Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months (24272 Views)

Bisi Fayemi: Ekiti State First Lady Denies Contesting For Senate / Fayose Asked Us To Support Fayemi – Ekiti PDP Assembly Members / President Buhari Receives Fayemi, Ekiti APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Josskute(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2018
magoo10:
no need for the argument osun election is close and they are owing workers salaries ,I will save your monicker and remind you then
lols no worries bro, but don't forget that we are all hoping for a better Nigeria
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by kinibigdeal(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2018
post=69419897:
Man wey sabi!
The fountain of knowledge indigenes NEVER made a mistake in voting in this great Economist.

Great economist that put the state under debt. Fayemi has been there before, what miracle did he performed?
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Macon1212: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
But, what happened to Ekiti state allocation all these years? I mean, do Fayose normally throw it into the deep ocean that made him not to pay salaries for over time??

Nigeria's politicians will all be thrown into the hottest part of hell angry

That's why Fayose lost election, hungry workers are angry workers

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by inoki247: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2018
Shakushaku1:

Nothing was rigged bro, if u dnt stay in the state u wldnt believe, I met with friends who are opposition and said same number of vote counted at the polls were declared by inec, hard to believe but fayose was actually booted out, nobody saw that coming, most of his allies betrayed him, he thought he had their backup but they left him a long time ago.. Not their fault tho, fayose was selfish and self centered, u claim to be a saint but embezzle money underG, cut govt appointees salaries for your own benefit and personal monetary gain, he's been feeding fat but his followers stays hungry..

Stomach infrastructure was sham, Just another way to steal tax payers money, if u know anyone in ekiti, tell them to visit their office, I bet u wnt find a single bag of rice in that commission, tell them to speak with some of the workers then ull get a better picture, millions are been allocated for stomach infrastructure, but stipends are been spent for the masses,while the chunk of the loot is being kept by fayose.

A lot of things will unfold in weeks to come, but I trust my pple to call it victimization or witch hunting cos he's pdp, but ask urself how many times has buhari or fayemi threatened or replied fayose despite all his antics?

Yoruba pple dnt play party politics, if u mess up u must go home, no two ways about it, ya party pple will even join hands to fck u up, let's keep sending them home until they realize this and sit up.

Ekiti election was free and fair

ain't buying d not paying d salary shiiit won't make u win an Election in Nigeria.. Ibikunle Amosun, Aregbeshola, nd Ajibola Ajimobi wen dey went for Re Election dey were owing Salaries... so no point in u not paying salary in diz country if u are gonna win u will win.. don't b surprise if pipul in Kogi fall mugun again nd vote Yahaya Bello...
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Cumtroller: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2018
Of what Economic benefit is Ekiti State to Nigeria?
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Butterflyleo: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2018
GT bank

ECO BANK

COCA COLA

All three can now return to Ekiti.

Fayose drove them out when they refused to do his bidding.

Very lame governor.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Chiboto414: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2018
EternalTruths:

As a Biafran I will tell you the truth.

The election was free and fair.

Number 1 rule of politics.

18 months to election, make sure you start paying your civil servants.

12 months to election, make sure you unofficially double their salaries.

6 months to election, make sure you unofficially double their bonuses.

3 months to election, tax exempt them.

After election, return everything to status quo.con
confirm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Rajman45(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2018
MrMystrO:

That was when they started trying to frustrate him. The man has been crying since last year until This month Oga. He never stopped Crying out. People expect him to generate money from the air but we all know it's common knowledge that Ekiti state cannot survive without federal allocation, so the salary problem was not from Ekiti, it was from ABUJA.
I thought 1+1 is very easy to solve... U keep reposting an event of Jan 2017, which has been resolved. This is 7 month salaries we are talking about, not 18 month as at when ur news was reported..... Meaning that, he has been paying the workers prior to the last 7 month. Wettin cum happen again after he has received 2 bailout funds.
This is July 2018, the last time fayose paid was last year,7 solid months ago. Despite receiving bailout funds on two separate occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Automatic3444(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2018
EternalTruths:

After election, return everything to status quo.
No wonder will are still suffering..
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Jaymaestro(m): 10:21am On Jul 16, 2018
Finally, Ekitians _ Let`s Dance. Our Man is Come !

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Holadokun(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2018
I will wait and Remind you after 6months. That was same way Akeredolu told us.

#Apc is bleeped.

Democracy in Nigeria is government that is 'off' the people, 'buy' the people and 'force' the people.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by DeOTR: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2018
hush15:

No i disagree with you. There has to be a balance. Also, dont forget Fayose faced challenges with the FG in terms of allocation. Sometime last year or the year before, he had to go to abuja to see Adeosun before he could get his allocation. Another truth is he ia being denied allocations recently because of elections.

I understand your point but when its not enough, its not enough, there is no two story about that and ekiti needs to break that rat race cycle in other to grow.

While the results is being keenly contested and everything unfolds, lets see how Fayemi goes. I can assure you, promise would be broken....
Payment of salary is the basic function of any government. Any other things are secondary.
In a situation where everything is financially tight, the government should use the available resources to pay the workers (the economy remains stable when people have money to spend). For a state like Ekiti, nonpayment of salaries will aggravate suffering.
I'm sure Fayose must have been spending the state resources on irrelevance too.
The problem with governance in Nigeria is that the cost of running government is too expensive. Consider the Executive and the Legislature for example.
These people put themselves first and if there's nothing left after that, they give excuses to the masses.

With Fayemi coming on board, I still don't see the end of suffering for the people of the state. Things might even get worse.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by mechanics(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2018
Na so.
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
But, what happened to Ekiti state allocation all these years? I mean, do Fayose normally throw it into the deep ocean that made him not to pay salaries for over time??

