Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Always Give Thanks To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Always Give Thanks To God (360 Views)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Always Give Thanks To God by CHUGOIC(m): 5:50am On Jul 15, 2018
SUNDAY SERMON. Topic - ALWAYS GIVE THANKS TO GOD. Presenter - CHUGO IZUCHUKWU .C. Text - Psalm 103:1-8. To start with, in praising the Lord, you must do so with all your heart. It comes from within and not from without. The kind of praise God accepts is the one that emanates from the spirit being. The Bible says - "Praise the Lord, O my soul", not praise the Lord, O my body. Don't forget that "God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth". For you to be in contact with him, there must be a connecting force that will link you to him and it is your spirit being. Praising the Lord is not something that you do with your lips and your heart would be far from Him. Praising the Lord is a thing of the spirit, you must do so with your soul and it must come from your heart.

These are some of the reasons you should give thanks to God. 1. The life He has given to you from the day you were born up to this day. Some of your mates are dead, but you are alive today, not because of your righteousness or by your own power but by the special grace of God. 2. Do you know how many times your enemies have planned evil against you? Do you know how many unknown and unseen battles, the Lord has fought for you? Do you know how many times they have dug a pit for you? And the Lord said No. 3. Consider all the good things you have received from God. Some can't see, some can't hear, some can't walk, some are in terrible sickness - kidney problem, cancer, diabetes, but God has given you sound health. Some people don't understand what it means to be healthy, if you want to understand better, visit some hospitals. Don't forget - Some have the money, yet, they are not healthy.

Count your blessings and name them one by one and you will see the good works of God in your life. Some of these things I have listed above, are they not enough for you to give thanks to God? WHY CAN'T YOU SAY, GOD, I THANK YOU? Even if you are asking God for something, first thank the Lord for the ones He has done for you, then, He will do more for you. There is nothing we can offer to the Lord that would be enough, the only thing we should do is just to say with all our hearts, GOD, I THANK YOU. May God bless everyone of you, whatever you lay your hands this week, may it prosper, have a fabulous day. Happy Sunday!!!

1 Like

Re: Always Give Thanks To God by Betakeshi: 6:26am On Jul 15, 2018
I am grateful

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Want To Go Heaven If Adeboye, Kumuyi & Co Will Be There / Be warned Nigeria is in danger By Pastor Earthkumy / It Is The Holy Spirit That Led France's President Macron To Fela's Shrine - Seer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.