Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer (899 Views)

Human Beings Ought To Pray Always / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On May 13, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
■ Thank you Sister, she needs a Pastor to really teach her the Word. She see's herself as not worthy to pray to God her Father, dat means she doesn't have a prayer life, so how does she talk to God?
1. I see! You blatantly reject God's very own Word and Truth which clearly reveals that He does not answer prayers of the unrighteous as they are made filthy by their sins. Recall what Jesus Christ Himself said of those who reject God's teachings--- John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by ElijahIme1992(m): 11:32pm On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I see! You blatantly reject God's very own Word and Truth which clearly reveals that He does not answer prayers of the unrighteous as they are made filthy by their sins. Recall what Jesus Christ Himself said of those who reject God's teachings--- John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided
no I don't reject God's word, the problem is u don't understand it, do you believe in the Holy Spirit?

2 Likes

Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On May 13, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
■ no I don't reject God's word, the problem is u don't understand it,
■ do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
1. So in Isaiah 59 where God made clear that your sins made filthy all that is you to Him, you think rather than God, I made that up? undecided

Where in Isaiah 64, it clearly shows that Isaiah in fact said that sin is what makes filthy your good works, you think that I made that up instead? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are Holy are capable of having the Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23 - and since I am still seeking first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's Righteousness....I am not there yet to have Him. undecided

So, do you also reject what Jesus Christ said in this case as well? undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by correctguy101(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2023
pressplay411:
It's sad we now despise our only weapon, Prayer.
We seem to have lost faith is prayer, in God.
Me believe our success is about how much we know, how hard we work and the connections we have, the calibre of people we know. We believe our success is in our own hands.

Can we be blamed though?
But who is to blame?
Is it God? Does He not answer prayers? Did He not answer prayers in the bible? Does He select prayers?
Or do we blame ourselves? Do we not know how to pray?

Isaiah 59.1 - Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear

Of a truth, we despise prayers because we pray and do not see result, because we pray amiss. But Prayer is not the problem, neither is God. But we have not learnt How To Pray. Yet, He sent us the Holyspirit to help our infirmities, still we do not believe in the Holyspirit.

Romans 8.26 - Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Christ taught us how to pray. The Lord's Prayer is the manner in which God the Son, taught us to pray. But some of us think it is too basic, too elementary. We believe we are no longer babes, now we can pray better than our Lord. God forbid.

Let us examine the Lord's Prayer:
Is it a Selfish prayer?
Is it about our individual needs and wants?
Is it about praying for the striking down or death of any family member, neighbour or colleague?
The answer is No.

God is not a Selfish God. In fact, God despises selfishness. But most of our prayers are selfish.

You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. James 4:3

God wants us to show His likeness in our prayers. To show that our concern is for His Kingdom, for His people, for His will.

When we pray, let us pray for all.
We are not only included in ALL, we are blessed exceedingly abundantly beyond our expectations and imaginations because God knows what we need and want, even more than we ever could. And He has promised to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

You should be very excited by this promise, as I am. It is our Season of Celebrations and Gladness. Let's always come to His presence with Thanksgiving because of What He has done for us (Grace, Our Salvation, Justification, Liberty, Deliverance, Transformation, Santification, Victory, Wisdom) What He is doing for us (Abundant and All sufficient Grace to partake in His Divine Inheritance through Communion with the HolySpirit manifesting in Unspeakable Joy and Peace, as well as Enablement and Empowerment) and What He will do for us (More Grace, Manifestations of His Glory and privilege of His Workmanship to the fulfillment of His purpose and Will that His Kingdom will reign on earth as it is in Heaven and the Assurance and Promise of Heaven)

How do you know your prayer has been aswered?
Christ also taught how to pray in faith and forgiveness.
Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

We receive because we believe, because it is not a religious activity to us but an assurance made to us by Jesus Christ, our Lord amd Saviour. And our spirit bears us witness through an inexpressible joy and peace.

Prayer is our only weapon.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

"And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;”
Luke 18:1

Peace, Mercy and Grace unto us all in Jesus name. Amen.

I don't know all what your point is about but first at the bolded...

Show me a person who knows a lot, works hard, has connections everywhere and knows people of high caliber that is not successful... shocked cool

Unless, you're speaking of spiritual success, goan Siddon oga grin
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by pressplay411(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2023
correctguy101:

I don't know all what your point is about but first at the bolded...

Show me a person who knows a lot, works hard, has connections everywhere and knows people of high caliber that is not successful... shocked cool

Unless, you're speaking of spiritual success, goan Siddon oga grin

Learn to respect people's right to have an opinion, whether or not you agree with them.

