Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,362 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August (12731 Views)

Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) / Baro Inland Water Port: First Northern Water Port- To Be Commissioned Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Asquare84(m): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2018
What this means is that

(1) cost of goods in Abuja and north central state will drop

(2) our road infrastructure will last long because most heavy duty vehicles will be removed from road

(3) create a lot of job

God bless Nigerian

I love my country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Newpride(m): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2018
I know that in all bit to tarnish the good work of pmb, some people won’t see anything good in this achievement.
All they will say is pdp started it.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by hamzyluv(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Samusu:
I thought its Maikanti Baro of NNPC that is the owner
full meaning of NNPC pls and who is controlling , giving and paying that ur NNPC.

have u ever been taught DELEGATION OF POWER by the EXECUTIVE arms of government in ur secondary school days ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by asha9: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2018
Truly Onitsha represents to the SE what Lagos and PH represents to the SW and SS respectively.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by famosh: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2018
naijapips04:
I think nairaland is pro APC. Did you see how fast any post praising this government is moved to the frontpage?

Totally biased media.
Why disgusting IPIGs hate bad news like this? You're always happy when they move news on Fulani herdsmen killing to front-page but always sad when they post good news! You better don't kill yourself because of hatred for Buhari!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by BruncleZuma: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by hamzyluv(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2018
givan:
Wastage of resources at it peak! How would baro port work if Onitsha port which is no more than 250miles inland isn't operational yet?

Wouldn't if be more feasible if they my Onitsha port operational and link it by a means of rail way line, to Baro?

What's the point of having two dead river port?

Is there a competition in how many dead river port a country has?

Please brother,, Nigeria did not got her independent in 2015, asked why that your Onitsha isn't operational yet since Nigeria got her independent since 1960 and almost 18 years of stable democracy including ( 6 years of ur own blood in governance) .

I don't insulted u pls, just telling you how Far These people has destroyed this Nation for us

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by naijapips04: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2018
AtbuAbdul:
If u don't like it, u either go create your 'whateverland' or u look for d nearest transformer to hug -it's that easy!

What then is the sense of this your post? The youths of Nigeria are the problem with Nigeria. Things like this are what would eventually kill of nairaland. It's happening to CNN it will happen to Nairaland.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by ariesbull: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2018
Nice one ...APC forever

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by asha9: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2018
Lol
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by noblejoeuc: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2018
good
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by 21savages: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2018
Am hapi to hear this news cux am a nigerlite and i pray it works as promise by the FG..
Shey they says phones will be imported too,making phones cheap for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Ttipsy(f): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2018
Baro port and Onitsha port which one should be commissioned first, which is more viable?
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by bossrillboss: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2018
naijapips04:
I think nairaland is pro APC. Did you see how fast any post praising this government is moved to the frontpage?

Totally biased media.
....Lwkmd...dem no want make liar Mohammed put dia name for fake news organization na.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by yazach: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2018
Oluwatosin678:
election is coming and inauguration of project flying all-over in d name of convincing Nigerian youth that they are working.. We can't be fooled again..
go get you PVC and vote wisely..

God bless Nigeria and deliver us from Bad leaders.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by oweman: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2018
The contract for this work was signed by late Yar Adua but chancelled as one of the eary acts of Jonathan when he assume office after the death of Yar Adua .
Now that Buhari has successfully done the job at least those Jonathan deny of the facility won't forget in a hurry .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by yazach: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2018
givan:
Wastage of resources at it peak! How would baro port work if Onitsha port which is no more than 250miles inland isn't operational yet?

Wouldn't if be more feasible if they my Onitsha port operational and link it by a means of rail way line, to Baro?

What's the point of having two dead river port?

Is there a competition in how many dead river port a country has?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by wink2015(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2018
WHY BUILD MORE SEA PORT AT THE EXPENSE OF KILLING THE EXISTING SEA PORTS IN NIGERIA?

The Warri Sea port has been down for close to 35 years now and nothing has been done about its decaying infrastructure.

The Sapele sea port that was supposed to serve commercial interest has been turn into a Navy or military port.

The Calabar sea port is neither here nor there.

The Rivers sea port at Onne is just mildly active.

The only sea port that is serving us in the south here is the Apapa sea port in Lagos, Nigeria.

NIGERIA 'S FEDERALISM SHOULD BE RESTRUCTURE AND STATE BE ALLOWED TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THEIR OWN MINERAL RESOURCES TO DEVELOP WHAT IS SUITABLE FOR THEM.

OVER CENTRALIZATION OF THE FEDERAL AUTHORITY IS SETTING NIGERIA BEHIND AND IT IS MAKING OTHER POOR STATES MOSTLY IN NORTHERN NIGERIA TO EXPLOIT THE RESOURCES OF THE OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITY IN NIGERIA.

