Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

What Is Faith? Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Faith? Part 2 (231 Views)

What Is Faith / How Is Faith Chosen????? / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Faith? Part 2 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
What Is Faith? Part 2

It Is An Expression Of Confidence In God

Faith is the practical expression of confidence in God and His Word.

Hebrews 10:35-36 tells us:
"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

God said to Abram, "Get thee out... (Gen. 12:1) And verse 4 of the same Chapter 12 tells us, "So Abraham departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him..." This is a practical expression of confidence!

God said to Noah, "It will so rain that the earth will be flooded!" And despite the fact that no rain has fallen yet, Noah moved with fear and built an ark, as God had instructed him. (Gen. 6,7,cool.

He built that ark for 120 years! This is a display of confidence in God and His Word!

When God called me into ministry, He told me, "Carry nothing for your journey." I agreed with Him, and I had no re-think such as, "What if nothing happens?"

He told me I didn't even need two pairs of shoes, nor two coats; that before the one I'm wearing wears out, He will give me another one.

"And greet no man on the way." That is, "Let no man become important enough to divert your attention. I am up to the commission."

I believed Him! And I've not needed to beg any man, living or dead, till date.

Faith is the practical expression of confidence in God and what He has said.

I caught something in my study – something I called the song of faith:

"If God can't, nobody else can. If God can't, no one else should try. If God can't, it is eternally hopeless to expect anything.
But hallelujah! He is the Lord, the God of all flesh, and there's nothing too hard for Him!"

Friends, we are going to thread down the mountains and fill up the valleys!

Faith is it!

In Daniel chapter 3, Nebuchadnezzar threatened the three Hebrew boys with the fiery furnace, and they said, "Oh! We know better!

Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us, and He will deliver us. But should He choose not to, we remain confident! We will not bow to your image!" (Paraphrased).

That is confidence! The Bible says it has great recompense of reward.

In Hebrews 11:6, we are told:
"...he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Faith, an expression of confidence, establishes reward – great reward!

The Lord spoke to Abraham, after He had waited 25 years to get Isaac, "Bring me your son. I want to 'eat' him. Sacrifice him to me on the mountain." Gen. 22:2 paraphrased).

And Abraham set out to do exactly as God had commanded him, believing that God is able to raise sons unto him out of stones. (Heb. 11:17-19) Confidence extraordinaire!

Abraham believed God, and by that act of faith, he became the father of all that is born again and has an inheritance with God. (Rom. 4:3,16).

To Be Continued...

Exploits Of Faith, David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

All Baptized Christians Must Be Missionaries- Pope Francis / Major Newsslider Fayose’s Arrogance Caused Pdp’s Defeat- Primate Ayodele / Police Saves Pastor From Mob Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.