And if you have any disagreement, express it with some level of civility.
You don't even know me, yet you chose to be rude.

1 Like

Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by pressplay411(m): 5:49am On May 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So in Isaiah 59 where God made clear that your sins made filthy all that is you to Him, you think rather than God, I made that up? undecided

Where in Isaiah 64, it clearly shows that Isaiah in fact said that sin is what makes filthy your good works, you think that I made that up instead? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are Holy are capable of having the Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23 - and since I am still seeking first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's Righteousness....I am not there yet to have Him. undecided

So, do you also reject what Jesus Christ said in this case as well? undecided

Your liberty is in 2 Corinthians 3.14-18

"But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

All your questions will be answered the day you honour and receive Him.
Grace and Peace be with you.

1 Like

Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by delkuf(m): 7:29am On May 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, there are two Spirits. The first is the Spirit of Life aka Eternal Life also the one who sinners born of when we become born-again. Then you have the Spirit of Truth aka the Holy Spirit who only inhabits those who are Holy/Perfect vessels --- recall Jesus Christ urged His followers to become Holy even as God Himself is Holy --- worthy of God Himself. Both of them belong to God since they are the same Spirits that live inside of Jesus Christ-- the way, the Truth and the Life -- and they each serve different purposes in the life of His followers. undecided

So, how does this answer the questions I asked you? undecided
you term the holy spirit as eternal life. You don't know anything about the bible
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by delkuf(m): 7:36am On May 18, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
no I don't reject God's word, the problem is u don't understand it, do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
kobojunkies don't understand the word of God and won't accept others teaching, even if what they are saying is true
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 10:49am On May 18, 2023
delkuf:
you term the holy spirit as eternal life. You don't know anything about the bible
Actually I do know more than you ; that much I know. You see, in God's Old Covenant, the Spirit of Eternal Life is the Holy Spirit--- the Spirit earned by those who attain Holiness and this is the reason why John the Baptist, when He spoke of Jesus Christ, said Jesus Christ would come Baptizing with the Holy Spirit(the spirit of Eternal Life from John's perspective) and Fire(The Spirit of Truth).. undecided

Now switch over to the New Covenant, and you have that rather than the spirit of Eternal Life being the Holy Spirit, it is instead the Spirit of Truth that is granted those who have attained Holiness through the following of Jesus Christ- John 8 vs 31 - 38 & John 14 vs 15 - 26 - and this explains why Jesus Christ referred to the another(second) Helper, the Spirit of Truth, as the Holy Spirit in the context of John 14. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On May 19, 2023
delkuf:
■ you term the holy spirit as eternal life. You don't know anything about the bible
To those of the Old Covenant, the Spirit of Eternal Life, the one given by God only to those who attain Holiness through continuous submission and obedience of the Old Law is in fact the Holy Spirit.
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15
So, it should come as no surprise that John the Baptist referred to the Spirit of Eternal Life as the Holy Spirit in his message on Baptist onto Repentance — Matthew 3 vs 7 -11 & Mark 1 vs 1 -8 & Luke 3 vs 2 - 18 — whereas he uses "fire" to indicate the Second Helper, the Spirit of Truth. undecided

Jesus Christ, however, switched things up when by insisting in John 3 vs 1 - 21 that the Spirit of Eternal Life is, in fact, a gift given to all sinners who will believe in Him and become born-again— become citizens of the Kingdom of God. (The Spirit of Eternal Life is a passport required to enter into the Kingdom of God, and adoption of the New Covenant as the fountain of living water aka Constitution is equally required.) Then in John 14 vs 15 - 26, Jesus Christ revealed that Another helper — the Spirit of Truth— to, in fact, be the Holy Spirit to those who love Him — have attained Holiness through continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments - John 8 vs 31 - 33. undecided

Basically, Jesus Christ revealed that the title "Holy Spirit" isn't the same across every one of God's Laws. So, you see, to those of the Old Law, the Holy Spirit is and remains the Spirit of Eternal Life, whereas for those who are of the New Covenant, the identity of the Holy Spirit is different — the Spirit of Truth. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On May 19, 2023
pressplay411:
■ Your liberty is in 2 Corinthians 3.14-18...All your questions will be answered the day you honour and receive Him.
I take this to mean you don't have answers but your ego — which you refuse to let die— will not allow you admit this.. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by pressplay411(m): 6:36am On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I take this to mean you don't have answers but your ego — which you refuse to let die— will not allow you admit this.. undecided

Good morning/day to you.
Everyone has been answering you. In fact you have quoted the answers too.
However, you cannot understand it except by the revelation/understanding given only by the Spirit of Understanding.

