Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

"Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" (80017 Views)

Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal / Meet Nikola Kalinic Croatia's World Cup Outcast / Croatia Sends Nikola Kalinic Home For Refusing To Play Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by BestDude: 1:40am On Jul 14, 2018
dominique:
He must be wishing he can turn back time right now.
I have a friend like that. I came up with a business idea and because of the love I have for him, I called to invest in the idea but he refused because he doesn't believe in me.

I won't blame him because he knew about a similar one I was working on that I hadn't gotten reward for. Not that it is dead but because of the nature of the people we are dealing with, we have to wait so long.

Now, this current idea has national potential, over 100 times bigger than the previous one I was working and pay day is not delayed BUT my friend didn't believe in what I shared with him but he has the money.

He even told me I would be frustrated by those in the industry.

I told him okay. So I went to my cousin and shared the idea with him and my cousin is interested.

We are almost through with final phase.

On the other hand, one of the men we are working with invited his colleague but that one kept us waiting for 3 hours, promising to show up with numerous calls, but never did. We had to leave displeased. I got home 12 am that day.

He probably didn't believe too. I heard he was begging the man that invited him but the man refused and decided to work with someone else.

So what am I saying? We are bound to miss opportunity. Some times it is not our fault but we are destined never to taste such success.

We are almost through with necessary talks and work will likely start this month.

I am just wondering what my friend will feel like when he sees the miracle.

Doubt is a destiny killer!

7 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Therealev: 1:41am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Maybe if he was in the team they wouldn't have made it this far

Nice perspective, brof.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by NarnieSnyper(m): 1:41am On Jul 14, 2018
Kinda reminds me of a Cameroonian footballer that played for West Brom who was called to the national team for AFCON 2017 but refused to go because of his playing position being at risk, and said they (The Cameroonian team) wouldn't make it far in the tournament anyway.

Cameroon beat Egypt 2-1 to lift the trophy smiley

6 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by obiphills(m): 1:53am On Jul 14, 2018
the season Lester city gave kalinic out on loan to maybe AC Milan, that was the season Lestercity won premier league ,so this is the second time he left a team, and the team progressed.... tragic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by lighternote: 1:56am On Jul 14, 2018
Exactly!
He appears not a team player and would definitely had brought his toxicity to the team. Nature got rid of him. May God delete every Kalinic in our lives.

SalamRushdie:

6 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Mike008(m): 2:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Who says despite his omission he wishes the team to fail?

We certainly don't know the true story but I certainly won't be too proud if I won a world cup from the bench.

I hate this story, but I hate more the people sharing it.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

This same thing I was about to say. Maybe, Just maybe!!

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by emmanuelpopson(m): 2:16am On Jul 14, 2018
he will be like escobar of colombia..history will.never forgive him when croatia eventually lift the WC...
so sad
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by enemyofprogress: 2:31am On Jul 14, 2018
suzzy4God:
E...yah
wetin?
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Aitee1: 2:38am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Mikeross62: 2:38am On Jul 14, 2018
pride is a destroyer and respected of no man

its MIKE ROSS AGAIN RMB/YUAN king
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by oyetpel(m): 2:48am On Jul 14, 2018
obiphills:
the season Lester city gave kalinic out on loan to maybe AC Milan, that was the season Lestercity won premier league ,so this is the second time he left a team, and the team progressed.... tragic

That was Kramaric not Kalinic Mr Man.

Kalinic moved to AC Milan from Fiorentina.

Nigerians always attaching bad hings to people.

9 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by oyetpel(m): 2:56am On Jul 14, 2018
Mike008:

We certainly don't know the true story but I certainly won't be too proud if I won a world cup from the bench.

Thank you for this.

I don't like how Nigerians behave, i felt terrible when i read this write-up about Kalinic on whatsapp.

Everything is now a prayer point or punch, Don't be a Kalinic, WTF does that mean?

Him and the coach were not simply getting on well, i think he choose Kalinic because he was one of Croatia top strikers available, and maybe the guy thinks he merits to start but the coach not like him. Since friendly matches he has not started a match. Players have ego, coaches don't want players to wield power in the team and was sent home.

Tevez have done something like this at Man City.

Ibrahimovic had clash with Guardiola and was sold from Barca.

And there was no tolerance for misbehavior judging by how one was their coaches was sent home too after their win in the quarter finals.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by AreaFada2: 3:21am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Tor!

Many Western national teams are doing it.
In 1998, Eric Cantona was probably the best known French footballer. France Manager Aime Jacque overlooked him. Because he "Kong-Fu" kicked a fan in a premier league match years before and was too controversial.

This year France overlooked Benzema because of his past legal matters.

Controversial top players are being left out to maintain better team spirit in a quintessential team game like football.

