Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

"Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" (80018 Views)

Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal / Meet Nikola Kalinic Croatia's World Cup Outcast / Croatia Sends Nikola Kalinic Home For Refusing To Play Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Nightmareo07: 12:12am On Jul 14, 2018
wildcatter23:

England' 1-2 Croatia cry
France vs croatia embarassed

Lols I forgot england o

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by ifybaby555: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2018
A very good lesson.

Big opportunities may come in small packages.

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by tollyboy5(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2018
rubbish so we should fry beans Nigerians and nonsense
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by wiseone28: 12:20am On Jul 14, 2018
I love the Croatian spirit but France will be the world champion

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:21am On Jul 14, 2018
PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by spiritedtete: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2018
Nightmareo07:
Truly Pride comes before a fall

His reactions on every match.
Croatia 2-0 Nigeria sad
Argentina 0-3 Croatia shocked
Croatia 2-1 island undecided
Croatia 4-3 Denmark
Russia 3 -4 Croatia cry
England 1-2 Croatia cry cry

In the Final

France 1 -3 Croatia embarassed sad sad cry cry cry cry

6 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by justseyi(m): 12:25am On Jul 14, 2018
Imagine a website, or blog, with the shortest and most captivating stories all accessible to you. Stop imagining, because www.svillagewords..com is that website. Where writers make magic, with words!

www.svillagewords..com
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by teewhydope(m): 12:25am On Jul 14, 2018
lol... nigeria (kit merchant)

4 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by 1Sharon(f): 12:36am On Jul 14, 2018
teewhydope:

Lol..what does that mean?
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by 1Sharon(f): 12:36am On Jul 14, 2018
Chaiii...kalinic oo

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Emitrix42(m): 12:37am On Jul 14, 2018
he will cool down from now

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Temptee101(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2018
God loves Croatia, he would have destroyed the team with his arrogance and witchcraft had it been he played a part

4 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 14, 2018
deep. really deep.
Pride indeed goes before a fall.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Tomoyayi(m): 12:39am On Jul 14, 2018
samclush:
ftc
......hmmm pride
In your dreams abi
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by blazer2018: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2018
Chai...what arrogance...i kept picturing his moods as Croatia progressed at d Mundial... grin
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by blazer2018: 12:45am On Jul 14, 2018
As much as I want d Croats to lift the trophy, i fear for their Physical fitness going to d final...Considering the fact that they will be facing a pacy and strong and fresh french side having played 3 consecutive extra-times in d space of 10 days embarassed

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by ayanleye12(m): 12:47am On Jul 14, 2018
judge him when Croatia lift the trophy
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by 1x2x3: 12:50am On Jul 14, 2018
blazer2018:
As much as I want d Croats to lift the trophy, i fear for their Physical fitness going to d final...Considering the fact that they will be facing a pacy and strong and fresh french side having played 3 consecutive extra-times in d space of 10 days embarassed

No matter how much water a horse drinks in a day it can't outlive a camel that hasn't taken water in a day if they engage in thirst contest.

Look how dried the Croatian players are grin grin they are like Kenyans who will always outdo anyone in marathon.

4 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Teeisaac(m): 12:51am On Jul 14, 2018
My first maturity decision in life is leaving PRIDE

5 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by purest21(m): 12:52am On Jul 14, 2018
losak9111:
*SHORT WORLD CUP STORY FOR YOUR MOTIVATION*

Croatia came to this World Cup with only two natural strikers. Mario Mandzukic, the guy who scored the winner last night was one.

The other was Nikola Kalinic.

Kalinic was on the bench for Croatia's first game against Nigeria. With five minutes to end that game, coach instructed him to dress up and replace another player.

Kalinic angrily refused to play, in protest of being left on the bench.

He saw himself a top player, and wouldn't come on for just five minutes. The coach turned to other player Pjaca for the substitution.

After the match, Kalinic refused to apologize, despite appeals from other coaching staff.

The coach then sacked him from the team, and sent him home from Russia. Kalinic flew for holidays, and even posted pictures of himself enjoying elsewhere.

After all, he seem to imagine Croatia won't go anywhere in the tournament. But without him, the team managed to win their matches.

Croatia achieved their greatest football achievement in history, reaching the World Cup final.

The remaining 22 players are national heroes. Their names forever inscribed in the hearts of generations.

Kalinic is not part of the winning team all because of minutes of anger, pride and bloated ego.

He may have regretted now but it is too late. These stories about life are quite familiar to us, but do we really learn lessons from them? As they profoundly apply to all spheres of life?

Learn to cut pride, learn to control anger and deflate ego. And ultimately, learn to say SORRY.

Years of sweat and dedication can all be shattered by moments of anger and pride.

Don't be a Kalinic.

Good Day and Happy Weekend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5950279/Dont-like-Nikola-Kalinic-Fans-mock-striker-Croatia-reach-World-Cup-final.html

Cool story but this cannot be a motivation or such cos you ignored the part which asks, could Kalinic have remained in the team and caused the incident that would have brought about Croatia's elimination in the knockout or quarter finals? I'm trying to say it might be a good thing for Croatia rather than a misfortune for Kalinic.

Croatia played extra time three times, that is in all their matches right from the round 16. And they played penalty in 2 of those matches, Kalinic as a striker definitely would have been among the players to take the PKs.

1. Would Kalinic have missed his PK and sent them home?

2. Would Kalinic have fouled a player inside the box on the 92nd minutes while defending a corner with Russia or Denmark?

We shouldn't want Kalinic to regret anything cos it takes just a player to sell off a match. Things might not turn out well if he was there.
Same way Southgate(England coach) would be regretting right now had he played Rashford with the same trust he had in Sterling even with all the critisms. Maybe Rashford could have been their hero into the finals, you can't tell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by stolenstone: 12:55am On Jul 14, 2018
Wikipedia on Kalinic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Mrojoshua(m): 12:55am On Jul 14, 2018
Samuelscott:
cheesy Nikola kalinic right now
angry grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by blazer2018: 12:58am On Jul 14, 2018
1x2x3:

No matter how much water a horse drinks in a day it can't outlive a camel that hasn't taken water in a day if they engage in thirst contest.

Look how dried the Croatian players are grin grin they are like Kenyans who will always outdo anyone in marathon.

grin grin grin

I hope so sha...dem too try to go home empty handed
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by onatisi(m): 1:02am On Jul 14, 2018
post=69357919:
PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL
and the irony of the whole story is that the assistant coach of the team also has been sacked grin grin
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:03am On Jul 14, 2018
onatisi:
and the irony of the whole story is that the coach that even sacked and sent this player out from the team also has been sacked grin grin
Croatian coach sacked??!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Martinez19(m): 1:05am On Jul 14, 2018
teewhydope:
lol. Kit merchants grin
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Yungwizzzy28(m): 1:14am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Maybe if he was in the team they wouldn't have made it this far

Lol he should carry his badluck and go

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Didi2d(m): 1:25am On Jul 14, 2018
This story touched my heart
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by authenticman(m): 1:31am On Jul 14, 2018
The guy is crap to think he has yet to tender an apology for his conduct.
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by sleek82(m): 1:32am On Jul 14, 2018
nairalee:
He saw himself as a top player? Top of what? Maybe on Top his bed because me I have never even heard that name before..dude needs to parkkkkkkkk well
well unfortunately he doesn't need to park well because he has already been parked well cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter, Daniella Graduates From The University (Photo) / Nigeria Vs Algeria: International Friendly (0 - 1) On 9th October 2020 / Neymar Taps And Grabs His Mother's Backside, Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.