Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring - Politics (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (300140 Views)

Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results: INEC Official Announcement Updates / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by PHILipu1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
brodalokie:

That's not how things work. Once he is there, he is the only authority there is.
It does not work like that all the time.
Oshiomole still control Obaseki like one house boy.
Most people Obaseki is working with now are boys picked by Oshiomole.

And this is what Ganduje of Kano refused to do that has turned him and Kwakwoso to cat and rat.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Righteousness89(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
peeps4u:
Era of ballot snatching again!!!
CAN U IMAGINE
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Johnnyessence(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
#LIVE
Retweeted PDP Youth Frontier (@PDPNYF):

11:15 am Ballot Box destroyed and votes scattered on the ground by thugs at Unit 4, Ward 3, Ikole East, Ikole LGA. Voters waiting patiently for inec to replace the destroyed ballot box for voting to continue. No ballot paper was taken.

#EkitiDecides

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by PHILipu1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2018
lwise:
Check this
Only fools and kids will believe such propaganda.
Try something else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by bakila: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
fairfora:
well, you're simply entitled to your opinion. I think the guy is right But let make something clear to you, fayose remains the best governor ever produced by Ekiti people and the facts are there. There's also no grassroot governor who understands his people like him. All the roads constructed by this guy when he first came are still there till today. I was shocked when he said he's not going to senate unlike other governors who would find their way into NA after their term expire. The state facilities constructed are there for people to see as well. I had my primary and secondary education in ekiti . I was born and brought up there so, I can tell you what you don't know about the state. The problem fayemi has is humongous. He's tinubu's boy. He was always consulting with the latter when he was governor and a few contracts awarded were being given to tinubu's appointees from Lagos, instead of giving same to Ekiti people. These guys would come, do a wishy-washy job and share the money. The ido-osi-ifaki road constructed by fayemi is in a sorry state now. It didn't even last 6 months before being eroded away. There's no election in Nigeria that isn't characterised by rigging, pls note. Fayemi and fayose rigged the last governorship elections only that fayose was smarter by working hard in the interior and hard-to reach places to canvass them for votes. Buhari's presidential election was also rigged massively in Kano and borno states, with the votes cast outnumbering the registered voters. Borno was counting millions of votes- a state devastated by boko haram with most of the voters resident in various idp camps.
I was reading with interest until when you wrote that votes counted in Kano was more than registered voters and Borno returned millions of votes. Please research the 2011 and 2015 results for Borno, the result was 500000 votes less while Kano has only about 60% turnout.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Sprumbabafather: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
frowland:

Good, so waitin come concern Igbo with PDP and APC? We Igbo are the cause of our problems.

*2003 we voted Yoruba and Ojukwu lost only won Calabar

*2007 we voted fulani man from same local Govt with Buhari (you all know his name) and Ojukwu lost woefully even lost calabar.

*2011 we voted for one man who pretended to be IGBO and did not vote for one funny Igbo man from Imo I think

*2015 same as 2011.

Now I noticed we dont even have a candidate but will vote a Fulani man from Adamawa.
Call us dellusional, thats the right word that fits us.

so says a sophisticated morroon grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Johnnyessence(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
ATTENTION PDP MEMBERS and FRIENDS!!!
Don't die in silence, when anyone is engaging in "see and buy" at your polling unit, say something, SHOUT and create a SCENE.
Force the Police to stop it, halt the vote buying process and make sure it doesn't work anymore!
The ones they've been able to buy can't make them win, we are leading across the state!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Patrioticooduan: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
Afamed:

Stop your deceit. Independent of Yoruba will not automatically translate Yoruba land to W.D neither the Yoruba will become Bill Gate or Mark Z over the night. Those clamouring for seccession in present day in Yoruba ;FFK are those who have been caged from furthering looting our national assets. Did you hear FFk saying anything about seccession why he was in Power over 16 in PDP?
Ogbeni what is your problem? When and where did I mention I like Fani Kayode? To you, everyone that support seceession is a PDP member? What has Buhari done to improve Nigeria since he became president in 2015? Your country is 60 years and has failed in every system.
Ogbeni get the hell out of my sight! Nobody's got time for your APC and PDP bullshi.te!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Ekiti360(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ekiti: INEC card reader rejects PDP’s Eleka’s PVC (video)

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-inec-card-reader-rejects-pdps-elekas-pvc-video/
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Jokerman(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
PHILipu1:
Funny to say that you don't know tomorrow.
You really think Fayose will allow this his puppet to see road if the guy win?

