Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,980 members, 7,866,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Open Letter To United Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To United Nations (403 Views)

Abdul'aziz Yari, Flown To United Kingdom In Wheelchair For Medical Care / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Submits List Of State That Make Up Biafra To United Nation / How Boko Haram Is Funded – United Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To United Nations by kynsoo(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2018
Open letter to UN

Dear United Nations,
I was told by my teacher many years ago that U.N is an organization or community of different countries tasked to maintain international peace and security, promote Human Rights and proffer solutions to natural disasters and other displeasing conditions through her humanitarian services.
I will start by asking this question, Is Nigeria actually a member state of the UN? If yes, then why the silentness? Why has U.N chosen to be silent on matters concerning Nigeria's peace, security and human right violations.
It is appalling that a country with such a great affluence like Nigeria has been ignored and neglected by the United Nations. Countless times Nigeria has been struck with security challenges ranging from book haram, religious crisis and the most recent attack by Fulani herdsmen which has displaced reasonable number of Nigerians from their respective abodes. Moreover, It is crystal clear that the Nigerian president and commander in chief of the armed forces has been insensitive about these ugly situations as he only resort to unnecessary critics and frivolous excuses. Oftentimes the fundamental Human Rights of innocent Nigerians are being violated without due response from the appropriate authorities. In the light of all these, I remain baffled that United Nations have been silent and pretend not be aware of our plight. The U.N has neglected her onus as an organization. Ofcourse this is quite unlike U.N when it comes to matters concerning any country in Europe or America.
With bitter heart, I ask again, is it that the number of lives being lost in Nigeria on daily basis is very minute therefore U.N should sit and target a certain number or the killing should continue until the whole country especially the Chrisians are wiped out before U.N can intervene with her humanitarian services.
Not quite long, some group of people because of the oppression, maim, humiliation and injustice protested peacefully for referendum to grant them independent for their safety. Surprisingly, the Nigerian government was very proactive enough to proscribe and label them terrorists whereas the so-called herdsmen that have unlawfully murdered and displaced hundreds of Nigerians amid destruction of houses with no remorse are being granted interview to give reasons and defend their malodorous act instead of arresting and prosecuting them.
Sequel to all these, one would expect a diplomatic response and effective peacekeeping effort from UN in order to curtail the blood shed, foster peace and unity and restore our democratic legitimacy but up to this very moment we have neither heard nor noticed a genuine move by the United Nations.
Finally, on behalf of common Nigerians, I urge UN to remember the crisis in Nigeria, hear our cry and intervene timely before its too late. We cannot continue this way else one faithful day Nigeria will turn to a mere refugee camp.
Thanks for your kind consideration.

Sincerely
Nwaiwu Kingsley

1 Share

Re: Open Letter To United Nations by dubemnaija: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is good

(1) (Reply)

Lesson From Africa’s Youngest Ruler / Stranded Nigerians In Russia Arrive In Abuja / FAAC: Why Disbursement Of Revenue Continues To Stall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.