Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni (643 Views)

Lai Mohammed: My Orderly Tells Me Happenings In Nigeria / AFCON 2019: Buhari Not Happy With Super Eagles Unpaid Allowances / Elections: Ruggedman Reacts To The Happenings In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by awakeupcall4all(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has said he is not happy with what is happening in Ekiti State ahead of the governorship election holding in the state on Saturday.

A statement on Thursday by the Directorate of Media and Public Affairs of Ooni’s Palace quoted Oba Ogunwusi as saying this when the British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright, paid him a courtesy visit at his palace in Ile Ife.

The monarch, who expressed worry, said other states would be negatively affected if the Ekiti State governorship election was marred by violence.

The Ooni said, “What I heard happening in Ekiti State during this electioneering period does not make me happy as their father. Enough of the crisis; we do not want any crisis in Yorubaland. Where there is violence, progress and tranquillity will be deprived, but where there is peace, there is progress.

“I specifically warn all youths in Ekiti State to maintain peaceful coexistence before, during and after the election, as brighter future awaits them if they productively discover themselves.

“Youths must refuse to be used for political violence that waste lives because they too can become governor or President of the country in the nearest future.”

The Ooni, who is the Co-Chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria, said political violence could reverse all the gains of development while calling on the people of the state to be peaceful before, during and after the election.

The African foremost monarch lauded the efforts of the British government for giving peace a chance in the country while admonishing him to foster further trade relationship that was capable of improving the socio-economic co-existence between Nigeria and United Kingdom.

Arkwright, who is also the United Kingdom Chief Observer to Nigeria on the gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, called for a free, fair, credible and peaceful election in Ekiti State.

http://punchng.com/im-not-happy-with-happenings-in-ekiti-ooni/
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by bedspread: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
NO SANE MAN WILL BE HAPPY!!
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by justtoodark: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
who cares...this is politics....nasty as usual.....none of his business....doesnt he has palast duties to attend....?
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by awakeupcall4all(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
That is a golden voice from the progenitor of yoruba race...

This is not 2014 or whatever like the zombies have been salivating about....You can only be rigged(there was no rigging in 2014 to even start with) and peacefully govern if the people truly wants you!

But in a situation where you are despised by the same people you want to govern and you still want to become a governor forcefully....Then be ready to pay with your life!!

Our Vote must and will surely count here in Ekiti

Anybody planning to rig election here in Ekiti be it Fayose, Buhari, Fayemi, Akeredolu, Amosu, yeye Bello, the randy IGP;will be put to sudden and painful death by the gods of our land and our ancestors!!

Be warned!!
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by awakeupcall4all(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
Who open your caged??...This post has yabaleft written all over it! grin grin shocked
justtoodark:
who cares...this is politics....nasty as usual.....none of his business....doesnt he has palast duties to attend....?
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pastor Popoola!

I am surprised that Fayose's stunt is catching in on you sir. Fayose was never at the scene when the police fired the tear gas. Try to get your information right. According to the Government House sources, Fayose was enjoying himself taking gulder when the incident happened. He was informed that police fired the tear gas when Fayose's supporters threatened to burst out of the Government House for a street show that was never permitted by the police.

This is not the first time Fayose is acting in this manner. He once organised a fake assassination theory when he asked his security aides to shoot his vehicle on a Lagos bridge to later ‎claim that assassins sent by the opposition shot at him. In the course of investigation, the security aide that fired the shot confessed that Fayose was acting a stunt.

Do you remember when Fayose set his G-Wagon on fire in Lagos because EFCC agents were on the trail of his car driven by his aides and loaded with hard currency suspected to be proceeds of crimes?

Fayose is a man that will wrap a copy of English dictionary with the back cover of the Holy Bible and use it to swear to con his victims.

Did you see him how he wept when Dr Daramola was assassinated? Do you remember the question he asked ‎from his aides after that weeping session? He asked them: "Did I weep very well that will convince the people that I was innocent?" Do you recall that he did the same when Omolafe Aderiye was assassinated in Ado-Ekiti? Later nko, who was being fingered as Aderiye's alleged killer?

I can give several other instances where this crook will act this way‎ to deceive the public.

The question we need to ask is: in the crowd of about 1,000 people, how come that it was only Fayose that was affected by the fumes of tear gas?

He claimed that his neck was broken. Can tear gas cause a break of the neck?

Now he is saying that he wanted to go to the hospital even though all that he is planning is to escape from Nigeria.

This is pure foolery. I am not one that will fall victim of that shameless lie that a gas fume will cause a man to break his neck, ‎forcing a grandfather to be crying like a baby on television screen.

Sir, listen carefully to the Channels footage of the scene and you will hear a voice in the background complaining that this trick will backfire to scare ordinary PDP members on election day‎. Fayose's action is a criminal and shameful manipulation of an incident that did not happen.

Fayose should have waited till Saturday for real weeping sessions after Ekiti people would have finished with him. Shio!

I only pity those who believe in Fayose's lie for obvious reasons.

Wole Olujobi

Igirabata L'Okun Ekitipanupo. Copied
Re: I’m Not Happy With Happenings In Ekiti –ooni by Mynd44: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2018

(1)

Ekiti 2018: EFCC Has This To Say To Fayose(picture) / Buhari Is Just Like Moses, Takes The Israelite Out Of Egypt('pdp') / PHOTO: Sea Of Heads Besiege Aba As Sir Udensi Takes The Centre Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.