Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

How Is Faith Chosen????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Faith Chosen????? (1610 Views)

What Is Faith ? : A Dialogue Between Man And God / What Is Faith / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
This is for those who consider or regard faith as a choice

How is faith chosen or how does a person choose faith

How does it happen
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
Crystyano:
How is faith chosen or how does a person choose faith??
How does it happen??
Depends on what you need faith for. You can start by clearly defining your reasons and goals for choosing faith, select the few faiths you think may align with your goals and begin investigating each, making sure to put mind, body and soul into your attempts so when you finally rule any out, you are indeed sure it is not for you, as you move on through the others. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Crystyano:

How is faith chosen or how does a person choose faith
How does it happen
Faith is the assured expectations of what is hoped for the evidence demonstration of realities though not seen! Hebrews 11:1
From the above definition it means only good people have faith, evil people don't.
But how do we distinguish between a good and evil person?
Is it by what they're doing?
Is by the way they treat others?
The answer to the above two questions is NO!
The Bible revealed to us that there are many good people that were doing evil things in the past but later change and there were people doing what seems good to everyone before but ended up turning their backs on faith.

So how do we distinguish between a good person and the evil person from God's own viewpoint?

First of all we must know that the way God sees things totally differs from the way God view it {Isaiah 55:8-9} because man only see the outward appearance and how you behave but God looks straight into your heart! 1Samuel 16:7 compare to Act 1:24

Well those belonging to the house of faith are people who only practice what they found other practicing whether it's good or evil due to the fact that the unanswered questions in their hearts makes them feel like where is God to answer them?
But once they are able to get satisfying answers to the questions bothering their hearts they will repent instantly! Luke 23:41-43; Act 2:37

As for evil people in God's sight, this are those who pretends to be part of those practicing what is good simply because that's what the majority around them approves but when they now find out that it's not by following what is generally accepted by the majority they'll become spiteful and turn to support everything including what they've condemned in the past as evil deeds!

That's why God's word says faith is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Depends on what you need faith for. You can start by clearly defining your reasons and goals for choosing faith, select the few faiths you think may align with your goals and begin investigating each, making sure to put mind, body and soul into your attempts so when you finally rule any out, you are indeed sure it is not for you, as you move on through the others. undecided

I'm not asking about what is good or bad

If you see faith as a matter of choice instead of chance
Then how is it selected or chosen?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Faith is the assured expectations of what is hoped for the evidence demonstration of realities though not seen! Hebrews 11:1
From the above definition it means only good people have faith, evil people don't.
But how do we distinguish between a good and evil person?
Is it by what they're doing?
Is by the way they treat others?
The answer to the above two questions is NO!
The Bible revealed to us that there are many good people that were doing evil things in the past but later change and there were people doing what seems good to everyone before but ended up turning their backs on faith.

So how do we distinguish between a good person and the evil person from God's own viewpoint?

First of all we must know that the way God sees things totally differs from the way God view it {Isaiah 55:8-9} because man only see the outward appearance and how you behave but God looks straight into your heart! 1Samuel 16:7 compare to Act 1:24

Well those belonging to the house of faith are people who only practice what they found other practicing whether it's good or evil due to the fact that the unanswered questions in their hearts makes them feel like where is God to answer them?
But once they are able to get satisfying answers to the questions bothering their hearts they will repent instantly! Luke 23:41-43; Act 2:37

As for evil people in God's sight, this are those who pretends to be part of those practicing what is good simply because that's what the majority around them approves but when they now find out that it's not by following what is generally accepted by the majority they'll become spiteful and turn to support everything including what they've condemned in the past as evil deeds!

That's why God's word says faith is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley

I'm not asking about who is good or bad

Then state how it is chosen
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2021
Crystyano:

I'm not asking about what is good or bad
Then how is it selected or chosen
I didn't state anything of good or bad. What I have you pretty much the high level on how I made my choice of faith. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't state anything of good or bad. What I have you pretty much the high level on how I made my choice of faith. undecided

You didn't state how you chose anything

Before you say these are my reasons for choosing

How did you choose!?

