Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno (62774 Views)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Ambush, Kill Several ISWAP Fighters (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Soldier, Hussaini, Killed In A Boko Haram Ambush In Zamfara (Photos) / Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele Killed In Boko Haram Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by OboloMAN: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tears flowed as News filtered in last night that one of Obolo's (Andoni) finest Soldier was ambushed and killed by Boko Haram Insurgents in the Gudumbali general area of Borno State. His 10-vehicle convoy was on its way to the Gudumbali area from the town of Kukawa for a military operation against the insurgents when it came under fire.

In the fierce battle that occurred during the attack, Major Urang and other troop members were severely wounded and paid the ultimate price while the Nigerian Army killed “scores of the terrorists” who came with rocket launchers and grenades.

Until his death, Major U. I Urang was the commanding officer 123 Special forces battalion of the Nigerian Army and had led many successful operations against the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) popularly called Boko Haram.

The entire Obolo Nation, Andoni LGA, Ijaw, Rivers State, and Nigeria mourns as we call for the immediate end of insurgency and unnecessary death of our gallant officers.

Rest in Peace Major Urang !!

Death .......
Bokoharam.......why ?
We reserve our comment......
This is a man we just celebrated his birthday on the 8th of March.

This is the epitome of defense image in obolo, a natural light to emulate, a builder etc but unexpected death took him away without Obolo development mission accomplishment.

He was a pillar indeed ....
Very heavy to write R.I.P
Our game planned to create more opportunities to obolo youths just cut....
Mmmm....the cry is too heavy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2920272641530847&id=100006444180337

3 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
A man from Andoni, fighting a useless fight that was created by Kanuri politicians.

485 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by OboloMAN: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
CC Lalasticlala

Last Respect to our Fallen Hero

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by EKONGKING: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
So a soldier from Rivers paid ultimate price for a issue which does not concern any body in the state . While a soldier from north east part of the country will mount road block ,harass and extort money from people of river state.
In this geographic expression aka failed nation ,there seems to be federal character of sharing duties ,only in respect to soldiers ,while juiciest political, economical , military duties are reserved for one section of the country.

Wont be suprised ,if one of the boko supporters in fulani army has leaked the information as usual.

330 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by lamentor78(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
What can I say, the same army are informant to Boko Haram

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Freestainworld(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
I don't pity these heartless souls, he only met his match, when they see innocent civilians they will be flexing muscles as if they are the owner of our lives.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by orisa37: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
SOLDIERS CAN'T FIGHT ENEMIES IN THEIR COUNTRIES. WHAT IF THESE FIGHTS WERE WITH FULANIS IN FUTA DJALON OR NIGER REPUBLIC..NO WONDER THE FRENCH DROVE THEM OUT OF MALI

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by harmargedon: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
How can you win a war that doesn't exist. He was ambushed with terrorists carrying rocket launchers. And the Nigerian Army haven't for once found the mole who's giving out information to these terrorists.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Maxymilliano(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
So this was the Commanding Officer (CO) that was sacrificed along with 14 of its gallant troops for Buhari's incompetence cry cry cry

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by tit(f): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
They killed Colonel London from Ahaoda last month,
Now Major Urang.
Rivers officers are wipe out from army.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Rugaria: 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
Sabotage! Boko sympathisers inside the Army are leaking military movements to their brothers in sambisa.

53 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Mightyhaiz: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by EzeNri(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
My question is, why would a Major be commanding a Battalion, a Special Force Battalion for that matter?

A Colonel should command a Battalion, Brigadier General, a Brigade and Major General a Division.

A Major should be commanding a Company not a Special Forces Battalion please.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by BlackfireX: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
fake news

fake news

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by PHijo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
It pains me any time it is reported that an Ijaw man died fighting Bokoharam. We are not meant to be on that war front. I don't see the need.

May his soul rest in peace!

19 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by knightsTempler: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
If you are in the military and from the South or MB and still haven’t resigned, I’m sorry you are gambling with your life. These northerners are sympathetic to Boko haram and their cohorts, they wouldn’t blink an eye in selling you out to their Terrorist brethren. Know this and know peace.

Stop being politically correct and start being pragmatic and see things for what they are.

Rest In Peace Major Urang

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by optionalY09: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
BabaOwen:
A man from Andoni, fighting a useless fight that was created by Kanuri politicians.

A very useless fight, they created two sides of the army and set one against the other

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by knightsTempler: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
BlackfireX:
fake news

fake news

When fulani herdsmen, bandits, BH or ISAP kill any members of your unfortunate family you sprout out from, may the world remember to tag it a fake news. Ise!!

15 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by jneutron4000: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
If this is true, while will a person from South died for the North created problem This is pure stupidity.

26 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by BlackfireX: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
knightsTempler:

When fulani herdsmen, bandits, BH or ISAP kill any members of your unfortunate family you sprout out from, may the world remember to tag it a fake news. Ise!!

ipob miscreants spotted.

your statement have been sent to appropriate quarters

3 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by frank202012: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
oga nah u kpeme ur self. have no rip to type.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Gofwane(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
Freestainworld:
I don't pity these heartless souls, he only met his match, when they see innocent civilians they will be flexing muscles as if they are the owner of our lives.
My heart so cold towards these Nigerian Army guys that I don't feel any sympathy for them anymore. They've allowed themselves to become objects of ridicule through corruption and lack of professionalism.

Shout out to the Air force. Their standards are top notch.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Morningstarrr(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
The Northern soldiers should be one to engage BH. That way, the mole within the Army can be easily detected

23 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by wallay77(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2021
Why everybody no kukuma go their separate ways so this God forsaken region can do themselves anyhow...na wa oo..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Jonaah76(m): 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2021
Too bad after studying hard to major in University of ibadan his life was wasted like that
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Tefekis: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
May he rest in peace.

____

LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263088_get01_jpeg244697957fd2ba75d65b1ca5c1b7fa09

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263092_marr01_jpeg76110f727b4c2b1a435bfd5533a37bf3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263090_aa01_jpegd02f1f05ba2ae046ce617eb0204cc519

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263094_of_jpegbff4bac45bc461931b269c5bb272f34b
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by ednut1(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
A coup is long overdue biko

9 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nigeriabiafra82: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
What a waste
Mostly killed are from south

10 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by fidel2(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
RIP .......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by iHart(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
Look at beautiful souls we are losing because of a fight we should have quenched long time ago if not for corruption!!!

RIP Major embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Goldenheart(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
embarassed
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Slynation(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
hmmm.... it's always Southerners, there are too many saboteurs in the Nigerian military force, My childhood friend with the Nigerian AirForce do update me on how highly classified info are been diverged to the terrorists which always counter their attacks and leads to been ambushed by the terrorists....This country is indeed a goner

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces / Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Photos From Mamman Daura's 80th Birthday Party In London. FFK Reacts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.