Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Can You Pray Hunger Away? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Pray Hunger Away? (496 Views)

When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Pray Hunger Away? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
Remember that it's a natural human desire. If you're severely hungry, can you read your bible, say prayers, and make the feeling go away?

This question is addressed to Christians (the only people in this section you're allowed to discuss with). Now, based on your answer above, what would you say to the 1st attached picture? Numerous people have replied that with prayer, all sexual desire can go away. So I was curious to know if it works the same way with hunger.

Remember, if you don't eventually eat and quench your hunger it could lead to starvation.

In the same vein, if you don't eventually take care of your sedual desires, apart from making irrational decisions, (see the 2nd picture) having generally unpleasant, uncomfortable moods (because you're constantly fighting back your feelings), infrequent ejaculation highly increases the risk of prostate cancer in men. I'm a man, so I'm speaking from a male point of view.

Yes, yes, the biological effect of starvation is far more instantaneous. But, physiologically, you could just as well ruin your life with unmanaged sexual desires. We read a lot of "strange" stories of men embarrassing themselves in public. You're on Nairaland so I don't need to explain that too much.

So what would you suggest?

Remember, before typing your answer I want you to replace sexual desire with hunger, and think about whether your answer still makes any sense. If it does, go ahead,type and post it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by hopefulLandlord: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
good question

1 Like

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by CAPSLOCKED: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2018

AND THE GREATEST PEEPING TOM (GOD) IS MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT ADULT HUMANS DO WITH THEIR GENITALS IN THEIR BEDROOMS, THAN PREVENTING DISASTERS OR HELPING CHILDREN AND WOMEN GOING THROUGH HELL IN EAST AFRICA, SOME PARTS OF ASIA, AND THE MIDDLE EAST.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by Dami12345: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AND THE GREATEST PEEPING TOM (GOD) IS MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT ADULT HUMANS DO WITH THEIR GENITALS IN THEIR BEDROOMS, THAN PREVENTING DISASTERS OR HELPING CHILDREN AND WOMEN GOING THROUGH HELL IN EAST AFRICA, SOME PARTS OF ASIA, AND THE MIDDLE EAST.

Lol
Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by festwiz(m): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yes!

If you die of starvation after fervent prayers, doesn't that mean you've "prayed" the hunger away? Or can a dead man be hungry?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
festwiz:
Yes!

If you die of starvation after fervent prayers, doesn't that mean you've "prayed" the hunger away? Or can a dead man be hungry?
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by romanreign2084: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2018
yes now;is not what we eat that make us healthy.is by GOD'S grace, just let ur heart be perfect with thy lord and he will see u through IJN
Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
romanreign2084:
yes now;is not what we eat that make us healthy.is by GOD'S grace, just let ur heart be perfect with thy lord and he will see u through IJN
Did you understand the opening post?
Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by els0nm0rali(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
Sigh. So many shidren running amok on religion section these days.

All these atheist-because-of-hunger, may God have mercy on you.

Anyway, OP, can I ask you a question?

If you were about to have sex with a beautiful and sexy babe and as you were about to enter her she whispers into your ears "I have AIDS". What would you do?

That is when you'll realize that you can actually exercise restraint when it comes to sex.

Sexual urge is not like hunger for food or thirst for water.

You can actually live without having sex for the rest of your life if you wanna.

But not so food. (Though I dare say there are people who actually have existed and still exist who live without physical sustenance of food).

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
els0nm0rali:
Sigh. So many shidren running amok on religion section these days.

All these atheist-because-of-hunger, may God have mercy on you.
I'm going to ignore these first two lines. You speak arrogantly because you don't know any better.

Anyway, OP, can I ask you a question?

If you were about to have sex with a beautiful and sexy babe and as you were about to enter her she whispers into your ears "I have AIDS". What would you do?

That is when you'll realize that you can actually exercise restraint when it comes to sex.
If you were about to eat a beautiful looking meal and then was told that each grain of rice was washed through horse urine for maximum taste, would you still go ahead? Can you now see how irrelevant your analogy is?

Sexual urge is not like hunger for food or thirst for water.
No bodily function is exactly like the others, because each body part performs different functions. But they all have something in common- its your body telling you what it needs.

You can actually live without having sex for the rest of your life if you wanna.

But not so food. (Though I dare say there are people who actually have existed and still exist who live without physical sustenance of food).
Of course you can live without having sex. But even though you increase your risk of having prostate cancer with infrequent ejaculation (as a male), if you don't do something about it on time then your body will forcefully ejaculate in your sleep (in a maximum of about 45 days). They're called 'Nocturnal Emissions' or 'Wet dreams'. Doing that is equal to making a decision to feed intravenously for the rest of your life, instead of actually tasting the food. Both can have adverse psychological effects, and I don't think I need to explain how to you. So, in order to satisfy both the physical AND PSYCHOLOGICAL need of conscious sexual activity, what would you suggest since both Sex and Masturbation are ruled out?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pray Hunger Away? by els0nm0rali(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=AnonyNymous post=69414745]

I'm going to ignore these first two lines. You speak arrogantly because you don't know any better.

Oh I'm sure that's what it is. Most atheists here are atheists because they've prayed and they've not been answered. Smh

If you were about to eat a beautiful looking meal and then was told that each grain of rice was washed through horse urine for maximum taste, would you still go ahead? Can you now see how irrelevant your analogy is?

I don't think you know what you are talking about. The analogy I made is very relevant. You made a similar analogy and then claimed that mine is irrelevant because there's a similar analogy. Puhleeeze...

No bodily function is exactly like the others, because each body part performs different functions. But they all have something in common- its your body telling you what it needs.

Of course you can live without having sex. But even though you increase your risk of having prostate cancer with infrequent ejaculation (as a male), if you don't do something about it on time then your body will forcefully ejaculate in your sleep (in a maximum of about 45 days). They're called 'Nocturnal Emissions' or 'Wet dreams'. Doing that is equal to making a decision to feed intravenously for the rest of your life, instead of actually tasting the food. Both can have adverse psychological effects, and I don't think I need to explain how to you. So, in order to satisfy both the physical AND PSYCHOLOGICAL need of conscious sexual activity, what would you suggest since both Sex and Masturbation are ruled out?

Like you've pointed out the body takes care of itself through wet dreams. How about females? Do they also stand the risk of cancer if they don't ejaculate or orgasm or are you saying that it's only men that masturbate?

There's never a place where I said that having sex is wrong or sinful. It's the context in which the sex is placed is what makes it wrong or right.

Arguing that with you from a moral point of view is pointless because you don't have one as an atheist.

I won't even also begin to try to explain to you that self-seeking pleasurable activities are almost always implemented wrongly. Sex and food inclusive. I'm sure you've heard of the words lust and gluttony.

So comparing wet dreams and feeding intravenously is quite crass in my opinion.

One is artificial, the other is natural.

When you give up sex for more sublime life experiences, then you'll realize that you haven't even begun to live.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does White Represent Jesus/angels And Black Represent Satan/demons? / 2018 Eid-el-kabir To Hold Tuesday, August 21 / The Sin Of Flesh And Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.