Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting (389 Views)

Why Nigeria Should Adopt Electronic Voting – El-rufai / Ogbonnaya Onu: Why Nigeria Should Adopt Electronic Voting / N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
With what happened in Ekiti on Saturfay, the electoral process in Nigeria is doomed. The vote buying process now means the bigger cash you have, the better your chances. This is a very dangerous trend for our democracy. Yet we say we are fighting corruption! The world will know we are not serious, hence approving of us a corruption laden country and people

My suggested solution is to adopt technology. Almost all voters now have phones. If you can use a phone, you can as well vote electronically. All that are required are the card reader extension to have screen tab for all registered parties. Again, not all parties should be featuted, especially those without candidates. That way, counting and results are clearly known after the last voter. If we need additional evidence of votes cast, the system (card reader'fingerprint confirmation or any other controls would subsist.

This is not about APC or PDP, but the sanctity of our hard earned democracy. If we continue on this deceptive journey, Nigeria's democracy will only accommodate the money bags. Hence doomed!

Additionally, NASS need to revirw our electoral laws. Where financial inducement can be verified, the culprit party's result for such ward should be nullified outrightly. We need to deepen our democracy and this new trend is totally foolish.

I can just imagine how much the two parties spent on bribing for votes. The process means for you to think of winning election, you will need at least N5billion per state for small state like Ekiti. Lagos and Kano would need about N15b to N20b for vote buying. This is aside soending on campaigns, primaries, inducements to electoral officers, security agencies, etc. If a governor spends N5b to win an election, tell me what rights the people have to complain of non-performance.

We need to discourage this new trend. God bless Nigeria!
Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by Jokerman(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
Lol.... if I had the power, you won't vote except you have gotten SSCE at least coupled with the E-voting.... I wonder why people can't have integrity in Nigeria again....

We've lost a lot of morals...yet we have churches and mosques....

I just realized the problem isn't even Buhari 100% or GEJ % or OBJ...

1 Like

Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by rottennaija(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amitez:
With what happened in Ekiti on Saturfay, the electoral process in Nigeria is doomed. The vote buying process now means the bigger cash you have, the better your chances. This is a very dangerous trend for our democracy. Yet we say we are fighting corruption! The world will know we are not serious, hence approving of us a corruption laden country and people

My suggested solution is to adopt technology. Almost all voters now have phones. If you can use a phone, you can as well vote electronically. All that are required are the card reader extension to have screen tab for all registered parties. Again, not all parties should be featuted, especially those without candidates. That way, counting and results are clearly known after the last voter. If we need additional evidence of votes cast, the system (card reader'fingerprint confirmation or any other controls would subsist.

This is not about APC or PDP, but the sanctity of our hard earned democracy. If we continue on this deceptive journey, Nigeria's democracy will only accommodate the money bags. Hence doomed!

Additionally, NASS need to revirw our electoral laws. Where financial inducement can be verified, the culprit party's result for such ward should be nullified outrightly. We need to deepen our democracy and this new trend is totally foolish.

I can just imagine how much the two parties spent on bribing for votes. The process means for you to think of winning election, you will need at least N5billion per state for small state like Ekiti. Lagos and Kano would need about N15b to N20b for vote buying. This is aside soending on campaigns, primaries, inducements to electoral officers, security agencies, etc. If a governor spends N5b to win an election, tell me what rights the people have to complain of non-performance.

@op, are you from ekiti? Do you live there?
Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by DeBrain045(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
*singing* This is nigeria

look at were am living at

this is my country oh

everybody be criminal

Hey

Your suggestion is good but with the kind of leaders we have its not possible
Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
rottennaija:

@op, are you from ekiti? Do you live there?
How does being in Ekiti relate to the tooic? Confused?
Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amitez:
With what happened in Ekiti on Saturfay,

what happened
did it not happen 4 years ago on tape. did heaven fall

[quote ] the electoral process in Nigeria is doomed. The vote buying process now means the bigger cash you have, the better your chances.
[/quote] before nko
which country don't they spend money? or
you prefer they use the cash for lavish weddings in Dubai?

This is a very dangerous trend for our democracy.

why
is it not democracy again?

Yet we say we are fighting corruption!

saying and doing not the same thing

The world will know we are not serious, hence approving of us a corruption laden country and people

are you sovereign or you take orders from the world
grow the fvck up

My suggested solution is to adopt technology. Almost all voters now have phones. If you can use a phone, you can as well vote electronically.

the ones without phone nko
disenfranchise dem abi

I can see how intelligent you think you are

All that are required are the card reader extension to have screen tab for all registered parties. Again, not all parties should be featuted, especially those without candidates.

more disenfranchisation ko ?

That way, counting and results are clearly known after the last voter. If we need additional evidence of votes cast,

so they will know who to assassinate abi

Mucho stupido idea

the system (card reader'fingerprint confirmation or any other controls would subsist.

who will operate it
Jesus abi

This is not about APC or PDP, but the sanctity of our hard earned democracy.

what did you contribute to it
you get pvc sef

If we continue on this deceptive journey, Nigeria's democracy will only accommodate the money bags. Hence doomed!

name one country not run by money bags
leadership not for the lazy and untalented

Additionally, NASS need to revirw our electoral laws.

make them
I dare you

Where financial inducement can be verified, the culprit party's result for such ward should be nullified outrightly.

nullify now
with your mouth

We need to deepen our democracy and this new trend is totally foolish.

which trend
wetin de trend world over
dreamer

Is it your right
all the vote you voted (if you voted) for free what have you gained

discourage am na. we're behind you
Re: 2019: INEC Should Adopt Electronic Voting by rottennaija(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amitez:

How does being in Ekiti relate to the tooic? Confused?

Because if you had answered, I would have known what to say

(1) (Reply)

Oyo 2019: Suspected Thugs Attack Ex-cbn Deputy Governor, Adebayo Adelabu, Loyali / Breaking! Ortom: ‘i'm Still Flying The APC Flag’ / Osun SDP Crisis: Falae Vows To End Crisis, Backs Omisore For Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.