Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another (697 Views)

Convert Your Vehicle To Run On Cng / Lagos Plate Number Is Available / ABUJA PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE DOCUMENTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by seanaddy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
I urgently need information on how to get this done.

I sold my car (without the plate number, allocation of registration number, certificate of ownership and Lagos state vehicle license) and just got another registered car and I still want to use my own plate number as my registration doesn't expiré till March 2019.

Pls, anyone with an idea how I can get it done and also the cost implications.

Thank you.
Re: How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by Voltz1987: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Just unscrew it from the other car with a screw driver and screw it on the new 1....it will cos you just a simple screw driver of abt #150 and a bottle of lucozade boost #200 to replenish lost strenth .

1 Like

Re: How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by worldman(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2018
You be fool
Voltz1987:
Just unscrew it from the other car with a screw driver and screw it on the new 1....it will cos you just a simple screw driver of abt #150 and a bottle of lucozade boost #200 to replenish lost strenth .

1 Like

Re: How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by seanaddy(m): 1:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Voltz1987:

angry

U play too much kid

1 Like

Re: How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by DelTel(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
You need to take the registration documents with you to the Licensing Office to update the details of the new vehicle you just got. The registration up to March 2019 is lost actually & not useable again.

It's about #5k cheaper than getting a new plate.

The Proof of Ownership will be endorsed (back) with the new details and the other documents -allocation of number plate, vehicle license, CMR, etc- will be issued anew.

P.S: do not put the plate # on the vehicle you just got until you have done the necessary paperwork cos it's a criminal offence if done.

1 Like

Re: How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another by seanaddy(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2018
DelTel:
You need to take the registration documents with you to the Licensing Office to update the details of the new vehicle you just got. The registration up to March 2019 is lost actually & not useable again.

It's about #5k cheaper than getting a new plate.

The Proof of Ownership will be endorsed (back) with the new details and the other documents -allocation of number plate, vehicle license, CMR, etc- will be issued anew.

P.S: do not put the plate # on the vehicle you just got until you have done the necessary paperwork cos it's a criminal offence if done.

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate. I will do as advised.

(1) (Reply)

2003 Toyota Avalon Tokunbo For Sale / Sold...Neatly Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Truck With Auto Transmission #1m250k / 2012 Hyundai Ix35 For Sale @ 2.3m In Phc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.