So Tinubu is not allowing Ambode to see road??

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Munzy14(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
butterflylion:

Then you are already a fool because you have also taken sides as you clearly said earlier.

FYI there is no middle ground in a supposed turmoil, only a fool wouldnt know this.

Its either you stand for what's right or what is wrong and that depends on what side you are standing and viewing from.

You can stop quoting me now.
Shut it please!. You have been sugar coating APC and fayemi here since morning like your life depends on it. Nigerians aren't daft anylonger. You think its old era where u can easily deceive people. The society is now a global village. Ekiti people are enlightened. allow them choose their destiny gaskia!.
Besides how many people av u quoted on this thread. Like APC like foot soldiers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by OlaoChi: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Afamed:

Stop your deceit. Independent of Yoruba will not automatically translate Yoruba land to W.D neither the Yoruba will become Bill Gate or Mark Z over the night. Those clamouring for seccession in present day in Yoruba ;FFK are those who have been caged from furthering looting our national assets. Did you hear FFk saying anything about seccession why he was in Power over 16 in PDP?
. Yes ffk has been clamouring for Odùduwà republic for years even when PDP was in power

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/161006-goodbye-nigeria-welcome-oduduwa-republic-by-femi-fani-kayode.html
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Sprumbabafather: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Ogbeni what is your problem? When and where did I mention I like Fani Kayode? To you, everyone that support seceession is a PDP member? What has Buhari done to improve Nigeria since he became president in 2015? Your country is 60 years and has failed in every system.
Ogbeni get the hell out of my sight! Nobody's got time for your APC and PDP bullshi.te!

APC is evil.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by frowland(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

so says a sophisticated morroon grin
Its a fact... and unlike you I dont resort in insults because am not shallow.
Secondly, am not Yoruba. Just because my opinion does not aline with yours does not makes me less of an Igbo than you. Unless your Biafra ideology is fasism in disguise.
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
doctokwus:

Bloodshed,thuggery,violence,corruption,lies and corruption is the stock in trade of the devilish party.
I am rooting for Eleka.Fayose himself may not be incorrupt but it's better to vote Eleka than voting a candidate of APC.

Is no longer about the individual but the Party....Suddenly PDP has become the best thing to you.. SMH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Righteousness89(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
PHILipu1:

Oh,nobody gave Fayose a chance in 2014?
Are you kidding me?
With the army,DSS,police,inec,dasukifunds under Fayose control then and you thought he was going to lose.

Even if it was a goat that contested on PDP ticket in 2014,that goat would have won because Jonathan and PDP at the federal level,needed Ekiti state by all means in 2014 to boast their chances of 2015 general election.

Even though Fayemi was the governor, he was against the federal government then and he was never going to stand any chance
Why are u displaying Folly on public Space...
when was Oshimole 2nd term done?
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by peeps4u: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Back to era of destruction of ballot materials and papers.
What happens to this PU now?

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by EnaibeSam: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
yns4real:
Updates: Premium Times

At ijero, Ward A, Unit 002, at 8:45 a.m. Name of PU Maternity
A angry man reported to security officials that a party agent was sharing money to people to snap their ballot papers and get paid if they vote for his preferred party.
Security operatives eventually arrested the man accused of sharing the money.

He was, however, released a few minutes later. He refused to grant an interview.

An agent of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) at Polling Unit 012, Igbemo Ward of Irepodun-Ifelodun Local Government Area has reacted to financial inducement by an agent of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the unit.

Adetunji Ojo, one of the two PDP party agents at the polling unit, admitted his party also paid potential voters.
He said the APC out-muscled his party financially and there is nothing he can do about it.

PREMIUM TIMES posted video evidence of financial inducement at the polling until.
An APC party agent, Bello Dauda, was caught on video sharing N5,000 to voters.

Mr Ojo earlier challenged Mr Dauda for openly campaigning for APC.
Confronted with questions on inducement, he said the APC were able to come out top in the vote-for-money game because they offer more than his party.

“There is nothing we can do,” he said “We have left them with their destiny. That they (APC) win this PU does not mean they will the election.

“Because PDP’s tip is 3000, and it was shared yesterday; while APC’s is 5000 that is why you see what is happening.
He said some of those who collected money from APC voted for PDP.

“I didn’t vote for APC. I’ll be mad to do so. I’m the second party agent. That’s the first party agent,” he said pointing to another agency who declined to speak.

“In fact, some of those who collected APC money voted PDP so it is not an issue. It is a matter of who is smart.”
The APC and the PDP are the two major contenders in the governorship election.