Your pursuit for the Truth is good. Matthew 6:33
However, your heart/motive has to be right too.
Matthew 5 (Beatitudes) will help you sir.

1 Like

Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 6:54am On May 20, 2023
pressplay411:
■ Good morning/day to you. Everyone has been answering you. In fact you have quoted the answers too. However, you cannot understand it except by the revelation/understanding given only by the Spirit of Understanding. Your pursuit for the Truth is good. Matthew 6:33 However, your heart/motive has to be right too. Matthew 5 (Beatitudes) will help you sir.
1. So you are unable to directly broach the question asked. Claiming that by these off-point talks of yours, you have somehow answered the questions speaks only further solidifies my suspicions. You don't know nor have an answer to any of the questions asked. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by delkuf(m): 10:22am On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Actually I do know more than you ; that much I know. You see, in God's Old Covenant, the Spirit of Eternal Life is the Holy Spirit--- the Spirit earned by those who attain Holiness and this is the reason why John the Baptist, when He spoke of Jesus Christ, said Jesus Christ would come Baptizing with the Holy Spirit(the spirit of Eternal Life from John's perspective) and Fire(The Spirit of Truth).. undecided

Now switch over to the New Covenant, and you have that rather than the spirit of Eternal Life being the Holy Spirit, it is instead the Spirit of Truth that is granted those who have attained Holiness through the following of Jesus Christ- John 8 vs 31 - 38 & John 14 vs 15 - 26 - and this explains why Jesus Christ referred to the another(second) Helper, the Spirit of Truth, as the Holy Spirit in the context of John 14. undecided
show me a verse in the old testament that says the holy spirit is eternal life
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On May 20, 2023
delkuf:
show me a verse in the old testament that says the holy spirit is eternal life
In Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 28, God Himself explained that He would install 2 spirits inside of His people with the second one tasked with causing them to carefully obeying His commandments basically the seal of the Covenant. John the Baptist told you just that when He explained that Jesus Christ would come Baptizing with the Holy Spirit and Fire - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8 & Luke 3 vs 2 - 18. Jesus Christ Himself explained that He is The Way(that John was tasked with preparing), the Truth and the Eternal Life in John 14 vs 6. While explaining to you what it means to be born-again, the only Spirit mentioned by Jesus Christ was the Spirit of Eternal Life and Jesus Christ did not apply the term Holy to Him. Then in John 14 vs 15 - 26, Jesus Christ Himself told you that the Holy Spirit which is the another Helper you will be given by the Father is the Spirit of Truth. undecided
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by delkuf(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
In Ezekiel 36 vs 25 - 28, God Himself explained that He would install 2 spirits inside of His people with the second one tasked with causing them to carefully obeying His commandments basically the seal of the Covenant. John the Baptist told you just that when He explained that Jesus Christ would come Baptizing with the Holy Spirit and Fire - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8 & Luke 3 vs 2 - 18. Jesus Christ Himself explained that He is The Way(that John was tasked with preparing), the Truth and the Eternal Life in John 14 vs 6. While explaining to you what it means to be born-again, the only Spirit mentioned by Jesus Christ was the Spirit of Eternal Life and Jesus Christ did not apply the term Holy to Him. Then in John 14 vs 15 - 26, Jesus Christ Himself told you that the Holy Spirit which is the another Helper you will be given by the Father is the Spirit of Truth. undecided
So Ezekiel 36:25-28 explained that the holy spirit is eternal life as you claim. You problem is that you know and you don't want to learn. How does Ezekiel 36 explain that the holy spirit is eternal life Eternal life is the life of God given to us by God that give is the ability to life like Christ here on earth. Read John 3:14-15. Am out now, I will be giving more bible verses. Eternal life is the life of God
Re: Pray Always, Never Lose Hope In Prayer by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On May 20, 2023
delkuf:
So Ezekiel 36:25-28 explained that the holy spirit is eternal life as you claim.
■ You problem is that you know and you don't want to learn. How does Ezekiel 36 explain that the holy spirit is eternal life Eternal life is the life of God given to us by God that give is the ability to life like Christ here on earth. Read John 3:14-15. Am out now, I will be giving more bible verses. Eternal life is the life of God
1. I suggest you read the Scripture for yourself so you can better understand my previous post to you. undecided

2. So, I should completely abandon my one and only Teacher, Jesus Christ - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 -, in order that I can instead learn from you, a one who is not even certain of the God he claims to believe in? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why The KJV Is Still The Most Popular Bible Version / In Response To Reno Omokiri (ijebu-jebusite) - Proxillin / What All Black People Should Learn About Buddhism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.