The Northern leadership at the presidency is desperately looking for seaport up north and they are not prepared to maintain the existing sea port infrastructure down south.

The Northern leadership started the idea of dry sea port which they got for themselves in places like Kaduna etc but one thing is clear a water based sea port is the best sea port recognised all over. Even if the federal government create dry sea port with all the federal budget it can not change the natural law of God that recognizes water based sea ports.

But can you fully blame the northern leadership in Nigeria? The answer is yes and no!

We can partly blame Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan who did not consider it necessary to complete the EAST WEST ROAD in the Niger Delta region.

We can partly blame Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan who did not consider it necessary to build a befiting sea port in Bayelsa state despite the big natural endowment for sea port in the riverine state.

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2018
mtchew.....bigger ports like the onne and calabar seaports never work, n.a. small bar o and onitsha ports go come ready for commissioning n concessions. ....way o wayo APC gov't...
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by GavelSlam: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2018
naijapips04:

What then is the sense of this your post? The youths of Nigeria are the problem with Nigeria. Things like this are what would eventually kill of nairaland. It's happening to CNN it will happen to Nairaland.

Seems you are more interested in Bomb Blasts or Ritual killing.

Or is it Tonto Dike and Big Brother Housemates that is your thing?

Don't be a hater.

You can't continue to lambast your country and avoid any good news associated with it.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by naijapips04: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Seems you are more interested in Bomb Blasts or Ritual killing.

Or is it Tonto Dike and Big Brother Housemates that is your thing?

Don't be a hater.

You can't continue to lambast your country and avoid any good news associated with it.

I'm saying that News sites shouldn't pick n choose what to report about. That's called being biased.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by GavelSlam: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2018
naijapips04:

I'm saying that News sites shouldn't pick n choose what to report about. That's called being biased.

On the front page you get a plethora of topics.

What is it that itches you about progress?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2018
Hotzone:
I don't know y federal government doesn't impact on salary of the civil services
What of the bailouts funds he gave the state to pay for six months salary

1 Like

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by naijapips04: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

On the front page you get a plethora of topics.

What is it that hitches you about progress?

Well Nigeria is not Russia or North Korea where you only report on the seemingly good deeds of the supreme leaders when there are a lot more wrongs going on in the country.

This news is just a PR content. No actual fact.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by GavelSlam: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2018
naijapips04:

Well Nigeria is not Russia or North Korea where you only report on the seemingly good deeds of the supreme leaders when there are a lot more wrongs going on in the country.

This news is just a PR content. No actual fact.

What you are saying in essence, is that there isn't enough bad news on Nairaland and you are not happy about it, correct?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by naijapips04: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

What you are saying in effect, is that there isn't enough bad news on Nairaland and you are not happy about it, correct?

What I am saying is that Nairaland is always much eager to report news that favours Buhari...they scout the whole internet looking for any morsel of News that would favour buhari and once they find it, they waste no time in pushing it to the front.

It was never like this under GEJ's tenure. Most of the man's good deeds were under reported. The only thing we were reading about GEJ on Nairaland were Terrorist attacks and the likes even though more people have died under this government than any other administration since 1999..
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Yancy(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2018
buhariguy:
This buhari self, he will just be working and those against progress will be wailing.

Because the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra want free corrupt money like before, and buhari will never share the money for development.
They don't want development of the country
I think for the sake of our upcoming generation, tribalistic & racist comments such as these should be banned on nairaland. Lots of young people & teenagers hide behind monikers. What are we passing onto them. The Rwandan genocide of 1994 was led to things like this. I really hate it when i visit nairaland & all i see is tribalism. Tribes trading blames. That means we as a people are no different from those we criticize. APC blaming PDP and vice versa. Please let us all receive sense. My one cent... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by kabarka(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2018
August is not far.lets see onitsha port working.
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by spartan50(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2018
buhariguy:
This buhari self, he will just be working and those against progress will be wailing.

Because the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra want free corrupt money like before, and buhari will never share the money for development.
They don't want development of the country
May God bless GEJ..
Re: FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Oluwatosin678:
election is coming and inauguration of project flying all-over in d name of convincing Nigerian youth that they are working.. We can't be fooled again..
go get you PVC and vote wisely..

God bless Nigeria and deliver us from Bad leaders.

So they should have done the commissioning while the work is still on going and not yet completed? Keep wailing. Bro.. Just like ur boss here

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arthur Jarvis University-1st Private University In Cross River State Under Const / 2023: Cede Your Presidential Tickets To Igbo, South East Leaders Tell PDP, APC / There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel, And Nigeria Will Smile Again – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.