Thanks for the update.
This is the type of update that those of us who are lovers of Ekiti in diaspora need. Not those that post lies. Am keenly following the election from Warri, Delta state

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by dammyllare(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
Can you imagine this?

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by PHILipu1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
Jokerman:

So Tinubu is not allowing Ambode to see road??
Yes,he has a strong control over all the governors after him.
Fashola tried to break away and that almost cost him his second term.

Lagos makes so much money and that is why we do fell the governors are working

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by jikjimmy: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
PDP cruising to victory based on the results coming in now.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Sprumbabafather: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
frowland:

Its a fact... and unlike you I dont resort in insults because am not shallow.
Secondly, am not Yoruba. Just because my opinion does not aline with yours does not makes me less of an Igbo than you. Unless your Biafra ideology is fasism in disguise.

Am a yoruba man, stop deceiving yourself ogbeni.
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
PHILipu1:
Funny to say that you don't know tomorrow.
You really think Fayose will allow this his puppet to see road if the guy win?
And ure the one that knw tomoroow?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Afamed: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
obonujoker:
As a Yoruba Muslim, I support Dr Olusola Eleka..

Note: I am not a BMC... thanks
You are a liar, nothing like Yoruba Muslim. A Muslim is a Muslim. Go your Upper Weka to promote your propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by selfwife(f): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
babaolofin:

Which means Ekiti has been backward for a very long time & up till may 2018 no development only noise making, touting & area boys governance. I came to Ado from Abuja in May this year, that was the day the SDP candidate was campaigning. We came through those Okun land Kogi / Ekiti and all those Akoko towns finally to Ado passing through Afe Babalola University. I did not see any development just group of villages without any infrastructure. It was only Fajuyi park & the new bridge on the only modern road by my judgement that I saw at Ado.

I went to Efon, in fact, let me stop. The people are proud of being STUBBORN and that Fayose is a true EKITI son for displaying STUBBORNNESS. They are not interested in development, they are only interested in that inborn character. Ekiti native people, for how long will you continue like this? Thank God, Abacha separated you from Ondo. You called Ikere a small London, even in the 80s when Abriba (Ohafia) now in Abia was called small London, they had more structures than Ikere. All those villages - town Ise,Ido-Ile,erio, etc, when will they wake - up?

Stubbornness is your pride and noise making is your achievement. PDP appointed Akwa Ibom governor to be the Chairman of the party campaign committee. Who was the PDP campaign committee chairman in the last Anambra election?
When you have an assignment please do it well.Ask that lady if she was residing in Ekiti during Fayemi's tenure.Oga you have to calm down oooo.saying Ekiti was seperated from Ondo is funny because we are known as EKITI KETE not ONDO KETE.all your ranting that Ekiti is a village just got me smiling.You know why?because it is still HOME where many of us do not joke with..as for progress,it is coming and it starts a few minutes from now.Saying our achievements is agidi is good because when you know what you want but can not stand by it especially when your son or father is involved,are you a man? And please if you bold enough,can you tell us where you are from on this forum?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
bakila:

I was reading with interest until when you wrote that votes counted in Kano was more than registered voters and Borno returned millions of votes. Please research the 2011 and 2015 results for Borno, the result was 500000 votes less while has only about 60% turnout.
well, that's what I read from the online news media. I didn't form the figure myself. Femi Fani Kayode of the PDP also said the same so, I quoted them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/two-kano-governors-exposed-electoral-fraud-2015-reno/amp/

I'm coming with more sources I quoted from. Especially the borno votes
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by cbrass(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
mercy232:

Ile-ife..

We are close neighbors, am from Ilesa
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by frowland(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Am a yoruba man, stop deceiving yourself ogbeni.

Disagree with fact and not just insults. You are youruba and I am Igbo, I wont change who I am to please anyone. Nobody here feeds me.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by peeps4u: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Whoever sees APC as a better alternative to PDP needs to slapped from slumber. We are back to dark ages

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by PHILipu1(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
OlaoChi:
. Yes ffk has been clamouring for Odùduwà republic for years even when PDP was in power

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/161006-goodbye-nigeria-welcome-oduduwa-republic-by-femi-fani-kayode.html
And he was in the opposition then.
Did ffk clamour for this when he was in the PDP government?
Re: Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring by mercy232(f): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
please, how do I link my email with nairaland? for years, I have never gotten to read mails sent to me on nairaland...

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (88) (Reply)

What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.