Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,992 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

BREAKING: 23 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: 23 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno (287 Views)

Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno / Soldiers Missing As Insurgents Overwhelm Borno Army Installations / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: 23 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by 10Ebisco: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
No fewer than 23 Nigerian soldiers are yet to be accounted for after Boko Haram insurgents ambushed a military convoy at Boboshe village in Bama local government area of Borno.

Five officers, 18 soldiers and 8 trucks were missing after the attack which occurred early on Saturday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the military, acting on intelligence, mobilised troops in a convoy of 11 trucks to clear the insurgents from the deserted village.

The attacking insurgents were believed to have been those who escaped the ongoing offensive by the military to flush out the Boko Haram terrorists in the fringes of Sambisa Forest and Lake Chad region.

A competent military source told NAN that the insurgents in their hundreds ambushed the troops and in the process many of them had been missing.

He disclosed that only three of the 11 trucks deployed to the area returned to their base in Maiduguri, after suffering huge loss in the battle with the insurgents.

“There was a quick response by the army when they received reports that hundreds of the insurgents gathered at Boboshe on Maiduguri-Konduga-Bama road.

“The gallant soldiers were ambushed by the insurgents, only three of the 11 trucks returned to the base.

“It is not clear what happened but it was assumed the soldiers were missing following the ambush,” he added.

Meanwhile, residents of Jilli community in Gubio local government council of Borno, on Saturday fled the town sequel to an attack by Boko Haram insurgents.

It was learnt that the insurgent attacked the area from the axis of Lake Chad, forcing the residents to flee.

Malam Bukar Mustapha, one of the residents, told NAN that he and other villagers fled their homes when they received report that the insurgents were coming to attack them.

“In the afternoon on Saturday, we heard that the insurgents gathered in the nearby bush preparing for the attack.

“I am one of those who ran to Maiduguri, which is about 45 kilometres from my village.

“On Sunday morning, I called Gubio and I was told that the insurgents had attacked the town during the night time. I do not have the casualties because the situation is still not clear at Jilli,” Mustapha said.

Another resident who pleaded anonymity said troops had been deployed to the area.

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-23-soldiers-missing-after-boko.html

Re: BREAKING: 23 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
This is what you get when a country has no real military

90% of those in the army entered there due to not having any job hence they joined the army to avoid starvation

So do you think these people can really fight die hard insurgents?
Re: BREAKING: 23 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
The same Boko Haram, they claimed to have been defeated? The same Boko Haram, they said repented & even snapped photos with? The same Boko Haram, they have agreed to enlist as Army Officers?
You see why Black Men are too backward! I don't pity them cos when the Soldiers see unarmed Civilians, they will start displaying their usual unnecessary frustration on them.
Lalasticlala, come & hear this, biko!

(1) (Reply)

Spotlight On Isd Endorsement Rally For Gov Emmanuel & Sen. Akpabio / PDP Condemns Alleged Attack On Journalists By ‘APC Thugs’ In Osogbo / Ekiti House Of Assembly Condemns And Rejects Governorship Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.