Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3303 Views)

Cold Killed Two Friends In Jos / Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / In Pains! Your advice needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by MrJavaS: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
elmagnifico411:
Uncle, as the first guy have rightly commented, let your book be your best friend cos it never fails. Having said that, it's crystal clear that you're book smart, but, my guy, u need friends to make it through. U need the good ones, and even the bad ones.. as u pass through Uni, allow Uni to pass through u too, but maintain your stand in any issue u find yourself.

Me dey like guys that are book smart, outgoing, friendly, do movies, street wise, and sabi chop life once in a while. Trust me, u need these things, but firstly, use your first year and sophomore year build your GP, by then u go don balance well and can be like what I mentioned above, cos you'd sure need them when u eventually graduate and land your dream job.

Nowadays, companies no dey just higher guys wey be sey na only book them sabi oh. Be wise.
Thank you very much
Re: . by MrJavaS: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks to everyone who contributed.Though I wouldn't get to see immediate changes,at least there has been some improvement.

Acquaintances are now plentier
Re: . by Ezio17: 1:54pm On May 16, 2019
Be Gregarious
Re: . by Annwrites: 9:23pm On May 16, 2019
Just like you pointed out, 'isolation is dangerous.' And I understand that everyone needs to live a balanced life which includes having a social life.

Let me give you some quick tips:

- Join a club or an association.
- Attend conferences and summits.
- Be friendly with your course mates and offer to help them sometimes. Join in on conversation every now and then.
- Attend school functions I.e dinner, cultural nights, and others.

Lastly, try to smile always, show positive body languages, stay woke, dress well, avoid violent situations, avoid anything that jeopardizes your studies, peace of mind, and life principles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Raised My Hands To My Husband. Help / I Want To Marry A Lady Because Of Her Big Ass, Is That Ok? / Disturbing Video Of 9 Year Old Boy Attacking Toddlers At Daycare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.