Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution (5720 Views)

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview / Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by o123456789(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
See below the reasons for your failed job hunts and practical solutions, either offline or online.

REASONS FOR FAILED JOB HUNTS
1. Lack of skills.
2. Lack of experience.
3. Cyber criminals: 90 percent of jobs posted online are posted by scammers, initially the reason was to extract money from job seekers via fake job posting, but now the reason also include identity theft, you might even get the job an even receive money, but the aim is to get your personal identifiable information, Americans and Europeans are the most targeted.
4. Your region: This is a major problem for job seekers worldwide, in Nigeria it is legal under the name 'federal character'.
Federal character is the legal method of disqualifying job seekers based on region or ethnicity.
5. Over qualification: Never expect a job if your qualifications are too much, for example you submit a PhD degree for the position of a driver.
6. Corruption: Corruption in recruitment is mainly prevalent in government institutions, they sell jobs to the highest bidders.
7. Career Break: Taking a career break is a major problem because employers believe you are not up to date with latest happenings in your career, they prefer who will hit the ground running immediately.
8. Artificial intelligence: Job opportunities are being reduced or changing daily due to artificial intelligence and robots.

SOLUTION TO FAILED JOB HUNTS
1. Get the requisite skills in addition to your degree, Information technology skills are mainly needed.
2. Get experience via practice in a real work environment. You can get experience in real work environment by registering in virtual or remote internships. Another way is to be a volunteer worker in an organization, you are mainly not paid as a volunteer worker. Another way is to be a freelancer.
3. Avoid job scams in online job websites by finding and applying for a job at the official website of the organization with a reputation.
4. Avoid online or offline jobs that the organization's name is not listed.
5. Suggest a new position you want an organization to create via a special proposal.
6. Submit moderate qualifications for a job.
7. Avoid long career breaks.
8. Network with people in your career path.
9. Learn new skills because artificial intelligence is here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Biola67: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Dey play
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by jeeqaa7(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
ok
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Emax911: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
o123456789:
See below the reasons for your failed job hunts and practical solutions, either offline or online.

REASONS FOR FAILED JOB HUNTS
1. Lack of skills.
2. Lack of experience.
3. Cyber criminals: 90 percent of jobs posted online are posted by scammers, initially the reason was to extract money from job seekers via fake job posting, but now the reason also include identity theft, you might even get the job an even receive money, but the aim is to get your personal identifiable information, Americans and Europeans are the most targeted.
4. Your region: This is a major problem for job seekers worldwide, in Nigeria it is legal under the name 'federal character'.
Federal character is the legal method of disqualifying job seekers based on region or ethnicity.
5. Over qualification: Never expect a job if your qualifications are too much, for example you submit a PhD degree for the position of a driver.
6. Corruption: Corruption in recruitment is mainly prevalent in government institutions, they sell jobs to the highest bidders.
7. Career Break: Taking a career break is a major problem because employers believe you are not up to date with latest happenings in your career, they prefer who will hit the ground running immediately.
8. Artificial intelligence: Job opportunities are being reduced or changing daily due to artificial intelligence and robots.

SOLUTION TO FAILED JOB HUNTS
1. Get the requisite skills in addition to your degree, Information technology skills are mainly needed.
2. Get experience via practice in a real work environment. You can get experience in real work environment by registering in virtual or remote internships. Another way is to be a volunteer worker in an organization, you are mainly not paid as a volunteer worker. Another way is to be a freelancer.
3. Avoid job scams in online job websites by finding and applying for a job at the official website of the organization with a reputation.
4. Avoid online or offline jobs that the organization's name is not listed.
5. Suggest a new position you want an organization to create via a special proposal.
6. Submit moderate qualifications for a job.
7. Avoid long career breaks.
8. Network with people in your career path.
9. Learn new skills because artificial intelligence is here.
. OP DEY PLAY

NO 1. have connections or leg

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by benedictilemona(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
1.Know person
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
ok
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Coder2Client(m): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
The ones wey get experience nko?

Although, when preparation meet luck we call success
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Emma4real333(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ok

Meanwhile, anyone with driving job in Lagos should help. My license is valid and I reside in Isolo Call or WhatsApp 08130542546
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by omojeesu(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Learn a skill!
It is not too late!