Nigeria's politicians will all be thrown into the hottest part of hell angry
Fayose is the kind of politician Nigerians deserve. Most of them want good government but act in opposite to progress by supporting people who have no time to help them.
All most people think about is now instead of looking forward to how the now will influence their tomorrow.

Imagine a governor who is owing civil servants for more than half a year and with no project that will help the state's economy to be better is still having supporters just because of hate and sentiments. Ask those supporting him how they would feel if they or their family members were among those owed salaries.

Do u think a politician who's owing 3months salary to civil servants in developed countries can survive for another month or even have d courage to front somebody who will take over from him??

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2018
EternalTruths:

Hmmm! bro,sense too much for you! I doff my hat .
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by boyjo: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2018
So Fayose was owing salaries and he was making all that noise?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by expressglory: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2018
boyjo:
So Fayose was owing salaries and he was making all that noise?

Thank you ooo my brother.Not only was he owing salary he also behaves like an emperor

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by omanzo02: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2018
APC is fond of making empty promises to their gullible followers lol, I will mark this post and news, after 6 months I will remind you all how useless and daft APC is. grin
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by boyjo: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2018
expressglory:

Thank you ooo my brother.Not only was he owing salary he also behaves like an emperor

Lol. The thing shock me o. Emperor indeed.
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by guyinlexy: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2018
Free Education.....lol...same old lyrics....Nigerians i hail thee....wish i cld hibernate any political news in Nigeria...
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by lordcrypto: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2018
magoo10:
As a governor and magician of a ruling party why wait for six months .
Obviously another political trick to help campaign for buhari 2019.

APC and aregbesola is owing months salaries in osun state,let's see if federal might and rigging will not be used to win the elections.
forget all this your noise, pdp can never win osun, right it down today.
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by magoo10(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
lordcrypto:
[s]forget all this your noise, pdp can never win osun, right it down today. [/s]
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by divinelove(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
Josskute:
I agree with you on that, but don't you think the federal might was effective because the people were hungry and exhaused? Why Wasn't Lagos reclaimed when GEJ was in power with all the federal might and rigging?

You are even going very far, refer him to what happened in Anambra election not long ago. Why didn't APC claim Anambra with federal might because the Governor had civil servants votes on account of regular payment of salaries
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by pafisayo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
i wonder oo! eh!! the salaries should have been paid within weeks of the new regime, i think this is more promises and more promises. and even more endless promises

Please contribute money for him
Leaders of tomorrow you are .
First to pay salaries all states rely on
- allocation and IGR’
If the Allocation alone is enough to pay salaries and maybe do one or two projects am sure most Governors won’t owe more than 2months max!
The incoming governor probably has an idea of the civil servants strength in EKITI and also its monthly allocation in a few weeks it will know the strength of its IGR and also its debt status .
So for anyone to even suggest EKITI state pay up 7 months salary owed instantly’ that’s stupendously impossible neithe is it viable or mathematically possible . Anyone without biased mind or any party sentiments should know this .
It’s not Rocket science .
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by marv1: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Honestly this is where I disagree with fayose. How can you owe workers six months salary and expect them to vote your candidate? He has collected bail out funds two times and yet nothing to show for it. This is the type of stupid politics of impunity associated with Nigerian politicians.
Its pure wickwdness.

You did not add this . He also collected Paris club funds three times , the last one and the largest he collected was this year January 2018 yet he refused to pay because he believes he is a don and a master player he has forgotten that pride goes before fall,
Now Fayose has fallen yakakata. He has offended several people without him thinking about it because he believes he knows how to manipulate and contort lies and propaganda to deceive the people.
Fayose is a scammer , a cheat, a deceiver, master propagandist, a dictator, selfish and greedy man.

Do you know that if Fayose had paid workers salary regularly a lot of people would have still believed him to be saint. But God made him to be full of arrogance and made him not to pay salaries and misbehave to abuse his office as he likes. because his destruction is very near.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by denjjy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
I know JKF to be a brainy politician that has the interests of the masses in his mind and I refuse to believe that he would threat the people of Ekiti like that inactive ineffectual SAN, that hogwash everywhere he goes.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by divinelove(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
EternalTruths:

In a free and fair election, Okezie of Abia State will lose election because of salaries.

If APC ensure that no electoral irregularities in Abia State, APC will defeat PDP because of Okezie non payment of salaries.

APGA won the last time

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Agbaletu: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
EternalTruths:

I really like your style of politics. You have been very sincere since the result came out yesterday. The 19000+ margin was created by the Civil Servants that are being owed 6 - 8 months salaries. A member of our party told me that why can't Fayose agree with Eleka to even pay one or two months salaries before the election day, but Fayose refused and Prof. Eleka was not happy with him.
Ekiti governorship election was never rigged!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by tboy2233: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
magoo10:
As a governor and magician of a ruling party why wait for six months .
Obviously another political trick to help campaign for buhari 2019.

APC and aregbesola is owing months salaries in osun state,let's see if federal might and rigging will not be used to win the elections.
fayemi is not someone that tell lies to gain anything,he fulfill all his electioneering campaign in his last govt but lost to fayose propaganda and lies and because he allow fayose to use civil servants against him (his greatest mistake)
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by 2LESS(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
That was how Fashola promised to fix our power issues in 6 months. Eeediots!
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by MrT4T: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
I trust Fayemi, he is a man of honor and integrity. Congratulations Ekitees
Re: Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months by Grayxme: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ahaaa.....Fayemi obviously has the interest of the people at heart. He is known to be the man of words and am certain that the people of Ekiti will sure not regret associating with change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Denola Seriki Is Dead! Nigeria's Ambassador To Spain Dies At 63 / Army Report: Senior Military Officers Denied US, UK Visas Over Rights Abuses / Federal Government's Effort To Secure Nigeria Highlighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.