sometimes triggered by issues on YouTube
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Triniti(m): 7:17am On Jul 16, 2018
sultaan:

Nigerian high school graduate performing miracle I bet his Ssce results was as good as his miracles. Stop coming up with hearsay stories to to address a general situation.

That Porsche is probably still under warranty, and any tech working on it who has not been retrained in the last 8 years will scratch his head. A lot of the new cars now are dealership specialty tools only because most independent shops don't have them. Imagine spending $8,000 on a tool you can only use on a brand. There few independent shops in the US that will take on that car for liability reasons. .

Our people are smart but the tools required for modern cars is not easily within reach. You see a shop with old Toyotas and one new Porsche and you know something is out of place. If you see a lot of newer cars then you understand the clientele.

Take a look at Pine hollow Auto diagnostics on YouTube he has a simple way of solving complicated issues and mechanics call him to solve these problems.

FSM is not for everyone but you will learn something new every time you use it, but YouTube is the easiest way to go because those TSB are sometimes triggered by issues on YouTube
Shut your mouth if you can’t comprehend, stop showing your stupidity online. This a boy i have the opportunity to see and talk with on weekly basis, heck we are talking about a family that I have known for 23 years, I even had a drink with the elder brother yesterday and you think it’s hear say? His parents can afford his university education because his dad is late and mom a house wife...I was there when the Japanese guy met with his mom before he left for his country to help him process his papers, by the way didn’t you see where I wrote that he’s in Japan now? Are you the one that sent his there or is there something you failed to understand?

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by Triniti(m): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2018
Triniti:
Shut your mouth if you can’t comprehend, stop showing your stupidity online. This is a boy i have the opportunity to see and talk with on weekly basis, heck we are talking about a family that I have known for 23 years, I even had a drink with the elder brother yesterday and you think it’s hear say? His parents can’t afford his university education because his dad is late and mom a house wife...I was there when the Japanese guy met with his mom before he left for his country to help him process his papers, by the way didn’t you see where I wrote that he’s in Japan now? Are you the one that sent his there or is there something you failed to understand?
Re: Obafemi Martin's $350k Mansory Porsche Cayenne Spotted on the Mainland by asamwababy: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2018
please ignore the guy.

They re the types that derive joy in bringing others down on issues they know nothing about.

There is something called tool sharing which happens among auto repairers who major on luxury German vehicles in Nigeria.

Rather than acquiring all designated scanners for each vehicle brand, they purchase the ones they require dependent on their customer base.

If a less brand which they repair shows up, they will borrow from a partnered workshop or even seek help from them also in terms of repairs.

You need to understand the hardwork and dedication this not so ultramodern workshops devote to ensuring this luxury rides do not drive the owners crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Introducing YUKO Lubricating Oil... What Your Car Needs / I Need Your Advice Please! Best SUV To Buy In Nigeria / How Do I Calculate My Actual Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.