I know you choose spaghetti or chicken by lifting or picking it up with your hands

What about faith?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2021
Crystyano:

You didn't state how you chose anything
Before you say these are my reasons for choosing
How did you choose!?
I know you choose spaghetti or chicken by lifting or picking it up with your hands
What about faith?
I chose the faith I have now after wholeheartedly investigating several options out there, basing my choice on what my ideas and goals were and still are. undecided

I don't choose spaghetti or chicken by lifting it up or picking it up with my hands. I deciede first on a goal, consider the option of which spaghetti, chicken are some, and then I access the qualities of spaghetti, chicken etc., to arrive at a suitable combo for my meal.. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I chose the faith I have now after wholeheartedly investigating several options out there, basing my choice on what my ideas and goals were and still are. undecided

How did you investigate?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Crystyano:
How did you investigate?
Asked questions of those who were past and current and Even looking to leave each faith, and I also read through even possible manuscript, not opinion publication, about the faith. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Asked questions of those who were past and current and Even looking to leave each faith, and I also read through even possible manuscript, not opinion publication, about the faith. undecided

How did you choose after investigating?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I don't choose spaghetti or chicken by lifting it up or picking it up with my hands. I deciede first on a goal, consider the option of which spaghetti, chicken are some, and then I access the qualities of spaghetti, chicken etc., to arrive at a suitable combo for my meal.. undecided

When you get to the market

You literally select by lifting up

Thinking doesn't mean literally selecting
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

I'm not asking about who is good or bad
If you see faith as a matter of choice instead of chance. Then state how it is chosen
Faith comes when you hear something really interesting but before you can choose it you need to be fully convinced that what you heard is true, that's where the faithful ones come in to help you.
In the first instance your own mindset really matters because if you're the type that doesn't have sound mind then nothing will interest you except what is visible to everyone and you should know that that's stupidity because if you have to wait for everyone to confirm what is around you then you can't have a life.
Imagine a person seeking a job and someone just informed him that there's a job opportunity around the corner, does the applicant need everyone around him to confirm the job opportunity before making a move?
Well that could only happens if you aren't really in need of the job! smiley
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

You are talking about Weights. And it is reported that the heavier Chicken is the Gooder/Better Choice.

And therefore you are choosing based on GOODNESS!

But if you were choosing based on badness like a servant against his master's wife, then you would select the lightest one you can find.

All Choices Always come down to what you want whether Good or evil, whether in going to the market or choosing a partner or job/work or Master/Servant, whether you are aware of the choice of Good vs evil, or not!
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by orisa37: 5:46am On Oct 15, 2021
Through your DREAMS THAT MANIFEST.
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are talking about Weights. And it is reported that the heavier Chicken is the Gooder/Better Choice.

And therefore you are choosing based on GOODNESS!

But if you were choosing based on badness like a servant against his master's wife, then you would select the lightest one you can find.

All Choices Always come down to what you want whether Good or evil, whether in going to the market or choosing a partner or job/work or Master/Servant, whether you are aware of the choice of Good vs evil, or not!

I am not asking WHY you choose

I am asking HOW you choose faith

Since you can't determine how you choose faith
Then faith is not a choice
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Faith comes when you hear something really interesting but before you can choose it you need to be fully convinced that what you heard is true, that's where the faithful ones come in to help you.
In the first instance your own mindset really matters because if you're the type that doesn't have sound mind then nothing will interest you except what is visible to everyone and you should know that that's stupidity because if you have to wait for everyone to confirm what is around you then you can't have a life.
Imagine a person seeking a job and someone just informed him that there's a job opportunity around the corner, does the applicant need everyone around him to confirm the job opportunity before making a move?
Well that could only happens if you aren't really in need of the job! smiley

Contradiction

If faith enters your head or comes into your head by hearing
Then it means you don't choose it or collect it

It just enters your head without your permission

Even if you say you should have faith
It doesn't mean you chose faith

Even if I say you chose faith

It means you already have faith and the faith is being manifested

You cannot determine how you choose faith

You can only determine what you think of faith (as something that is necessary or not for someone to attain this or that state)
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