If you have a skill
Upgrade it then monitize it.

Also learn about passive incomes & how to generate them.

Add passive income to your active income!

Working for money is hard work!
Money working for you is smart work!

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by mrdharkchild(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
RUbbish write up.
What do u want to sell this time?

What u need to be successful:
1. Connections: You don't need skills just network of successful peers or people

2. Skills and Hard work: You have to be prepared for the unknown for sure.

3. God or other Forces: I believe in God, but many successful people had to cling to a supernatural force to be where they are today#fact

4.Determination/Desperation: This doesnt require skill or expertise, this is survival based. Begs the question "How bad do you want it?"
Examples of people in this category, "Mc Oluomo and other deterministic folk.

At the end you must answer the question

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO BE RICH?

Are you going to grab it by force or sit there and be reading write-ups on how to be rich.

Remember: Those who are caught in the act of evil are dealt with, but those who aren't caught are CELEBRATED in the Same Society.

We Ain't All Saints, Sacrifices, at every length of the word, must be made

#BeWise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Atheistan: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
Always go to career pages of organisations you are interested in...
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Johnjanrt: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
grin
Watin dey sup this thread is looking empty.
Guys don go all out to hustle Illeya cash. God bless all our hustles.
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Bluntemperor: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
Johnjanrt:
grin
Watin dey sup this thread is looking empty.
Guys don go all out to hustle Illeya cash. God bless all our hustles.

Because it's not boyfriend and girlfriend affairs,nor Failed Marriages,nor Skit demo or Advertisement to make Money!

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by undisputed106(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
mrdharkchild:
RUbbish write up.
What do u want to sell this time?

What u need to be successful:
1. Connections: You don't need skills just network of successful peers or people

2. Skills and Hard work: You have to be prepared for the unknown for sure.

3. God or other Forces: I believe in God, but many successful people had to cling to a supernatural force to be where they are today#fact

4.Determination/Desperation: This doesnt require skill or expertise, this is survival based. Begs the question "How bad do you want it?"
Examples of people in this category, "Mc Oluomo and other deterministic folk.

At the end you must answer the question

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO BE RICH?

Are you going to grab it by force or sit there and be reading write-ups on how to be rich.

Remember: Those who are caught in the act of evil are dealt with, but those who aren't caught are CELEBRATED in the Same Society.

We Ain't All Saints, Sacrifices, at every length of the word, must be made

#BeWise

o boy you are one hell of a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Meerahbel: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
Here's the WhatsApp group for jobs

https://chat.whatsapp(dot)com/JU42UFVjLvwDezKKcpLdmJ
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by victooman: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Because it's not boyfriend and girlfriend affairs,nor Failed Marriages,nor Skit demo or Advertisement to make Money!
No! the thread is dry because majority of graduate are embracing self employment and doing well for themselves,, majority of graduate now understand most of this jobs are scams and have taken their destiny into their own hands

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by mrdharkchild(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
undisputed106:

I am not.
I'm a strong believer of God.
And I'm also lucky as God favors me alot.
It's not my skill or hardworking that got me where I am today.

But there is tough reality out there, and I just SPILLED THE BEANS to you with no SUGARCOATS. Life is real and WRITE-Ups are not enough

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by o123456789(m): 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Emax911:
. OP DEY PLAY

NO 1. have connections or leg
Mr ITK (I too know), what is the difference between Networking and Connection? check solution no.8, well English is a borrowed language so it is not easy to understand!
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by Emax911: 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
o123456789:
Mr ITK (I too know), what is the difference between Networking and Connection? check solution no.8, well English is a borrowed language so it is not easy to understand!
baba there is difference
Re: Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution by mrdharkchild(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
undisputed106:

I know.
All in the quest for survival, you must make sacrifices in one way(good way), or the other(bad way).
I'm a Christian and made mine the good WaY, I was lucky, I had loving parents who were always there to support me/us.
Sometime I think where I'd have been if it was different.

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Sms--to Resubmit My Scanned Document / Apply If You Are Qualified / FRSC Shortlists Everybody Mail Or No Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.