Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay (668 Views)

I’m Under Pressure, Ebele Okaro Says After Wrapping Up Movie Shoot (Video) / Nana Frema: Cosmetic Surgery Has Prevented Me From Getting Movie Roles / Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay by wakabobogirl: 8:01am On Jul 14, 2018
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

Having made a bold statement in music, Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua aka Seyi Shay, is set to carve a place in Nollywood. With a new movie, Lara and the Beats where she played the lead role and featured alongside top acts, the singer-turned-actor is ready to shatter the glass ceiling in the industry.

In this chat, Seyi Shay speaks about the sacrifices she made to feature in the film and her relationship with Vector among others. Enjoy it.

You are a musician but acted in Lara and the Beats, what does it feel like been an actress?

There is a slight difference because I write my own music and I perform it. I tend not to act as much, but with a movie, you have to adopt a character. It is quite different since you have to immerse yourself in the character you invent. It’s kind of make-belief, at the same time, it’s still entertaining.

What sacrifices did you make to be part of the movie?

I had to leave my singing career for about a month, because the hours spent on the set were very long, so I couldn’t go to the studio and do my own shows. I lost some shows but I made a great movie. So, I am happy.

Were you worried about the time you took off singing?

I was a bit worried about spending so much time outside the music scene. I thought it would work against me but thankfully, it didn’t. This situation has added to my profile and personality. By the time the movie comes out, it would add to my popularity. It’s just nice to have another category added to my resume.

Would you take on more movie roles?

I had actually said that I won’t take up movie roles again, because it was so long and tiring. As a musician, the longest you do is six to eight hours to shoot a music video, but this took over a month to do. Half way through, I was like ‘oh my God, why did I do this?’ I wished I could turn back the hands of time. But at the end of the movie, I was thoroughly pleased with myself, watching snippets of myself on movie screen. So, would I do it again? Yes, with this production.

Culled from>>>>>>>https://wakabobo.com/i-wont-take-up-movie-roles-again-seyi-shay/

cc; lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay by Tolexander: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2018
She didn't say she is not going to take up movie role again.
Would you take on more movie roles? I had actually said that I won’t take up movie roles again, because it was so long and tiring. As a musician, the longest you do is six to eight hours to shoot a music video, but this took over a month to do. Half way through, I was like ‘oh my God, why did I do this?’ I wished I could turn back the hands of time. But at the end of the movie, I was thoroughly pleased with myself, watching snippets of myself on movie screen. So, would I do it again? Yes, with this production.
Re: I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay by axcer: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2018
sad
Re: I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay by brownsugar23: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2018
I love you when you sings
Share if you support for music and like for movie
Re: I Won’t Take Up Movie Roles Again – Seyi Shay by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2018
brownsugar23:
I love you when you sings
Share if you support for music and like for movie

cheesy

mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww angry

(1) (Reply)

Actress Omoni Oboli Celebrates Her Look-Alike Son On His Birthday / I Spent A Lot Of Night Crying When Mo' Hit Tore Apart' - Dr Sid / Bobrisky Arrested By VAR Police [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.