|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,932,807 members, 7,093,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 September 2022 at 09:54 AM
|Tips To Help You Avoid Back Pains At The Office by FundmengREP: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2018|
1. Make sure your lower back is curved naturally forward
NB: This helps to reduce strain on your back. Many official designed chairs have a “lumbar support” built into them that is designed to maintain
If your chair doesn't not have a lumbar support, you can buy a lumbar support pillow to stick behind your back.
If you can't do that, it is best to sit forward in your chair so you can let your spine fall naturally into a forward curve.
Have a look at our ergonomic office chairs
2. Make sure your keyboard and mouse are at the same level.
3. The computer monitor should be directly in front of you. This way you will not lean or have a hunched back.
4. Every 30 minutes, make sure you go on a break. A small walk, a toilet break or just climbing stairs for five minutes will help your posture.
5. Keep telling yourself to sit straight and don't bend your neck too much to look down at the keyboard.
6. Keeping your knees at 90 degrees helps. When the knees are directly over your ankles, then the spine is comfortable.
7. Your torso should be about an arm’s length away from the monitor, which should be 2 to 3 inches above eye level.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30