Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? (1122 Views)

Innoson Unveils Tricycle Ambulance For Quick Emergency Response / Overloaded Truck Fell Over Backwards. PHOTOS / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by ampboss1: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2018
Have you noticed that a growing number of ambulances – these days – have the word “ambulance” spelt backwards on the front of the vehicles?

That is, instead of the word “AMBULANCE”, it is spelt as ECNALUBMA.

Ever wondered the reason for that?

Well, the reason simple BELOW!:
SEE Why is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? BELOW!!

http://automilas.com/2018/07/15/why-is-the-word-ambulance-spelt-backwards-on-emergency-vehicles/

Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by toideve(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2018
I can't click that link
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Nairalanders retreat.. I repeat retreat!!! Do not click on the link grin grin grin grin

'Ambulance' is written backwards on the front of the vehicles so that drivers ahead can easily read the word from their rear view mirrors, especially in case of an emergency cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by sultaan(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2018
Try reading it from your rear view mirror
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by vertueptime: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2018
This caught my curiosity about 10yrs back, especially in countries like europle, at first I thought it was the camera that inverted the spellings,some how its true, look at the writing on this image

Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by vertueptime: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2018
My question is apart from images has any one ever seen an ambulance with the reverse spelling?
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by antagonist: 10:53am On Jul 15, 2018
vertueptime:
This caught my curiosity about 10yrs back, especially in countries like europle, at first I thought it was the camera that inverted the spellings,some how its true, look at the writing on this image

What you really need, is better critical thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by nams77: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2018
Elementary physics will sort this out. OP get a physics text book( okeke et el) and read the principles of light aves, refraction, reflection etc
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by vertueptime: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2018
antagonist:

What you really need, is better critical thinking.

And u really need critical reading, especially what i wrote earlier about inverted image.
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by Originalsly: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
Ambulance written backwards is intended for the driver of the vehicle travelling ahead of the ambulance to read from his rear view mirror....in the mirror the word will be normal.
Re: Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? by RZArecta2(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
La click, la bend cool

La thunder, la fire op.

grin guy man said ambulance is spelt backwards on the vehicles "these days" forgetting that it's not by force to open a blog site or write articles there especially if you're too lazy to conduct a research cool

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get Used Toyota Previa For 500k / Mobil 1 5w-50 Full Synthetic. / My Steering Is Hard.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.