Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny (637 Views)

No Nigerian Will Work Under Inhuman Conditions Again – Senate President, Akpabio / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. / Buhari Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny- Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny by habisolah: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
Few weeks after regaining freedom Senator representing the Abia South Senatorial District, Enyinnaya Abaribe, on Wednesday said President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is moving toward tyranny and must be stopped.

Abaribe stated this on the floor of the Senate while contributing to a motion on the alarming rise in cases of alleged human rights violation and consistent assault on provisions of the 1999 constitution by the Executive sponsored by Senator representing Niger East, David Umaru.

According to him, Nigeria is witnessing tough times under Buhari and people of good will must do everything possible to halt the trend.

“Nigeria today, we are in trouble under this particular regime and everything must be done to challenge this regime in the way they are going.

“They are going towards ensuring that peoples’ rights as enshrined in the constitution are taken away it is also our right under same constitution to demand enforcement of our fundamental human rights.

“Every morning I still have to go and report to the Department of State Services (DSS) and everyone is worried that when I go to report they (DSS) may say you have started again come in (i.e. getting me rearrested). I have a right to my opinion. I have a right to speak. I have a right to associate with whom I want. And I have a right to my freedom of expression and movement in and around this country,” he said.

He said the president has desecrated the hallow chambers of the National assembly such that people can no longer air their opinion because of the fear of arrest. For him it is better for legislator to pack and leave.

“If this hallow chamber is now turned in to an area where people can no longer speak their minds then, we may as well pack our loads and leave. In here we are supposed to say everything that is wrong and proffer solutions.”

“If you would recall Mr. President, I made a statement that democracy is dying in Nigeria, and this is how it starts. It starts with election and then the people gradually taking away your rights”.

Abaribe warned those siding the president to remember that nothing last forever, someday the table will go round.

“For those who are in this country, who think that they belong to a favoured side tomorrow will come”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXNjA83dmEo
Re: Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny by TimFisher2: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
undecided

You have said it all!

our democracy has been raped in and out

it is beyond irredeemable!
Re: Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny by papoudaupolos: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
100 million naira cry
Re: Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny by yarimo(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
ABARIBE all your views are here by noted but, that won't stop you from bringing NNAMDI KANU In court.
Re: Again, Senate Abaribe Blasts Buhari, Says Regime Drifting Towards Tyranny by Omeokachie: 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
True or false?

(1) (Reply)

APC Records N127million In Sales Of Forms To Osun Governorship Aspirants / 2019: Buhari Will Be Remembered For Bloodshed In Nigeria — Atiku / Yesterday, Baruteen Youth Blocked Saraki Team From Entering Their Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.