In 1996, Cantona derided Didier Deschamps as a mere water carrier (for his humility). In 1998 Deschamps lifted FIFA World Cup as captain. He's France manager playing in the final tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Avater0147(m): 3:50am On Jul 14, 2018
I don't know the top European club he play for to consider himself a top players. someone that people don't even know. lol. bros abeg pack your face
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by jaafree: 4:11am On Jul 14, 2018
claiming big when he has never been in a world cup finals, Now his juniors became his senior in the world of football. I am sure he will be hoping France to win the final so that jealousy will not kill him
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by markidoo(m): 4:19am On Jul 14, 2018
How far una
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Very true.

Maybe he’s an “igi woroko ti nda ino ru”.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by kabarka(m): 4:25am On Jul 14, 2018
losak9111:

Years of sweat and dedication can all be shattered by moments of anger and pride.

Don't be a Kalinic.

l

This is a profound truth.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by kabarka(m): 4:31am On Jul 14, 2018
givan:

I pray he doesn't commit suicide. I'm sure he would be fasting against Croatia winning the WC.

Suicide? Well that's a possibility but let him know that life is bigger than trophy.

Winning? Even if it's silver, it's worth it.

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by lanre316: 4:32am On Jul 14, 2018
This man will NEVER EVER EVER EVER forget NIGERIA in his life
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by shounited74: 4:33am On Jul 14, 2018
PRIDE. kills faster.
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by kabarka(m): 4:36am On Jul 14, 2018
obiphills:

Really, this is not ordinary.
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by wakabobo: 4:45am On Jul 14, 2018
sad
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by ruggedtimi(m): 4:50am On Jul 14, 2018
Mike008:

However, Dalic told a specially arranged news conference that Kalinic would depart Croatia's team base in Roschino but due to recurring back spasms, as opposed to any disciplinary issue.

"During the Nigeria encounter, Kalinic was warming up and was supposed to come on in the second half. However, he then stated that he wasn't ready to come on due to a back issue," Dalic said.

"The same thing happened during the Brazil friendly in England, as well as before the practice session on Sunday.
Lie lie media trying to spoil the kalinic's image.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by LordCenturion(m): 5:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Milan was trying to offload Kalinic because he flop completely last season, there was a time that Milan coach, Gattuso sent him home for non commitment in training..
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by miqos02(m): 5:11am On Jul 14, 2018
onatisi:
and the irony of the whole story is that the coach that even sacked and sent this player out from the team also has been sacked grin grin
the sacked coach was an assistant coach not the head coach
Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by thebestprice(m): 5:43am On Jul 14, 2018
Here listen. He had his reasons for not coming off that bench as a substitute.
You should respect his decisions no matter what.
Two sides to every story.

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:44am On Jul 14, 2018
Too bad!

Truly, Pride goeth before a fall.
Two years ago, I lost a supposed opportunity which would've catapulted me into success, but a be-witched girl came into the line as a dare-devil. The Boss was aggravated. I also was too un-yielding and egotistical at that point. I don't know if the Devil saw what was coming and had to stiffen my heart not to render an apology. That girl was a pain in my ass. The place was tensed and all uptight. I was bound to make success there. I left angrily anyway. I came there with nothing, I left empty-handed.

Perhaps, If I'd just stupidly apologized as a dummy and swallowed my 'ego', that occurrence wouldn't have taken place. I regret till this day. It haunts me, but what can I do?
Nothing. Life gives, and it takes. This wholly depends on our relativity with people and how well being humble pays. Nothing lost had/has ever hurt me this much. But you see, I fail and refuse to be bound by that coined sentence that says 'Opportunity comes but once'. I've had Opportunities, I keep having them, and I'll continue having them. I just hope God takes away those that doesn't align with his will for me. I refuse to be bound by a set of rules. I'll still soar. This I believe.

Are you in a situation of doubt and think that you aren't going to come out alive? Keep pushing. Your breakthrough is further. Good things comes to those who wait, and of course have the right attitude in the course of waiting. Nothing good comes easy. We have to struggle rigidly for it, if this is otherwise, the Devil steals. It mars your joy forever.

Whew! Enough story written. The topic is not just a topic. It's an eye-opener. There's lot of sense in it. Maybe, he wasn't destined to win through this. His success awaits him somewhere else. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" by grandstar(m): 5:45am On Jul 14, 2018
Nightmareo07:
Truly Pride comes before a fall

His reactions on every match.
Croatia 2-0 Nigeria sad
Argentina 0-3 Croatia shocked
Croatia 2-1 island undecided
Croatia 4-3 Denmark
Russia 3 -4 Croatia cry
England 1-2 Croatia cry cry
i
I just gave you your 100th like!

I'm sure it will reach 200 likes in the next 3 hours

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter, Daniella Graduates From The University (Photo) / Nigeria Vs Algeria: International Friendly (0 - 1) On 9th October 2020 / Neymar Taps And Grabs His Mother's Backside, Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.