Contradiction
If faith enters your head or comes into your head by hearing
Then it means you don't choose it or collect it
It just enters your head without your permission
Even if you say you should have faith
Even if I say you chose faith
It means you already have faith and the faith is being manifested
You cannot determine how you choose faith
You can only determine what you think of faith (as something that is necessary or not for someone to attain this or that state)

You choose when you decide to act on what you heard, the dog and the sheep both have ears and eyes but they don't respond the same way to sight and sound!
That's why God's word said faith in itself is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

I am not asking WHY you choose

I am asking HOW you choose faith

Since you can't determine how you choose faith
Then faith is not a choice

The "why" you choose merges with the "how" you choose!
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The "why" you choose merges with the "how" you choose!

Grammatical disaster
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You choose when you decide to act on what you heard, the dog and the sheep both have ears and eyes but they don't respond the same way to sight and sound!
That's why God's word said faith in itself is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley

Acting on what you heard doesn't mean choosing faith

I can decide to say I HAVE HEARD

But that doesn't mean I have chosen faith
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

Grammatical disaster

Absence of Awareness and Understanding Disaster.
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

Acting on what you heard doesn't mean choosing faith
I can decide to say I HAVE HEARD
But that doesn't mean I have chosen faith
The problem with most of you is the way you view anyone claiming believer, you guys think you're smart but the truth is that there's no atheist no matter how old or educated you are a true Christian will always outsmart you!

Now listen:

This is a faceless social media where everyone can just read and pass bye without typing a word, for you opening a thread on this subject is by CHOICE, it's the same as when you hear people talk and you CHOOSE to act on what you heard! smiley
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The problem with most of you is the way you view anyone claiming believer, you guys think you're smart but the truth is that there's no atheist no matter how old or educated you are a true Christian will always outsmart you!

Now listen:

This is a faceless social media where everyone can just read and pass bye without typing a word, for you opening a thread on this subject is by CHOICE, it's the same as when you hear people talk and you CHOOSE to act on what you heard! smiley

Acting on your post doesn't mean I choose faith
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Absence of Awareness and Understanding Disaster.

Awareness of what?

Understanding of what

You are wrong!!!
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:

Acting on your post doesn't mean I choose faith
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! wink
You're now trying to cover what has been exposed! grin
Sorry my friend, whatever makes you do something after a sight or sound when many never did is a sign that your CHOICE differs!
Many are reading now but kept quiet, it's the same with FAITH. Billions are hearing what those who CHOSE faith heard but never yielded. So those that makes the move CHOSE faith Sir after hearing what everyone else heard! smiley
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! wink
You're now trying to cover what has been exposed! grin
Sorry my friend, whatever makes you do something after a sight or sound when many never did is a sign that your CHOICE differs!
Many are reading now but kept quiet, it's the same with FAITH. Billions are hearing what those who CHOSE faith heard but never yielded. So those that makes the move CHOSE faith Sir after hearing what everyone else heard! smiley

How did they choose faith??
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:
How did you investigate?
I spent time reading up manuscripts/scriptures on each of the Faiths that i thought at least somewhat aligned with my reasoning and goals at the time. undecided

I asked questions of those who were current with each Faith, as well as those who has abandoned the Faith gathering information to help me understand the ups and downs involved with practicing of each. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:
When it comes to Faith, the choice is made in your heart/mind, not with your hands and senses. undecided

Once you make that choice in your heart/mind, and follow it up with the doing , typically in obedience, you are in the faith. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I spent time reading up manuscripts/scriptures on each of the Faiths that i thought at least somewhat aligned with my reasoning and goals at the time. undecided

I asked questions of those who were current with each Faith, as well as those who has abandoned the Faith gathering information to help me understand the ups and downs involved with practicing of each. undecided

How did you choose after investigating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Second Coming Has Already Happened In 70 AD / Scientific Miracles In The Qur'an: Muslims Finally Accept the Truth / Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.