Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? (12802 Views)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Omuneizzy6(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2018
Prayers before meal has become part of religious belief, especially Christians. some times i pray just to thank God for provision and to provide more. nothing else though everyone has its own motive based on their belief.
Why do you pray before taking your meal?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by geoworldedu: 6:58pm On May 26, 2018
Because religious people are paranoia. They always fear everything.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Redoil: 8:06pm On May 26, 2018
Bless us and bless these foods oh lord from these ur gifts which we are about to recieve thru christ our lord amen

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Daulah(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2018
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 9:01am On May 27, 2018
Many pple pray when they eat outside. Asif it can nulify poisoned food angry

12 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Myketuale(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2018
To thank God for the meal and to sanctify the meal.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by kolawoleibukun2: 9:02am On May 27, 2018
You have to be very grateful to God because Jesus did the same. He prayed with his disciples before eating. and Christians should do the same. that does not guarantee salvation though, but it if you cannot pray before a meal pray after the meal.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by noble2faith(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2018
Nt all the time though; whenever I pray before meal my prayer is always based on thanksgiving.,.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 9:03am On May 27, 2018
The question is this?

If you pray before eating a food that has been poisoned, will it harm You?

Adeboye's son, Dare Adeboye once suffered food poisoning and was flown abroad for treatment to save his life. He was treated medically and not by prayers. Yet this is a man who boasted on driving on empty tank.

Sheeples open your eyes and be wise, dont die in ignorance.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by MxFactor: 9:04am On May 27, 2018
So that devil will not chop your food grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by CriticMaestro: 9:04am On May 27, 2018
They bible is your guide in Christendom

1 Corinthians 10:31 - Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Acts 27:35 - And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken [it], he began to eat.

Matthew 14:19-21 - And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to [his] disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2018
So you go belleful

It works for me well

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Yankiss(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2018
We take everything for-granted. It is necessary to thank God Almighty who provided the meal. As you are about to eat, thousands if not millions, are starving. Isn't that enough to thank God? Again, you do not know what is in the food you want to eat. Pray that God keeps you from harm way.

19 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by wittyt98(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2018
the only reason I pray after eating is just to show gratitude for the blessing. not because a particular system of belief or so called holy book says so but just because naturally it feels so good to be grateful. so many folks don't have the energy to hustle and provide food for themselves yunno. but I do so I'm grateful.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by jaymejate: 9:07am On May 27, 2018
I only thank God for the meal and ask him for another one.

The question is why do people who prepare the meal still bind and cast poison before eating . They don't trust their self ni

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by festwiz(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2018
I wonder how many pray when they are about to drink garri. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by 0temSapien: 9:09am On May 27, 2018
Prayer is useless...

Homo Sapiens III 15:12
12. Sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by CriticMaestro: 9:10am On May 27, 2018
To those that don't eat certain food (animals...e.g pig, dog)

1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by xreal: 9:10am On May 27, 2018
1. To thank God for the provision.
2. To thank God for the appetite.
3. To thank God for the sanity to eat.
4. To thank God for the ability to eat.
5. To thank God for not eating in hospital/prison.
6. To thank God for providing my next meal.

To thank God for EVERYTHING.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 9:10am On May 27, 2018
Yankiss:
We take everything for-granted. It is necessary to thank God Almighty who provided the meal. As you are about to eat, thousands if not millions, are starving. Isn't that enough to thank God? Again, you do not know what is in the food you want to eat. Pray that God keeps you from harm way.

So you need to thank him for providing for you and leaving million others to starve to death

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:11am On May 27, 2018
It's only God who can bless a meal.....
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by theunnamed: 9:11am On May 27, 2018
First, habit...
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by shaybebaby(f): 9:12am On May 27, 2018
festwiz:
I wonder how many pray when they are about to drink garri. tongue
I do, especially when the water chilled. I must extend my thanks for the electricity that powers the fridge that chills the water that tranforms my cassava flakes into a wonderful cereal that satesy hunger and quenches my thirst.

I now feel that an ode to garri is needed!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by redangel2017: 9:12am On May 27, 2018
There are many reasons.. Lizard could enter inside.. An evil person could poison ur food.. Many has died from food poisoning.. But when u pray.. Not knowing what is happening in spiritual places.. U never knw how many countless battles God has fought for u.. Just by praying... Prayer is the key wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by festwiz(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2018
shaybebaby:

I do, especially when the water chilled. I must extend my thanks for the electricity that powers the fridge that chills the water that tranforms my cassava flakes into a wonderful cereal that satesy hunger and quenches my thirst.

I now feel that an ode to garri is needed!
You're not well. Lol grin grin
G' morning

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 9:19am On May 27, 2018
A god that left millions of people to die of hunger yet you praise him before eating.

How selfish can you be when you think it is a dead jew that can save the world from hunger.

The gods have no business with our affairs, men provide for men. Do something to feed a hungry child today. Prayers is the least thing you can do...or how selfish and wicked is it to pray and thank your jewish god for providing for you while others are starving

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by helinues: 9:21am On May 27, 2018
No patience

Do you expect hostel boys to pray before meal?

1 Share

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by omowolewa: 9:21am On May 27, 2018
To make it sweeter
Jamiubond009:
cardigan nko

Am in church, dancing am coming
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by ISLAMBAD: 9:22am On May 27, 2018
To avoid being chocked by bone.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Jamiubond009(m): 9:23am On May 27, 2018
MxFactor:
So that devil will not chop your food grin grin grin
as in ehn. Stingy people
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:23am On May 27, 2018
yeyerolling:
Many pple pray when they eat outside. Asif it can nulify poisoned food angry
Yet that same prayer couldn't nullify the power of Boko Haram?

Ogbeni. Come make í put germalin inside water for you. Then pray. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Jamiubond009(m): 9:24am On May 27, 2018
omowolewa:
To make it sweater
cardigan nko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? / Should A Student Pay Tithe? / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.