Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup (2877 Views)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti - Jaiye Jaiye Video / NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy Award For The Third Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
femi kuti performed the song "bang bang bang" in world cup opening. that song was banned years back in nigeria because of its sexually explicit lyrics.
whats happening to the world?
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by hax: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
Wasn't Bigiano's Shayo banned? And 'Maga don pay'?

Nigerians ban everything. Like it's bad to sing about sex. I'm sure they wouldn't understand him anyways. lol
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by obinna5000(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
It was banned only in Nigeria and not outside Nigeria.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nonsense! I missed the opening ceremony particularly Femi Kuti's performance and I was hoping the vid of his performance had been upped on youtube only to click the thread and see this rubbish.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Nonsense! I missed the opening ceremony particularly Femi Kuti's performance and I was hoping the vid of his performance had been upped on youtube only to click the thread and see this rubbish.

go share your silly stories elsewhere.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
babaearly:

go share your silly stories elsewhere.
You dey Maaad! You dey Naija and you nor know se na only for Nigeria dem ban the song? undecided Better get yourself a brain and leave that cave you're living in. tongue

Olodo oshi grin
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by shotster50(m): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
Apparently Bang Bang Bang is too intellectual for the Nigerian Public lol
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 12, 2010
Lol, I would say the song is not appropriate for the occasion but I love the song anyway. cheesy grin

So there was an opening event and I didn't watch it? shocked angry I thought everything ended at the concert yesterday. angry
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by las240s(m): 12:26am On Jun 12, 2010
hey dont crucify the young man,the reason why he was shortlisted over the likes of king Sunny Ade was because the popularity of that song in Africa and thats equally the reason why they made him to round up the performances cos he had the most popular song, so na wetin them want him give them
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by badman(m): 12:29am On Jun 12, 2010
was shocked at femi singing bang bang bang at world cup ceremony, wasn't the song for the right occassion at all, but still loved his performance tho
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by shotster50(m): 1:28am On Jun 12, 2010
Tru that it wasnt the right song for the occassion but the biggest surprise was having R Kelly of all people perform too shocked , what kind of impression were they tryimg to create??
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by mbulela: 2:53am On Jun 12, 2010
stillwater,
better go and look for that opening ceremony and watch it.
it was lovely.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by mbulela: 2:56am On Jun 12, 2010
@poster,
i shared a similar sentiment elsewhere but on 2nd thots i don't think he was wrong.
he was not going to sing a political song, had to sing something with high tempo and it is his more popular song there and finally he was singing for less than 3 mins.
The song Hugh Masekela sang is not too different.A song called MARKET PLACE.
It is not like there is anything in that song that is unknown or unnatural.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by mbulela: 3:00am On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by ofokaofoki: 6:22am On Jun 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You dey Maaad! You dey Naija and you nor know se na only for Nigeria dem ban the song? undecided Better get yourself a brain and leave that cave you're living in. tongue

Olodo oshi grin

lmao, semilyfe don finish babaearly o,
thank God say no be only me think say this babaearly dey very foolish, semilyfe nice one jare grin grin
the song was banned by daft authorities in naija it wasnt banned in southafrica, femi kuti only showed the world that the nigerian authorities who ban music anyhow no get music knowledge .lmao grin grin
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 12, 2010
ofokaofoki:

lmao, semilyfe don finish babaearly o,
thank God say no be only me think say this babaearly dey very foolish, semilyfe nice one jare grin grin
the song was banned by daft authorities in naija it wasnt banned in southafrica, femi kuti only showed the world that the nigerian authorities who ban music anyhow no get music knowledge .lmao grin grin

Nairaland fool, u don come help your deranged bros.
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by Dizzy001(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Femi Kuti "bang Bang Bang" In World Cup by AngieFan(f): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2010
This player will only work if you're in the UK.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=150776

Femi comes on at 26.50

Beng! Beng! Beng!

(1) (Reply)

Extreme==aye Nse Ru E / Tiwa Savage - Olurun Mi [video + Audio] DOWNLOAD / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Phyno – Never • Mp4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.